New Years Resolutions...Do you make them?

@missybear (11396)
I haven't made a New Years Resolution in about 15 years and even then I never kept them. . When I quit smoking I did it in April, when I went on a diet I started in December. I know lots of people always make New Years Resolutions but only a handful actually succeed. Do you have a Resolution for next year and if so what is it?
@maean_19 (4662)
It has been a long time that I have not made any New Year's resolution because I cannot keep them. It is more proper when I do not make them. I used to be making New Year's resolution, however, my mind does not keep it and it is wasted.
@missybear (11396)
I don't think I ever kept one myself that's why I don't make them anymore. I can pick any day of the year to make resolutions and that's probably easier than making them for New Years
@maean_19 (4662)
You are right. Better make them when you are ready and determined to keep them. That is more voluntary act than forcing yourself to make them when you cannot keep them.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
SHHhhhhhhh!..I don't even wanna think of those right now but I know I need to get that list started soon because once things get busy I won't have time and then after wards I know I won't feel like doing it and be to discouraged to do it...But as always number one will always be 1.) Lose Weight. Yeah I try to keep them and even do alot of them, but I seem to always gain the weight back after losing it...I still sear there is a tracking device on me somewhere because I can't see to get away from it...
@missybear (11396)
It took me 8 month to loose my 30 + pounds and I've been keeping them of for over a year now, it's a tough battle though cause I love to eat junk. Don't get discouraged and keep trying
@JenInTN (27565)
I supppose I just think of things that I would like do to better myself or my year. Not really resolutions...I never keep those..lol...but just ideas about my new year and what I would like from it.
@missybear (11396)
I set some goals that I like to accomplish but no resolutions
@cyrri_ako (461)
i have a savings account that automatically deducts a particular amount from my payroll..i promised last year that i wont get money so that i would be able to save..but i didnt happen..everytime im broke , i get the money from this savings... this time...i would really keep my promise........
@missybear (11396)
you promise?
@Jennlk84 (4219)
I use to always make new years resolutions. The past couple of years though I have learned and found that they're not really necessary. It's ok to start these types of things any time of the year and you may even be more successful that way! Sometimes I think people get caught up in the pressure of making New Years resolutions. They make them because they feel like they have to and then fail at doing whatever it is they wanted to do. This is why I have vowed to do these types of things all year round. :-)
@missybear (11396)
I found that it's easier too. After the first of the year people at my work are not allowed to smoke at work anymore and people are freaking out cause they made to do something they not ready to do on their own.