November Iris

Iris - reblooming iris in November
@dawnald (84131)
Shingle Springs, California
November Iris Is it confused? Or just bred to rebloom? Whatever, it's pretty Against all the gray and gloom. Sorry for the mediocre poetry. lol I looked outside yesterday and saw this blooming in my back yard. I love bearded iris, and it's nice to see them at a time of year when most everything has stopped blooming. A little morning color for a pick me up.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
That looks great Dawny. Love the color.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
It's purple, what's not to like? :D
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
I heard people who like purple are sexually frustrated.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Aww that's a lovely poem Dawn and the pic of the flower is even better. So gorgeous..does it have a scent? Sometime next week I shall try to post a pic of my flowering winter jasmine that always cheers me up in the..er..winter lol.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
OK fine, but don't start with the hot lips again.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
PS they do have a slight scent...
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! One is still out!
@sedel1027 (17855)
I have a Orchid that is the same way! It has a lot of new growth. Makes no sense to me either. Hopefully it will bloom again soon. This year in bloomed in February and the flowers lasted months.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Do you have it inside or outside?
@sedel1027 (17855)
Its inside but its right in front of a window we keep open all the time.
Well, it is freezing cold here and is so dull and boring. I think even with the cold i would feel a bit better if i could look outside and there be some form of colour around, instead there is none at all. No wonder i am not often in the best kind of moods when i wake up. It makes me want to stay in my bed longer.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
There's still a lot of color here, actually, but we get shorter, warmer winters than many places.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Some iris are re-bloomers also, and you can see them blooming in the winter.
@ElicBxn (60834)
I think its a confused flower... how long did it last?
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I think it's a re-bloomer. Anyway it lasted about a week, not that specific flower, but when they bloom there are usually 3-4 on a stalk.
At this point in time in my neck of the woods, everything is dull and brown or gray. A month ago we had the most phenomenal colors in the deciduous trees, but even that is gone now. Our weather has been quite deceiving of the colors that we see right now though because of the fact that it was almost 80 degrees outside today and yet not a speck of color anywhere. I can't wait until everyone gets their Christmas lights up so that there will be some color again.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
The color is not quite gone here yet, but soon....
@rosegardens (3044)
Very pretty. It reminds me of the spring to come. I planted more bulbs, and I cannot even tell you what I planted because I got a very nice variety of different flowers for a great price from an online store. Iris are included in the mix, and I cannot wait for them to bloom! Do you have a lot of flowers in your garden?
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not as many as at my last 2 houses, but I have a fair number of flowers.
@lynnymac (105)
thank you for sharing this beauty with us, dawn. you bring joy to so many of us.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
@jazel_juan (15767)
wow beautiful flower.. well we do not have that kind of flower here..and well i do not get to see that much flower here in my country unless i go to a flower shop all we have here at home are orchids
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Orchards are very beautiful too. we can pretty much only grow them here inside.
@bunnybon7 (35928)
• Holiday, Florida
beautiful. here in arizona its the only time of year we have beautiful things blooming. its usually to hot for things to survive in summer, etc. but now we have all kinds of desert plants, trees, and cactus flowers. its a nice change from the gloomy sand colors in summer.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Maybe you'll get enough rain to have a really nice desert bloom in the spring.
@vandana7 (63833)
Exotic. :) Thanks for sharing Dawny. :)
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not so exotic here. :D
Indeed it would be for me as all I see are gray skies and naked tree branches. So that certainly would be a treat for me to be able to see this time of year. I agree.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Well just think, only 8 more months and it will be spring. :D