My brother got a dog and...

We have two dogs. One is a german shepard and the other is a lapso apso. My brother has the lapso apso. When he went somewhere and came back two hours later (he said he would be back in twenty minutes) and I walked the dog for him (we live close together, about a block away) from his house to mine and back. He got back when I was coming back and he flipped out, yelling at me. Meanwhile, the german shepard (my dog) and his dog started playing but my brother thought they were fighting and he punched my dog in the eye and yelled at me. He doesn't feed it that much, and only takes it for walks when I remind him. What should I do? I have a key, so I sometimes go and feed/walk it when he is gone, but his reactions to these actions are totally irrational. Should I continue doing this?
@Maggiepie (7821)
Your brother isn't just irrational, he is abusive. Do what you can to find that poor dog a better home. I've "stolen" neglected & abused animals & found homes for them. I'd tell him the dog ran away, & apologize to God for the lie, if I knew I could help the animal! Whatever you do, get that dog away from him A.S.A.P., before it's too late! Maggiepie "Words are loaded pistols." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre, writer & philosopher (1905-1980)
I totally agree with you that he needs to take the dog away from him ASAP!! I would have punched him back if he would have punched MY dog!! Nobody would hurt my dog and live to tell!! I feel sorry for his dog.
If anyone, even a brother, punched my dog they'd get a beating. In the very least you should have reported him for attacking your dog. If he's not feeding his dog, report him. Why would you let his dog suffer?
I would sit down and talk to him and tell him how irresponsible he is being, tell him what you have been doing as well. Explain to him that dogs are much like children. That they are a big responsibility and they also deserve respect and love, and if he cant provide that perhaps he should put the dog up for adoption. Also explain to him that abusing an animal is a crime and if someone reports him he can go to jail.
@boldyus (24)
Hi, i think that you dont have to continue this. Maybe he don't love the dogs but why he buy one?... Whatever you have to discuss with your brother and say to him that you aren't understand why he are so bad with the dog, and why is he so iresponsable. If you discuss this things with he, i'm sure that he will understand what he suposed to do with his dog. Thanks
@ramonah (213)
To be fair, maybe you wouldn't report him to the authorities because he is your brother, but you can talk to him seriously. Tell him that his dog is alive and doesn't live on air.. it's a creature that needs taking care of, try and say that if he can't take care of it you can and will, and if he doesn't accept one or the other than maybe you can convince someone else to talk to him, friends or family. If not.. ultimately, you should report him anonymously because animals should not be treated this way.
@hushi22 (4941)
i miss my cousin's dog, but not playing with it because i have a phobia. but the dog is beautiful. it is a japanese shitzu. i dont know if i got the spelling correctly. her name is tiny because she is very tiny. hehehe hmmmm...what about confront him first?
even though you mean well, your brother doesn't appreciate it so i would stop doing it. It's a shame that he can't take better care of his pet.
@Astraea (177)
• Sweden
Call the police or local animal shelter or whatever. You can report him anonymously.
I would report your brother to the local authorities, we have the RSPCA here in England im not sure what you have wherever you are but there will be some measures in place for animal protection. It is abuse at the end of the day and totally unfair on the poor animal. You need to get somthing sorted for the sake of this poor dog. Good luck with it all.