This Is Why I Love Amazon So Much

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Wow, what an amazing "Fulfilment Centre" as it's known..and it's not the only one either. This one is in Swansea, Wales. I can't believe how well-organised it looks. No wonder all my parcels arrived in good time. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333418/PICTURED-Amazon-sets-elves-work-Christmas-rush-begins.html?ito=feeds-newsxml However, there's no way I'm ordering anything in December (not that I need anything now). I just don't do "last minute shopping" anymore, plus there is a knock-on effect with mail deliveries taking longer due to the sheer number of parcels. Also, I'm planning on going to Mum's on 17th December so I think I did the right thing buying stuff early. It looks as though the "Black Friday" sale they had wasn't exactly a success though but I don't think they need them to be honest. The site is cheap enough already! Do you like Amazon as much as I do? They've come a long way from selling just books!
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
That is one massive warehouse. It makes my warehouse look amateurish! Amazon is a great site but I am not a fan of them right now. They have taken a lot of our business away from us here recently. Because the US dollar is weak at the moment, people can buy books cheaper from Amazon that they can from us. Because of their massive buying power and I think they are publishers too now, they can sell for much lower than we can and still make a profit. We have cut our stock of books by half as they have not been selling anywhere near as fast as they used to. We hardly make any profit on them now either. So we are stocking our store with other items now that give us more profit and are only stocking the books that we have direct distributorship deals with the Authors.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
It's good that you are diversifying with different stock but I do know what you mean about Amazon undercutting other booksellers. Even large booksellers like Waterstone's are struggling to compete with Amazon. I've noticed that they have to sell THEIR books cheaper as well. I bought an Alan Sugar autobiography from Amazon that was reduced from £20 to £8.80..that's some discount. Last year I bought a Stephen King book (also greatly reduced) from Amazon as Waterstone's were awaiting more stock but I couldn't wait because it was a Christmas present for my brother. I would've bought it from Waterstone's if it had been in stock but, unfortunately, it wasn't.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
We have diversified with a few new products in recent times, but we have also concentrated on being fully stocked all the time with some of the equipment and food that we import and that have a higher profit margin. In the past we would run out of these things and then have to save up to buy more as we had a larger book range that had taken up more of our money to have in stock. Now, we are importing well before we run out instead of stocking up the book section.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Wow, I love people that are so organised. Good for you and I hope you continue to flourish my friend.
@hofferp (4739)
Janey, just a week ago weren't you really upset with Amazon? (Or am I thinking of another friend?) Anyway, Amazon is just one of several sites I use to buy things. And since I'm not done with Christmas shopping, I'm sure I'll be looking at the site soon.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
To be honest I can't remember being upset with Amazon..I can't think WHY I would be upset with them..so I'm hoping it's someone else who is lol. I do read customer reviews as I find them extremely helpful. There is always one kn*b head who slags Amazon off for the sake of it (and those reviews I take no notice of) as most of them are usually favourable, even for huge items like televisions!
@hofferp (4739)
Must have been someone else...sorry.
@lacieice (2065)
I am a avid Amazon shopper, and have been for several years. I've never had any problems of any kind...fast order fulfillment, rapid shipping, orders always right. I only wish they accepted paypal. I do, however get all the gift certificates for Amazon that I can from my money making sites, so I usually carry a balance. Just love their merchandise, and the fact that only $25 in merchandise gets you free shipping. Awesome site.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Yes, I got free delivery on most of my items which is most helpful, especially at this time of year. I have never had problems either. I would love the money to buy something big like a television (as I always read reviews) as they tend to be cheaper at Amazon. It really is amazing how they have expanded over the years and long may it continue if they keep customers like us happy!
@SonyynoS (73)
Hi Janey, I know amazon but I never use it, from the past I just know amazon selling books n selling cloth, but I don't know can we sell there? But I have heard some people get success in amazon to make much money, I just use ebay, can you tell me what is the advantage of amazon?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
All I can say about Amazon is that it is a great online shopping site. It started off selling books and expanded onto other things..and you can virtually buy anything on there now...even clothing. Prices are reduced (as a rule) and people can leave reviews about what they have bought and I have done that many times. I like to let others know what a positive experience it is shopping with Amazon and the fact that the products are cheaper than elsewhere. I have no idea if Indonesia has an Amazon site, so I'm sorry I can't help you with that. I am not an affiliate of Amazon, I just like shopping with them. Ebay is good for the same reason but I had a bad experience with them so don't shop with them anymore. I always buy new from Amazon as well, never anything that is second-hand. This is probably why I have never been disappointed with my products. Hope this helps.
Although I am not much of an online shopper, I do however like Amazon. I have nothing but great success with all my purchases. I am sure there will delays as so many shoppers like me could not afford to do so early, even with the great sales. Glad your experience was great.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Like you, I've never had a bad experience with Amazon. In fact, I once bought a Dyson DC04 cleaner from them. I would say that's the most expensive item I've bought to date..and it's still going strong some 7 years later.