All My Children... some things never change

@coffeebreak (17820)
SO I haven't watched AMC in couple weeks. Just got to boring and redundant and all. So while resting today, I turn it on..trying to fall asleep... and holy moley...nothing has changed!!!! Everyone is bed hopping and fighting amongst the two big companies and of course...that same, old, dusty storyline of plane blows up and the passenger is "missing" assumed dead. Zach was flying to see Greenlee and his plane explodes...Ryan, who is back with Greenlee..again, swims out to find him and of course can't and come next week it will be told to all that Zach is dead and sometime next year or so, Zach will reappear and so the story goes ....again. The kid comes out of nowhere and is the son that the father never saw or knew about...good grief... don't the writers ever get tired of writing the same thing? Not exactly complaining... I sure get things done during the day now, now that i don't make a point to be infront of the tv at noon!!!
@stealthy (8188)
All the soaps are like that for the most part. They just retell the same old plots or cop other SOAP's plots. The only reason to watch is to see some favorite actors and hope that occasionally a good story will creep in or at least a few good scenes. Y&R has had some really good stuff the last few months with the romance of Victoria and Billy because they have such great chemistry together and both are very talented comedic actors.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Aren't they tho! I stopped watching AMC and OLTL for the same reason. Altho now that they have "cowboy-up'ed" Clint to be a man and replace Asa I really like storylines..the rest can go pound sand. I am sick of the baby switching/who's the daddy storylines. GOod grief OLTL has 3 of them all going at the same time now! Clint is the only reason I tune in few minutes a day or so. He's all that is worth watching! And today, they showed Matthew all suited up and being "tutored" by Clint...that should be very intersting too! I was all about Y%R too..Billy and Victoria and Jack and Phyliss... but they don't show enough of billy and vic and Jack is getting boring and redundant. Does he really think Victor is just going to let the money sceem with Adam just fill Jacks wallet? And the Sharon thing and Adam and the list goes on. And bringing back Daisy with the dusty old boring pregnant/baby story.... looks like it is getting right back to boring like the rest of them! I just hope they do more with B ands V... they are great together and it is nice to see an intelligent Victoria instead of the whimpy whiney empty headed husband hunter that she was.