Tim Yap's false tweets on Lotto winner

@maean_19 (4662)
I have read the news about Tim Yap naming Miko Morelos as the grand lotto winner on his twitter account. He even quoted PCSO on his tweet naming said Miko Morelos. Only to find out in the end that said Miko Morelos did not even made a bet and that he was just a journalist. After such tweets, Miko Morelos was threatened same is through with his family members. Tim Yap though made an apology and he even called up Morelos for an apology. He said that he did not intend to offend anyone for the tweet. In my opinion, that is something Tim Yap has to take precaution with before making a tweet. He has to consider that disclosure of a lottery winner is too delicate because the life of the winner may be in trouble.
• Portugal
yes thats true bcs there are desperate poor people in pinas that wanted so much that money that if they found out who was the winner would be a big trouble. so that should always be kept as a secret and never told to the world. so that poor journalist if he really was the winner his life would be in danger already i see. we should all always be cautious if we ever win a lot of money even if isnt the biggest prize^^
@maean_19 (4662)
Yes, everyone should be cautious and tact when they have the idea who is the lottery winner. Such matter is confidential for the purpose of the winner's and his/her family's safety and security. That is why, Tim Yap's tactless tweet is very disappointing. Thanks for the comment my friend.
@angelic123 (1112)
I heard it on the news too. I don't like Tim before and much more know after being irresponsible on the tweets that he had made. even if he tweeted the right winner, I think it is still not right. That person will be in grave danger. Maybe bad person will rob him, kidnap, or threaten them just to get money from that winner. The announcement should be upon the winner. Whether he or she likes too announce that she or he won. Sometimes, reporters or media person who wants to get a big scoop do not think the consequences of their words. I agree with Morales, though Tim apologized the damage has been done.
@maean_19 (4662)
Whether he named the true winner or not, it is still not proper for Tim Yap to reveal such kind of information especially when the matter is about winners of a certain lottery. Precisely, the life of the winner will be in danger as well as his family. The false winner stated that his life and his family's life were even threatened to be at risk. Truly an irresponsible act by Tim Yap.
@allamgirl (2145)
This is the first I've heard of it. That's a very irresponsible thing to do, especially coming from a celebrity. Plus, he's also a journalist. He should always think about what he says in public, even if it's meant as a joke. He should always think about the repercussions of his words. I agree with you that that is a very delicate matter, especially with that amount of money.
@maean_19 (4662)
After such tweet. Tim Yap will expect criticisms for what he did. It is really an immature and irresponsible act of him to make a tweet like that. Thanks for the comment my friend.
Hello Meaan_19, That's very very Irresponsible act coming from a Celebrity Icon or even a professional for that MATTER! even if this country is the first world, there's no way a person who even pin pointed as winner of the lottery can be saved from criminals by the way, i know this is kind of way off but just in case you're interested. since i think you are in Metro Manila? not a referral Link. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2450465.aspx
@maean_19 (4662)
HiLetranknight! It was really an irresponsible gesture of Tim Yap to do that. Worse, he mentioned that it was PCSO which confirmed Miko Morelos as the winner. It is common sense whether joking or not, he should not have made that tweet. Oh yes, I have read the link you posted. Thanks!
@luvandpower (2049)
Maybe it's just because I am American, but how can he even be listed as a winner if he didn't bet. Wouldn't there be a listing of those who bought lotto tickets and then that list is supervised by a committee of some sorts.
@maean_19 (4662)
It was a false news my friend. The bad thing is that said tweeter named the PCSO who made a confirmation that Miko Morelos was the lotto winner. PCSO made no confirmation about such winner since it is confidential.
@lady1993 (16213)
that is quite awful..Sometimes, I really hate showbiz people because they just gossip about anything- which really invades privacy and even ruins relationships of other people.. I also think that even if anyone knows who the lotto winner is, he shouldn't make it public..that is really dangerous.
@romzz05 (573)
Tim Yap should just stick to showbiz issues. I never liked him I thought he is too shallow and got too much time in his hands. Now he just proved to everyone that he is also irresponsible.
@TheAdvocate (2395)
I don't know what Tim Yap was thinking (or if he was thinking at all) but he should know better than make those kinds of statements. Assuming that his report is true, he should have the foresight that his tweet will put that person in danger - there is a reason why bettors don't give their names when betting. We know the culture of "balato" in the Philippines, and judging from the number of friend requests in the facebook page created for him, it is very much alive.
hello maean! we know for a fact that criminals had robbed and killed for much lesser amount than the 741 Million pesos lotto jackpot prize. What Yap did is more than a breach of the professional conduct required of any decent person, much more from a celebrity like him. He had not only endangered the lives of that poor journalist whose name he tweeted but the family of that man as well. For what? that Morelos guy had not even placed a bet! It is standard procedure that winners of large sums of lottery or the likes of this are withheld from the public, to protect the person and his family. Mr. Yap's apology would not suffice for what he did. He ought to be casted out, for endangering somebody, and a journalist to boot. I could not help but wonder if Yap had a case against this Morelos guy, for doing what he did. Who knows? this could have the been the worst that ever happened to that guy. Being subjected to publicity for something which endangers his family is not a joke.
It was an irresponsible act of Tim Yap that could put Morelos' and his family's lives in danger. The culture in the Philippines when it comes to this is very obvious. If I so happen to win that jackpot, I am willing to spend even a hundred million to zip their mouth not to reveal my identity in the public. Shame on Tim Yap!