International shops

@Porcospino (16425)
Denmark
In the city where I was born some of my favourite shops are the international shops. There are a couple of Asian shops, an Indian shop and a Russian shop, and I love visiting them, because I like to buy food and other things that aren't available in the other shops in my country. In the Asian shops I have bought snacks, noodles and drinks and I also bought some decorations when I had an a Chinese evening in my home. In the Russian shop I bought some Russian sweets and in the Indian shop I have bought clothes, scarfs, incense and presents. In the village where I live now there are no international shops, and that is a little boring, but when I visit one of the big cities I like to have a look at the international shops. Are there many or few international shops in the area where you live? Do you like to visit international shops? Why/why not?
@gunagohan (3415)
There are many international shops in most of the Plaza's in my place. i visit them often for buying textiles and there are often foreign hotels being a house full show for their food types. many likes to adopt themselves to western culture. i don't know the reason, but everyone likes to change their way of looking and move to the western type by visiting the international shops. Let it be textile or food habits, they often visit the international shops !!
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
In my case it is opposite way around. I live in the western world, but I love to visit the Asian shops and in order to buy some of the things that aren't avalable in the other shops in my country. It has always been one of my big dreams to travel around in Asia, I don't have the money for that, but when I visit the international shops I can at least see and taste some of the things from those countries. I went to the Indian shop today. They sell clothes, shoes, bags, incense, jewelry and other things. The shop is quite small, but they have many beautiful things.
@gunagohan (3415)
India is a very economical country...You can travel everywhere at a moderate price. I guess, u will be experiencing less amount of money to be spent when touring india compared to other western countries !!
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
It is one of my big dreams to visit India one day. It is something that I have been thinking about for a long time. I have a friend in the south of India, and he has invited me a long time ago. The plane ticket from Denmark to India is quite expensive, but I hope that my dream about visiting India will come true one day If I get the chance to go there I would like to visit many different parts of the country, and it is good to know that it isn't that expensive to travel around in India.
@camposkat (310)
Hi Porcospino! The only shop I tend to visit or look out for is the Asian shop or mainly Chinese or South East Asian shop. Being a Filipino and preferring to cook my home country's dishes, I would usually ask my fiancee to accompany me to the nearest Chinese or Asian grocery store so we can check out some condiments like soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, chilli sauce etc. and dimsum, noodles and many others so I can use them for our dishes. :) He loves it there. In every Asian store we've been to, he find something he fancies and he's amazed at the merchandise they sell there. I have seen some Polish, Indian and other shops around but never did try to check them out. I'll probably try to have a look at these other shops and see what I may find. :)
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
My husband and I also like to visit the Asian shops. I often find something interesting or a new dish that I would like to try. I don't cook, but my husband often cooks international dishes for us. Some of the things that they sell like noodles or chili sauce are cheaper than the things in other shops, and there are more things to choose from, that is another reason why I like to visit those shops. I also love to visit the Indian shop, they have so many beatiful things. We don't have any Polish shops in my country, but it sounds interesting.
@oldchem1 (8144)
I live in a small village so nothing here, but we are quite close to Lancaster and there is a wonderful Thai shop there that I love to visit it!!
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
I also live in a village where there are no international shops. We only have one shop in the village and it is a supermarked without foreign food or other foreign products. When I want to visit one of the international shops I have to go to the biggest town on my island. The Thai shop sounds interesting. I often visit the Asian shops in the town where my parents live. They sell things from China, Vietman and Thailand, and I like to buy some of things that aren't available in the other shops.
@veejay19 (3592)
During my younger days,ie around 50 years ago there were hardly any shops selling goods of foreign make.This situation persisted for a long time and only a few shops had imported goods which anyway were prohibitively expensive and beyond the range of most of the Indian population.During these days people used to bring all international goods from the Gulf countries like UAE, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran,Kuwait and Bahrain.However during the 90`s the economy was opened up in India and there was a huge rush of companies from other countries who in partnership with Indian companies opened shop here.Nowadays products from all countries from all over the world are available here.There are no particular shops catering to a particular country as in your country but most shops have products from all countries and all the foreign labels are available here.There is so much of choice that it is very difficult to choose which brand to buy.There are huge malls and department stores having all international as well as Indian goods especially in the major Indian cities.Now we do not have to import any goods from outside the country as everything is available here.Moreover when a new product is released in the international market,it is available in Indian markets within a month.The entire world has realized that India is a huge market for their goods ,so they are all making a beeline for it.
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
Thanks for your detailed response I think that you are lucky to live in a country where you can buy products from all over the world, but I can imagine that it must be hard to choose when so many different brands are available in the shops. In my country is relatively easy to find food and other things from Asia, because there are many Asian shops around the country, but there are quite few international shops from other parts of the world. When I visit another country I love to eat some of the food that isn't available in my own country.
I am living in a big city and there are so many international shops, i dont visit there because things are quite expansive out there and i cant afford their prices. I mostly depends on local made stuff.
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
In my country some of the international shops are cheaper than the other shops for instanse the Asian supermarkeds. If I want to buy Asian food I am often able to save some money if I choose one of the Asian supermarkeds instead of the ordinary supermarked. There are also some international shops where the things are more expensive for instanse the American shop or the British shop in Copenhagen.
It always comes to mind. Visiting international shops is much of a hobby for me. I'm a food fanatic and have traveled across the globe to experience other places, cultures and fine cuisine. For me, I can't live a day without Indian food. There aren't many other shops that offer such a spicy and zesty taste. Even though I'm white, I've taken up the idea of buying spices and products for the curries and breads that Indians make. In comparison to Chinese cuisine, there is more of a taste in Indian dishes. Feel that Chinese make there foods more bland tasting.
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
I also love Indian food, and I think it is more delicious than the local food in my country. I know that many Danes love traditional Danish food, but the Danish dishes aren't spicy at all, and that is one of the reasons why I prefer food from other countries. I love spicy food, and I would like to eat international food every day if I could afford it. Unfortuneately the Indian shop in my area doesn't sell food, spices etc, but I love to visit the Indian restaurants, and I wish I could do it more often