A Poem..........

@rainyl (671)
I am a SOCCER MOM Yes it is true, I am a SOCCER MOM I spend my weekends on the road and in the sun getting burned and burned out all so that my son can play soccer I hear the rants and the grunts of all the other parents who think they can play or what each child should have done The negative comments and the shocking wake up calls that parent's should really either maintain their comments or just stay at home This is not our game, it is not for us Our sons and daughters play Soccer because they love the challenge and the game and to know that they are giving it their all when out on that field. We as parents also need to remember if we can do it better then get out on that field and do it, other then that from one SOCCER PARENT to another Please keep the comments and the ugly words about the players off the field and side lines. We are not on the field playing and we cant see what the players see or the Ref's Yes we all think there are bad calls made however the game must go on. Praise the players, let them hear cheers and clapping Let them know that we all appreciate what they are doing on that field and each one in their own way contributes to the game. We as parents could learn a lot from our children, our Soccer playing children That teamwork and team spirit is the most important and to know that you worked as a team and celebrated with your team mates regardless if you brought home the trophy or not means the world to them and gives them the discipline to move on in life The coaches they look up to, that teach them that it is ok to not always win as long as your head is held up at the end of the game and all of your team mates are walking and not injured this is just a thought from a SOCCER MOM written by: Marie Young Cain 08/13/06
Good poem though I am not into soccer or rather it is football here in the U.K. Though my brothers and dad were so I had to endure many times of the tv being switched to a football match when I was living at home! Lucky for me my husband is not into watching it!
@rainyl (671)
Thanks, Well Sports is a family thing here! and you and your husband have each other to do things with that you enjoy.
@rainyl (671)
@blueman (16513)
good soccer poem.