Tis the Season for Kids Concerts

@laglen (19783)
It is that time of year again. Choir Concerts, band concerts and school plays. I only have one child but have four choir concerts, three band concerts and three school plays. The kids in our youth group are trying to attend each others, whew. How is your holiday entertainment schedule?
@hofferp (4739)
Since I have no kids and the nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews are all in CA, TX and NY, I doubt I'll see any concerts, plays, etc. this year. I still remember the couple we went to when I was caring for my great niece and nephew in 2008... They were fun. I only have one party on the schedule...a neighborhood affair. I may go to Ruidoso this weekend for a light parade, but we'll see... Hope you have a wonderful time!
@laglen (19783)
Thank you, I hope you enjoy your holiday celebrations as well. Just one Christmas party (work) but it sure is a lot of fun!
@hofferp (4739)
Our neighborhood party is a lot of fun too. This one is a Christmas/Full Moon party combined. I think this year I'll go dressed as Santa...and get some use out of the costumes I have.
@laglen (19783)
That sounds like fun! We do not have a neighborhood party, not sure it would be a good idea around here.
@spalladino (17927)
So far ours is very light and I expect it to stay that way. We only have one grandchild down here in elementary school and one in preschool. Both have something going on for the holidays that we will attend but that's about it.
@laglen (19783)
Not too bad, our concerts are all in one week (next week) whew.
@katsmeow1213 (28980)
I don't know our schedule yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just one concert per kid. Last year at this time my oldest was in chorus and band.. but both concerts were on the same night in the same place.. they did the whole middle school at once.. only trouble was it was pretty long. The twins will be on another night, but they're in the same grade so not a big deal.. it will again be 1 concert. So only 2 nights total for me, unless there's a change of plan.
@laglen (19783)
That sounds much easier!
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya laglen, How lucky. We just do not have any of this going on around here at all. I asked someone the other Day if they were doing an end of term Play and they looked at me rather strange and said no of course not. I said you know the play of the Nativity and he still said no that was not done now and anything like that will be abolished in the near future. It did leave me surprised to say the least anyway. I thought what a shame that little ones cannot take part in something that they can learn lot´s of things about. After all it´s only a Nativity Play by itself. There are a few Bands though where they do take Children and they teach them to play Music which is better than nothing I suppose. Were the Plays good then and did they all get to see each other´s Plays.? Hope they all came out fine then. Happy New Year to you and all. xxx
The only performance that I am aware of for this year is my niece's Christmas play at her school next Tuesday night and unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make that because I also have my monthly crafting evening on the same day at the same time. I really hate that too because she specifically asked me to come, but I can't let the members of my group down either because I am the organizer of the group and it looks like a lot of people are going to be coming to that.