I am so tired of watching BAD news in this COUNTRY!

Probably I am saying this now because i felt sleepy and haven't been watching news for almost three days straight.. when ever i think positive about the future of the Philippines, i end up being disappointed because of the Bad news that I am seeing in our local television. recently, i just watch a Widows comment on how they are going to spend with christmas with out his hubby, a pilot who died in afghanistan. He is in airforce participating in transport while it crashed leaving them burned death. then, CCTV about how the auto shop was robbed and then burned as a distraction. Aren't we filipinos tired of Bad news. i think it's just a bit overrated in my opinion. you know, i had a talked with a former highschool buddy who is now working in Qatar earning 120,000 Pesos in conversation. well, the guys an engineer. when i talked to him about jobs in the Philippines, he immediately said, "there's no hope there" and even commented "yuck" about call center jobswell, can't blame him, it's the hardest but popular jobs now a days. Worse, i felt there's nothing i can do about it. that's probably i feel didn't like watching it anyway. I don't know about you're opinion. but my feeling says it all
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
Sorry to tell you this but its not just happening in the Phillippines, its happening all over the world. I'm now living in Puerto Rico and earlier in the week there was a lady crying on the sidewalk. Then an elderly lady came out of the supermarket to see if she could help her. Well this lady who was crying and a guy pushed this elderly lady into the car and drove away. Took her to a bank and made her take out 5000 dollars out of her account. Then dumped her in another town. Low and behold when the cops see the cameras that are on the streets they find out the couple were an older couple too. Not young punks like most would think. Also, there are servicemen and women dying each day due to the wars. There are many family without their spouses or kids without their dad or mom. Its terrible what has become of this world. I think this is why there is alot of horrible weather that is happening all over the world because GOD is so very upset with us.
Hello Lelin, Although I may have to agree with you that It's happening all over the world and the ones you mentioned were almost similar to what's happening to my country, but a lot worse i think. unfortunately, i don't believe God has anything to do with the Climate,I believe it was man's abusive things about innovation that has something to do with polluting the atmosphere. it was never god.
Hello Letran :-) I go with Lelin and you that it's happening all over the world.. I live in Indonesia and also there are too many bad news in this country. It's about all. Cheats who sit in our government, bad treatment of our workers in foreign country, and the worst is about natural disasters. Well, I think it's also true that people who live in this world are those to blame for global warming and all its effects toward our beloved Earth, but what about natural disasters? it's just unpredictable! and now there are too many natural disaster happen to my country. it make me terribly sad, but we just can't do anything. I think all we need to do is keep praying and keep being optimistic about future and keep being alert. and I think avoiding the news is not wise because it will keep us being nonchalant, isn't it?
@Bushin (141)
Thats why filipino people think negative cause all they see and hear is pure negative.
Hello Bushin, Yeah, most specially when they achieve greener pastures in other country, they would said a lot of negative things about the country as if it wouldn't affect.
i hate watching news cuz its so depressing esp. about philippines. its very negative and im sick n tired of it.
Hello Sweetmary86, Yeah, I started hating it too. in fact, i don't stay long in the television only to watch as i got a bit bored with using the pc or taking a break from it.
@jlamela (4909)
I had not seen TV news or any TV shows these past weeks because I have a class at the graduate school in the evening and when I am free I spent my evenings studying and editing my two books so fortunately I did not see any bad news hitting the country hehe.
Hello Jlamela, I've always been interested in taking Graduate Studies but not only it's too expensive for me but it's hard to recall the things that i've learned at least a bit from the four years. well, it's a good thing you made yourself busy so that you can really not see the news that is worthless depressing
letran its just about how I am feeling right now about my roomie who after being gone to the hospital for a month is back. and how!! and I have not heard one happy word from her. It is now depressing me as she says a thousand times a day I need something for my pain. I am not unsympathetic but hearing this all the time hour after hour and the nursesexplaining that she cannot have pain medicine for x number of hoursl I just realized I was getting depressed. I have really tried to remember my nursing days and be a lot more compassionate. I guess thats why I have not checked on the news the last few days as the reporters never have any uplifting good news but just blood, gore, mayhem, rape etc etc etc. So you are not alone in your country as here in the USA we also have a lot more bad news and depressing news about bad things happening to good people.It would be so great if more reporters told us about good things happening for a change.
Hello Hatley, Well, at least she's in the hospital being taken care of. some people here might have similar pain but doesn't last longer and die because they simple don't have the money.i don't think reporters really has a thing for compassion. although it raises awareness but it's just too many bad news and we can't keep up with these things.
I read and view a great deal of news as I find for me it is important to know what is going on around me and all over the world. Most times it irritates me so has the news really depresses me. I try as much as I can to simply view and not have an opinion, but I feel helpless as well as there really is nothing anyone can do if not as a whole.
Hello Hardworkinggurl, When there's nothing we can do - that's when it starts becoming frustrating. no wonder i don't watch the news any more. it sucks you know there's a bad news, the only option you have is to prevent from it from happening to yourself but of course we can't just do damn thing about it.
@dodo19 (33608)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I live in Canada, and I am really getting tired of watching the bad news that are taking place. That's probably why I don't watch the news a lot. I prefer reading newspapers. at least, then I have the choice of reading the news that I want to read about.
Hello Dodo, Well,sometimes reading the news paper is one of the best thing. but today,i read the title of one article and it really pissed me off for some reasonprobably I am acting sensitive now. i hope people would do something to make this country prooud and not make it worse
• Portugal
im sure that there is hope to pinas ^^ you filipinos just cant give up and need to keep working to have a better future^^ i really admire and love pinoy people and my dream is to live there even im not a filipina^^ i can say that i will work hard and earn enough money and if i become rich someday be sure that i will help many pinoy people really^^ i know you guys need help and i wish that the richest countries in the world could see that^^
Hello SWEETlove, I am really surprised that there are foreigners than just Americans who want to Live and settle in the Philippines. I think you will make it in the Showbiz area, you got some looks and that angelic voice of yours well, thank you for you're kindness. i think you have help one Filipino already, that he is greatful
That is why you need to distant yourself on watching televisions.All around the globe there are bad news happening and accept the fact that this generation is getting to be more evil and merciless. We cannot just live a day by ranting and complaining. We should do what we can in order to live life to the fullest. Some people would not mind working abroad because they believe that it is the only way they can cope up with everyday life to support their families. But to some, working in their own country is good because at least they are with the families even if the pay is not high enough. What is important is you are happy with what you are doing.
Hello strawberry, That's true, ranting and complaining doesn't really help. unfortunately, even for me and some people around these country compains most of the timeI do my best being a good filipino to my family but i guess am still in the development process.well, i hope what makes me happy could help other people too
Hello LetranKnight, I cant remember anymore when was i decided not to watch news on TV even in printed materials , well for reading not watching. (hehe). because of the same reason as yours. A bad news is always a bad news however the media did their best to make it sensational for some valid purpose of their own. For me watching and or listening to bad news can cause stress and somehow it has effect on our subconscious mind. It can change our mood and can influence our behavior unnoticeable. I believe in such line that goes what our mind conceive and focus upon our body can achieve. Just imagine the number of people watching bad news it means many mind focus on it at the same time. Human mind is so powerful to intensity such negative energy. For me this may incur suggestion to happen the same event. Lastly, limiting the horizon of bad news can somehow in someways we can limit its scope from happening again.
Hello Sardonyxx, But of course, it depends on the viewer or reader whether they want to take the step of avoiding it or do better.unfortunately, am one of those who had it with bad news. sometimes i just blame these people for not watching the news and instead repeat the same mistakes. (wait, i don't watch the news?)
@kmaram (2535)
Hi there, Almost everyday i am watching news and sad to say your right. But like the other comments here I think its not just happening in our country but in the entire world. So maybe we should take extra careful wherever we are, we can never tell when accidents will occur. Anyway Christmas is coming and I hope to see and read good things. Let just hope that this coming holiday we will be bless all.
Hello Kmaram, Well, At least some of those countries are still being visited. as for us, we used to be great but we are slowly deteriorating..hope this coming holiday, there won't be much of a bad news except those who wanted to abuse shoppers/.
@Andyvil (793)
Although our country is poor and salary here is small I still believe that our country has a future if our generation will strive to make things better. Its guys like your friend who don't deserve to be recognize. I actually don't think that OFWs are the heroes in our country. I believe that all who strive to improve our country and not too self centered are the heroes. It doesn't matter how much you earn out there. What matters is your contribution to our country. All hope is not yet lost. If you want to change our country start changing our country with the people around us and our own self. You can start with your friend who bad mouths his own country.
Hello Andyvil, No, he isn't my friend, just an old school buddy i believe, but he's friendly. oh, that wasn't the worst one, My relatives says a lot of bad things when ever they hear bad news in the Philippines. and whines about Philippines should have been a US Statewould you believe that! if that happened then Philippines would have been first target of terrorism
@louievill (19674)
Not just bad news, even rumbles by toughie youth gangs in the depressed communities and "away mag-asawa" or quarrel inside marriage are featured as head line news!. 20 years of the dictatorship fed us nothing but government propaganda, and all this junk since 1986 when we gained press freedom, now who's not tired, tell me?, I think a cartoon like Sponge Bob square pants appeals more to the intellect
Hello Louie, I think NO one was dumb enough not to thought about Sacrificing his life to Assassinating Ferdinand Marcos, If he was killed, probably the dictatorship would have been pummeled down, i don't know. well, i felt it was a lot worse now compare to you're time. maybe there were people killed in the protest or abuses here and there. but i've heard stories that it was a lot more quiet at that time.
@Paper_Doll (2375)
When I started living alone, I stopped watching TV and reading the broadsheet. Why? Because bad news follows me even when I sleep. One time, I have watched this really bad incident and dreamed that I was on her situation. I went like the whole week that I do not even want to sleep at all.
@aerous (13474)
You right, friend. You can't blame your friend. But he should not acting like that because whatever he say. He still a Filipino, and affected in whatever happen in the country... I believe that there is time for us to be develop and make this country a great country just like before. Where most Asian, want to live here because of it's good economic condition... Those politician should be blame for the situation here in our country. They don't do something to make this country being one of the developing country in Asia. But they push back those investor to go anywhere in Asia. Like Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, China and many others which is now ahead of economic growth than our country... kickback and corruption is one of the biggest problem here which businessmen not afford to take it...