How do you clean your chicken wings before cooking them?

I may not agree with the way you clean your meat and that is fine after all I don't hav eto eat it. I am quite pissed right now and it may come out wrong but,I will be over this soon enough. I bought some darn chicken and you know how wants chicken and dumplings. But,you know who don't want me to cook anything for him. LOL Now he took the chicken out of the pack ran it under water and boiled it. I take my chicken and scrap it to remove all the feathers and goook off the wings. Then I rince them real good and then season them. Now,I looked in the pot filled with nastiness and the feathers were all over the chicken. I can't eat that mess and neither will my daughter. I can't stand it that he waited for me to go buy chicken to make my dinner for him to want to cook what he wanted. Making me feel like the bad guy. I wanted barbeque chicken now you know he is leaving town tonight and this chiken is going in the trash as soon as he steps on the darn train. I am so pissed right now. I hate dirty food. And he won't eat from me he is freaking crazy..
I suppose everyone has their ways when it comes to cleaning and cooking chicken. I myself would not be able to even want to clean the pot if I saw feathers in there. LOL... Don't feel bad it is an adjustment period and well let's just say he may starve if he doesn't start eating your cooking.
I will most likely be needing to clean the meat before he cooks it as well. Thanks
@shia88 (4582)
Hi, I just bought some chicken wings from local supermarket and I plan to cook chicken rice for tonight dinner. It is pretty easy to clean the chicken wings as I bought those from supermarket are pretty clean. Before doing the cooking, I will clean for another one more round. Flush them with tap water and pluck away any feathers. Chicken wings part are the most tender part from chicken ,even my son love to eat chicken wings.
The following website has instructions similar to what a friend told us his mother used to do to fix a chicken properly. I buy free-range meat but my butcher does all the work for me so I've not done this personally. It does sound like your boyfriend started off in the right direction but instead of dipping and plucking right away, he left it in there cooking the bird feathers and all. (If I misunderstood let me know). Hope you get some decent food though tonight. http://www.appropedia.org/Chicken_Cleaning_and_Preparation Namaste-Anora
Wwo that is a lot to read on cleaning a chicken. I just know I will not be hungry tonight.
LOL. For my family, we clean and rinse the chicken throughly, with salt and then pluck out all the feathers. After that, we boil it awhile to boil away any dirt and then keep it to cook the next dish.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I just rinse mine under the tap. Then I blot them dry with a paper towel. My chicken wings usually don't have feathers on them. So it really isn't a problem.
@nangisha (3504)
I can not handle to eating chicken with that tiny feather still attach to it. Its just remain me how not clean is the cook. If he to lazy to clean it maybe they to lazy to clean others ingredient too. If I had to eat it I usually pull all the skin away and eat the meat. There a time I can not avoid thats groose chicken so thats my way to survive. I never eat chicken skin anyway because I feel its not healthy.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I agree with you, except I go one step further and try to take as much skin off as I can. You know gifts, I have been wondering about this guy since you said about him constantly calling you. It doesn't seem to get any better and I am afraid if you commit, that it will get worse. We both have experience in bad relationships and it might be just me, and I can't help but cringe whenever I hear another tale of division.
@hanni711 (243)
We really have different ways on how we wanted our food prepared. Since we girls have different styles when it comes to handling food. For me, I also wanted chicken wings but before I cook it I remove some of the feathers and rub it with salt. Afterthat, I just rinse it with water until the sticky is removed. You don't have to be guilty or allow the situation to ruin your day. You just have to be open to him.
@libramie (562)
I'll not cook the chicken until all the feathers will not get off so as some fats. I'll picked the feathers one by one then washed in a ran water. After cleaning, seasoned then fry. My elders said that 'When we cook, we must love to do and be happy so that the food we cook would be delicious'.