Do you have any superstitutions?

Some superstitions in my family are: + You cannot have your house door when you open it go directly to your kitchen screen door if they do it means that once you walk in your house your money will go out the other door (meaning you can't keep money) + If you have a purse that does not have a zippered top to the purse then you can't keep money because your bag is so open, you're not keeping your belongings and money in the bag. + Never take pictures with odd people (it's just a saying and bad luck supposedly) + For a wedding, after praying and if the candle some how stops lighting or falls over it means our relatives or whoever in the pass, doesn't agree with the wedding. There are lots more but I would like to hear if you have any superstitions?
I have two superstitions I try never to cross which are I never walk under a ladder no ever put my purse on the floor. The purse on the floor says you will always be broke, so far I am broke so the superstition is not working well for me. LOL
Heh.. I never heard of never walking under a ladder, what does that symbolize? I hard about not putting your purse on the floor too.
Walking under a ladder is suppose to be bad karma. This one I will never do as I have enough bad karma as it is.
@junil_jk (498)
i'm not superstitious. i'm sure there must be some reason behind many superstitions but someone needs to explain it to me. i don't believe in 'don't do this or that' just like that without reasoning. so, i don't consider myself as superstitious. talking about family members, my mom's the worst of the lot. and of course people in our place are superstitious a lot. like for example, u can't cut ur fingernails, hair, etc. on specific days, u can't give away or buy things on specific days, u can't leave home on this day and that day, etc. in fact there are lots and it really drives me crazy. it just limits my activities very much so i don't believe or follow them, not until someone gives me the proper reasoning of'em all. there are certain things which people call superstition and which i follow, not because they are superstition, but because they have proper reasoning behind them. so, basically i'm not superstitious, but i'm reasoning.
Wow that's really specific. My family only has a few superstitions but not much like that! Thanks for sharing.
My mom was very superstitious and every decisions she made including transferring of the house was to be consulted to an expert. She was so superstitious that she wouldn't want our family photo taken because it might destroy our family or bring bad luck. In my case I'm never superstitious. I just believe in God and I just ask for His guidance in everything I do.
Wow that is super superstitious, we are only just to an extent. Thanks for sharing!
we have many superstitions. Like you can't sit on the table because it will cause you to be a spinster. And if you will see a brown butterfly, it will signify that it is the soul of your beloved. ;)
Thanks for sharing :) I never heard of those before!
@2004cqui (2823)
My mom used to say don't bring a broom used outside in one door and out another. There were more but I surmised they come from farm days. i.e. dirt carried through the house?
Thank you for sharing! I heard that one too.
I do but I can't remember.
Oh, that's okay :)
@hati3kuro (278)
Which culture do you belong to infatuatedby? This has got my attention, because in my culture, there are a lot of superstitions, some of which may sound so ridiculous that you'd think do these people really live by that? It was all too fussy to begin with, and sound illogical to me.. lol
@zandi458 (27952)
When I was growing up my grandmother used to tell me not to do this and that for fear of bad luck, accidents, illnesses...etc She was full of superstitions. A friend I visited recently had all her framed pictures on the wall of her house changed position. She told me that someone has told her not to put the picture of her deceased parents on the wall opposite the main door. It will make any occupants of the house constantly ill. She may be true as she used to complain that her daughter is always sick and not anymore after removing the pictures.
Yes sometimes it's true...