Are you ready for December?

I can't believe how fast 2010 has gone by . . . and now we're at the end of November. How did this happen? I thought I had just finished thinking about last Christmas and now I am having to plan for this next one - in, I guess, 25 more days - which comes down to only a few more weeks. The holiday air in the stores and the lights on houses - it's all too real now. And before you know it, we'll be bringing in the new year. What's in store for your December? Are you all ready for December? Ready or not, it's going to hit ya tomorrow no matter what!
YEA!!! Although I don't celebrate Christmas, but I take December as a month of 'packing up' and recalling of what I had done during the last 11 months. I'm more geared up towards the New Year, especially the first, because that's the day when I can stay up till late. December will always be a month to cheer for because that's the time when we all can close down the year in a grand way and get set for the New Year!!! After this December, it'll be the start of a new decade so...let's work hard!!! Be it in Mylot or in our everyday lives, let's give it the best shot and the best we can!!!
I guess that's the hard thing . . . we do pack it up, but in the mean time we're also trying to finish all the loose ends - and then it's time crunch for the month of December. I do love the New Year, but in recent years it seems like January is the month to try to catch up on all the things I didn't finish up in December - ha ha!! But yes, it will be the start of a new decade (I forgot) . . . give it your best shot and I will too!
@buggles64 (2715)
Today is December first and I just can not believe it is here already. The older I get, the faster the years seem to go by. It's like asking anyone if they are ready to grow old, because no matter what the years are going to fly by and soon you'll be a senior citizen before you realize what "hit" you. I am hoping that this December is going to bring some mystical magic, so I am as prepared for it as I can possibly be.
Tell me about it! Having 2 kids now, I think time is going by triple or quadruple time . . . I shall wrap everyone' gifts with my gray hairs - ha ha!! Yep, it hits you like a speeding car - ha ha!! Oh, some mystical magic would be great - some kind of awesome miracle . . . let's hope it comes!!!
@Suzieqmom (2763)
I am SO not ready. . .I did no shopping at all last weekend, and now I realize I only have 3 weeks until Christmas! I quickly ran out today to buy one present just so I could say I have started my holiday shopping! As for decorations, they're still sitting in the garage. Oh well, at least we have more time than our Jewish friends this year--Hannukkah starts TOMORROW for them, and many of my friends that celebrate Hanukkah haven't started their shopping yet either!
I had all intentions to get some shopping done during the week, but thus far, I haven't made it out to a single store (well, only grocery shopping). I am thinking maybe I should just get food gifts for people from the grocery stores this year - ha ha!! Gosh, I haven't even put the autumn decorations away yet - I don't know when we'll get to the Christmas stuff. Yah, Hannukkah is now . . . I've heard the complaining on Facebook - ha ha. Hope you get all your holiday shopping done - and soon!!!
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Noooooo it's not December already. Is it? Brrrrrrrrrrr........
Heya Dawn! Haven't seen you in a while - but then again I haven't been on here much lately. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!! And yes, BRRRRRRRRRRR down here - chilly winds, brrrrrrrrrrr!!
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
I haven't been around a whole heck of a lot either. And it's brrr up here too. I'll be going to my dad's for Christmas unless the weather is such that I can't get over the Sierra. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving too!
Still chilly today! Where's your dad? We'll most likely hang out here - as always - hubby doesn't get any time off from work anyway. We might get a Big Bear weekend if my sister and her fiance decide to finally get "official". No more leftovers from Tday - but there's plenty of leftover Tday leftover soup - ha ha!!! Happy December!!
Well, even though we are in the midst of December, I really do have to admit that I'm not really ready for it. We are going to be so busy this month that it isn't even funny and it really all starts this weekend. Kathryn's birthday is on Saturday, and I've been depressed thinking about the fact that she is already going to be eight years old. Then the following weekend is my niece's 4th birthday party. We are having a family dinner with my cousin and his wife. Then of course is the big weekend. It really feels like time is going by all too fast.
Wow - is Kathryn going to be 8 already? What a big girl she is now! Seems like you have birthdays, holidays and other family things to do this month - sounds like fun but I'm sure it can be overwhelming too. But hope you can take the time to enjoy it all too! Before you know it, we'll be talking about NEXT Christmas - hee hee!
@dodo19 (29197)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's hard to believe that it is already December. There seems to be a lot of things that I need to get done, this month. It really does seem like 2010 went by so quickly. Perhaps a little too quickly.
I know . . . we now have less than a month to scramble to get things done before the new year . . . are we up for the challenge? This year has seriously gone by with a blink of an eye. Think 2011 will go by even faster??
@Elixiress (3893)
I don't really get ready for months :/ December will hopefully include a lot of hours at work and by the look of the weather outside, a lot of snow. I need to do my Christmas shopping, including buying decorations for my house and putting them up.
The calendar is good for giving everyone a time frame - but that can be a good thing or a bad thing, I guess. I wish we had snow here, but it doesn't snow here. My hubby is hoping for lots of hours too - but at this point he doesn't get time off from work - good thing/bad thing. I have tons of things left to do too . . . hope we can both them them done soon!
I'm as ready as I can be right now. I have all the Christmas decorations up. I was going to go shopping today for Christmas presents for my daughter. While she is in school it would be the perfect time for my son and I to go shopping but the problem is that its suppose to rain 3 inches today and flood in some places. I hate driving in the rain. The wind is howling like crazy. I decided to go shopping another day. I do have to go to the store and the post office and I am dreading it. I'm getting ready right now.
Hey, that's great you have a head start and have the decorations up already! I haven't even brought down the autumn decorations yet (I wish our winds would just blow them away already - ha ha). I have intended to go shopping while my oldest was in school, but my baby son and I haven't made it out yet - too busy doing other things!! Be careful driving in the rain . . . hope you get everything done!
@sender621 (14956)
It's hard to believe that December is here already. Cold weather, snow and Christmas will be here and so will the end of another year. I just don't know where the time goes.
I would love to have some snow here - that's one thing we don't get here. I would love to wake up to a white "Christmas" or even a white December, but that'll never happen at home. Yep, time is flying - wayyyy to fast!!
@cher913 (25895)
i have SO much to do between now and Christmas! i always feel so stressed out this time of year! i make a lot of stuff for Christmas so its always so busy for me.
I know, huh? In the past, I've always been ready as I prepare all year for it, but this year I just couldn't get it together - I was doing a lot for the kids!! I am still waffling about the idea of either making stuff or buying stuff - and there isn't much time left. Hope you get all your Christmas stuff done in time - and hopefully it won't be too stressful!!