would you ever think pig tastes so good? PORK LOVERS PLEASE ENTER!!

I am sitting here eating a fried pork chop with hot sauce and boy I can't believe such an animal that likes mud tastes so good. What wonderful flavors the other white meat has.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, It sounds delicious too. Mine like theirs just ordinary with Chips (French Potato Fries) and a salad of course. I donĀ“t have any favourite recipes for this in particular. But yes it does taste and smell very good. My lot in this House will eat it Grilled too but again with Fried Chips (grin). Hope you enjoy yours.
That is a good way to eat it. I am trying to learn new ways to cook in my crock pot.
• Marion, Kansas
I cook a pork loin roast in my crock pot. Just dump a bottle of salsa and a can of refries on it and cook it until it falls apart. Yum. Put it on top of rice, eat it in a bun or a tortilla, eat it on top of a potato. If it makes too much for you to finish, put it in the freezer and bring it out later. It thaws and reheats beautifully.
I have a crock pot and would love to try a new dish. what is refries and where can I buy it. Thanks
• Marion, Kansas
Any grocery that sells Mexican foods will have refried beans. They are cooked then mashed. Once you put it with the salsa on the pork you would never know there were beans. I buy the fat free kind. They are pretty inexpensive.
Roasted Pork = Lechon al la barra - mmmmm yummy roasted lechon (Pork)
Girl I am Puerto Rican so Pig is part of our holiday main menu. I em gong to enclose a picture of the last one I roasted. Hold on now you are sure to slobber as it is so yummy....
I could not eat that if i was there to see the head on it. Oh no way for me no way. That must have tasted good though.
Yeah I do not blame you as i never touch the head or limbs but I do know many who do LOL..
What is really funny is that I've never been a huge fan of pork. I don't think that it has anything at all to do with the characteristics of the living animal that the meat comes from. Instead I think that the reason that I'm not a huge fan of pork is because it always seems that it is a little bit tough to me. That said, I have found in the past few years that I am actually starting to enjoy eating pork for the first time in my life.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I love pork and so does the family. I usually but pork roast and throw it in the crockpot, and some chicken brooth, and some barbeque seasonings and let it cook. By the time everyone comes home at night we have terrific barbeque pork sandwiches. It is always tender and juicy.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
My personal favorite is chili verde, pork in green sauce, yum.
would you mind telling how to make this. can I use my crock pot?
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have no idea how to make it. I've only eaten it in a restaurant.
@fannitia (2172)
• Bulgaria
Well, I can believe and I love porc meat. But only lean meat, without fat. I like it stewed with mushrooms.
I don't know what part is the lean part. Can you tell me and how you cooked this thanks.
In Danish cuisine we eat a lot of pork. I love it!!! zyoure so right about the flavours.
@ElicBxn (59911)
actually, pigs would be clean enough if we hadn't breed all the bristles off them They wallow in mud to keep from getting sunburns... and while they will eat a lot of things, in the wild they eat herbs, acorns and things of that nature, even bugs and grubs...
@ElicBxn (59911)
@writersedge (22579)
I think it's because they eat a lot of things. I used to raise pigs when I was a teen. My family would buy a few in the spring. They love to eat squash and pumpkins. They'll eat greens, leftovers, and they always loved bread, too. The mud works to keep them from getting sunburned, esp. the white ones with pink skin.
Yes, pork tastes really great. When I gained a lot of fat, there weren't many foods that tasted satisfactory for me. But, as soon as I tried pork fried rice, something did satisfy my tongue. It seemed like I was living a dream, because thus far in my obesity, such a wonderful taste and appetite filling food never filled my stomach. Looking it at an animals perspective, pigs should be respected and there needs to be protection for this animal. When taking both conflicts to view, it seems really baffling.
@marcmm (1806)
Pork is the best meat around. You can make a lot of recipe from them. Barbecue, soup, deep fried, ginger fried, in soy sauce, grill, stuffed meat, spring rolls and many more. just name any recipe in our mind using meat, pork will be suitable to use. I like to barbecue pork more than anything else. Prepared with a tasty marinated and barbecue it at a char coal grill to give a better flovour, I think this is the best.
@salonga (27838)
Pork Dish - Pork for you
I am not a pork lover but may I enter? I certainly can't love an unclean and unhealthy animal. Ha!ha!ha! Nevertheless I will not question your love for this dirty meat for anyway you are not alone. There are many of you. So I am here to give you this plate below and I hope you enjoy this for now okay!
@MsTickle (24752)
Pigs are actually very clean animals The domestic pigs are pink skinned. They need to protect their fair skin and so they need to wallow. Many animals do this. Pork is a very versatile meat with a delicious flavour. I love roast pork with apple sauce and I also love thick pork rashers done in the oven with various marinades. I got more great ideas here too.
Although its been said time and again that we aren't supposed to eat it; I LOVE PORK!!! Have you ever noticed that people that eat pork say it totally different than those that don't? People that do eat it tend to say "Po'k" (like Poke but not so much emphasis on the long "O"), while those that don't pronounce it with a hard "R". A muslim came up to me one day and asked me did I know that pigs are genetically derived from a cat, rat, and a dog. I looked at him and said "Who knew it would make such a tasty combination???"