Normally the Helium Cheerleader

@Trensue (5265)
Typically I am a Helium cheerleader and love the site. This past month has been a tough one for me. My biggest problem is who do I dare share my concerns with. It seems to be when there is an issue - right now everyone runs and hides. I am probably already in trouble - but I had to say it somewhere and no one there seem to hear.
Are you having a problem with Helium? I am having a super big problem with them. They have not accepted any of my new articles and even deleted my old ones. I'm really frustrated with them and have moved on another site. I'm wondering what problem you are having with the site. Do share! Coz I really want to know whether you are encountering the same thing I did.
I am a fan of Helium also and this is really surprising to me. Did you post those articles elsewhere? May I have a look at them?
Some of the articles has been posted elsewhere, but that was not the problem they highlighted. I also had a few articles I wrote only for Helium. One of them has been among the top for a long time, suddenly deleted as well, after I started posting more articles just recently. I think I will resubmit these elsewhere where it is much more appreciated. Anyway, all my articles has been deleted; there is nothing for you to read.
Plus, my account has been deleted, and I was not even informed about it. I tried to log in just now to retrieve my original articles there. This has really upset me!
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Hello, Trenna. I'm okay myself, but a friend of mine has a real issue with one of the writers. They seem to be abusing the privilege of being a channel manager by grabbing suggested titles and writing to them before the writer who originated the title. I also think there is a problem with the contests. Certain writers seem to come from nowhere and win right at the end. As you say, I love the site, but something's going on at the moment, and there's no communication.
@Canellita (12059)
Hey Sandra! Long time no communicate; I was thinking about you a couple days ago! Your friend's problem has nothing to do with the channel manager. Managers do not seed new titles and have to get their suggested titles approved via the same process as everyone else. Managers do not receive notification of new titles being approved either. Many people have found that another writer beats them to a title they suggested and the only way to get around this is to write the article first. Suggested titles are seeded within 24 hours, but if your friend suggests a title and then leaves the computer for a few hours, this person won't know when the title is live and another person may happen to log on and visit the channel and find it. Contests are another issue entirely, but you have enough manager relationships at Helium to address your concerns and have someone look into a problem for you. If you send an email to the help desk and you don't get a timely or helpful response, let someone else know so they can check on it.
@Arioch (190)
To be fair I have suggest literally hundreds of titles to Helium and not once has anyone beat me to it, though I only usually suggest a few days in advance. I have had some trouble getting certain titles through and in the right heading though. There does seem to be a few bugs with the newer types of articles How to Guides at the moment though hopefully that will iron itself out.
• Spain
Hello, everyone. I advised my friend to contact the help desk, and apparently there is an issue which is being looked into involving a particular writer. I don't know any more than that, but I'm glad something's being done.
@Canellita (12059)
What concerns? Did you contact your channel manager?
@Trensue (5265)
Me? It is in the how to arena and there really isn't a channel manager - there is a person who is in corporate - She just stopped sending or responding to emails. I guess there must be a reason. I approached someone who was a little prickly and sometimes she can be. I need a good working relationship with her - so I just needed to vent - somewhere
@Canellita (12059)
Writing HTGs isn't the same as writing articles in the channels but you do have a manager you could contact as you're a little different than the average Helium writer. You should email the issue to your manager anyway and see what can be done to address the matter. Helium is adamant that writers receive appropriate feedback and that if they have a problem steps are taken to address it.
@Arioch (190)
You having problems with helium? I am also a big fan of the site but it is not perfect
@Trensue (5265)
I guess no site is perfect and in a lot of areas I love it and make good money. They are having some technical issues - it is obvious if you write in the "how to" zones and instead of just talking about it and saying we think it may be fixed in two weeks or two years - they say nothing. It bugs me. I should just be happy - write articles and get on with it. Sorry I got anyone riled.
@Canellita (12059)
Trensue, email your channel manager with that issue. You HTG's still have channels and the people who "approve" them still report to someone. I have had to contact senior managers before about mine.
I haven't had any real problems with Helium, they've only deleted one of my articles and I rewrote it and re-submitted it. I have to say that if you're unsure of whether or not your account will be deleted, back up all your reviews and if you lose your aaccount you can put them up somewhere else.
@Canellita (12059)
She won't lose her account.
@tjburcham (690)
I haven't used Helium for a long while. I should really get back to that. Thanks for reminding me.
@Trensue (5265)
It is a great place to make the extra money.