Computer Issues? Slow? Freezes?

Don't you hate it when a computer freezes up on you? Especially, when your doing something super important? Or when it is super slow? Don;t you hate it when it feels like you have been waiting forever? I love computers. They are like my best friend. But, when they annoy me I just feel like karate chopping it in half! I want to throw it against the wall. Some times I'm just so mad I yell at it if it were real! Sad, huh?
Hello asianxkutiee! Yeah, I agree with you there, when you are using the computer and you have an important thing to finish, it really annoys me when the computer freezes or for that matter, so slow. I get frustrated sometimes when the documents were not saved! Ugh!
Yes, it is very annoying. I mean, you have to do something and it just won't let you and you end up fired! Technology is convenient but too frustrating!
Oh my gosh it is like the computer knows that I want to get something important completed and almost like it is laughing at me to my face. As it freezes and nothing we can do sometimes but wait, and or restart the computer. Since I have a firewall on my network, I can't even begin to tell you that re-starts are like major turtles.
@icehut (508)
How does a firewall affect your rebooting of the computer?
I have a server, vpn and firewall set up with two separate modems. So all services have to shutdown first then my computer will shut down to restart, so it is quite a slow process and not one I enjoy so I rarely shut down and or restart my computer unless it is necessary.
@icehut (508)
Do you mean that your UTM is running as a virtual machine on your main computer? Two modems? Is that for WAN Failover? I virtualize my servers on a Linux host - much more reliable than a Windows host.
@distorsi (164)
maintain your machine regularly, clean up junk files, defrag... disablle some of unused start up prgrams, keep only the main programs that needed by OS when start up, tweak your registry to speed up for speed up your machine if u use old machine, try to install linux on your machine, linux can run more fast in old machine than windows. many site can help u improve the speed your current machine w/o buying new hardware, try to googling
@DoctorDidi (7030)
I have the same feeling like and most of the computer users have the same feeling.
Have you tried to run anti-virus scans or defragment your computer? That might help it not be so slow.
• Thailand
If you hate your current computer because of its slowing, I think you should buy another good computer dear. Computer is cheaper nowaday. When I do something important, my computer also slow and freeze like you, my action then is just wait for it. Because we can't do anything with this slow. Have a good day mate!
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi asian, When my eight-year old (OMG,that old?) Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, 512MR RAM, 40GB Western Digital HDD act like that, I know its time to format it. I have been doing that during its life span and it still runs fine: thirty seconds from cold start, five seconds opening on apps, thirty seconds shutdown. All it takes is a little maintenance on Operating System, regular HDD defrag, and running one app at a time. I can't run higher apps though, but who needs them if I have MS Office, GlobalMapper, Adobe Photoshop, Correl X3, the works on my fingertips? I'll have to settle with that in the next ten years or so.
@icehut (508)
Have you tried attending anger management classes? No amount of beating the computer will help, and don't even attempt to bare fist an old CRT monitor - you'll receive a huge shock!