Milk- Store or Creamery/Dairy

I was just wondering if anyone buys their milk from a creamery or a dairy these days or everyone gets it from the grocery store. I would like to buy ours from a dairy and get it in glass milk bottles, but that seems to be hard to find. I am the granddaughter of a milkman who delivered milk beginning in a horse-drawn buggy.
There are no creameries where I live. I didn't even know they existed.
There are still some around in the United States, but none close to me to where I can have it delivered. I wish there was.
i live in india and we use milk from milkman so its easy to find here
It is nice that you still have a milkman that delivers milk to you.
@calpro (933)
I buy milk from the grocery store, In fact he delivers the milk to my house daily in the morning in packets. In my childhood I am aware of glass milk bottles and we used to return the empty bottles on the next day and bring in the filled bottles with paper crown caps sealed. We used to have a wire made bottle carrier to carry 6 bottles in it. It is no where now in India. Like to know about other countries too.
I wish they would deliver milk to our homes as well. I have one of those carriers and I also have a metal milk box that is from the company that my grandfather worked for that people would sit on the porch and the milkman would leave the milk in.
@Cargoleta (726)
• Spain
I actually don't drink cow milk (I'm slightly allergic to it, it gives me an upset stomach) but soy milk instead. Still, as far as I know, everyone here gets their milk from the supermarket/grocery store. We don't even have a creamery in our town either... then again, I'm from Spain, and I guess things are different in general here :) Take care!
I am really not sure of how things are in Spain when it comes to food. You would probably enjoy the milk from a dairy if you didn't have the allergy to the milk.
@oldchem1 (8144)
My uncle also used to deliver milk by horse, they owned a farm and he took the milk around! Now I buy mine from a local farm that sells free range eggs and their own milk and cream, they have a large fridge in a lean to shed with an honesty box to put the money in!!
My grandfather worked for a milk commpany. We have free range eggs of our own that I enjoy.