Someone broke in and stole my panties…

Okay, I just had to laugh when I heard this: My great aunt, who I'm confident has dementia, was talking to my mom just a few minutes ago. My mom was just checking on her when my great aunt claimed that she's missing 6 pairs of panties. She believes that someone broke into her house while she was away and stole them. They didn't want her television sets, her fine crystal or china, her appliances or her jewelry. Nope, those "thieves" wanted her panties. My mom tried to negotiate with her, suggesting that the pantie might have fallen between her drawers or could be hidden somewhere. I'm not sure if my great aunt accepted those suggestions, but she calmed down a little bit. I just had to share this. It gave me a little laugh for the day.
@1hopefulman (32558)
It could be she misplaced them or it could be that some sick person actually stole them. There was a story not too long ago about a sicko that actually broke into girls rooms and took their underwear and did some sick things with them. later he murdered two women. If I find the story I will post the link.
@1hopefulman (32558)
Here it is: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/10/18/col-williams-court-1018.html
@Elixiress (3893)
My Grandpa did something similar about a year ago, he lives in a care home / old peoples home and one day me and my Mam went to visit him and he claimed that he heard noises during the night at that it was "those yobs hiding tv sets under the floor in the dining room".
Well the thief's a pervert. In my country, there were cases like this but it has been reduced since then. I just don't know what joy is there to steal panties?!!
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, Oh gosh..when I read your post, I believe the thief must be something in his mind...and probably it is a guy who has a mind problem. I do see some news that guy stole girl panties for excitement. It is so disgusting. And I suggested your great auntie should install camera at her house to catch that thief.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me not the person get it it just the rat.
Kinda funny but sad also, as a person with dementia is truly not all there. It would make me chuckle if it were my relative then I would worry a bit about their failing illness. But you know thieves also have not merit and or reasoning sometimes some sickies truly steal odd things.
@louievill (19723)
Oh this is a real funny story, elder people could sometimes be funny but like what you mentioned she has dementia,guess it's part of senility that comes with the onset of old age common in most geriatric cases, we can some times ease that by giving certain kinds of brain food or medication like memory plus that is extracted from think a tree bark.(search the internet). On the other hand she might be telling the truth, maybe some pervert Grandpa in the neighborhood did it LOL !!!