Degradation of moral values.

Moral values are losing importance in social life day by day. Is it desirable ? Is it not polluting the society we live in ?
hi doctordidi what I as an elderly person see is a spoiled rotter bunchof teens whose p arents have given them everything there liddle]eart want but family values, morals and principals.everything now days is centered on making money no time to tell your kids not to do that or this, in fact a lot of wealthier peopple rely on the maid or housekeeper to do child care. some of them maybe the best teachers a child could have as these people work for a living but others are there are the money and the children do not get the care and advice that the parents should have been giving them but are too busy with their jobs. so they give kid s every thing they ask for but the one things most kids crave, love and attention., to have good moral values the kids must get them from selfish workaholic parents who do not have the foggiest notion of good moral balues either. hg g
forgot editing their instead of there heart instead of leart wants instead of want are should be for
I can complete see what you are saying and I agree that it is something that is happening in our society today. I don't think that this is a good thing at all. I think that the worst thing that I see on a day to day basis is the fact that there are a lot of children that don't respect their parents. I grew up in a house where I was expected to always respect my parents and now because of forces outside of my home, I notice that my daughter doesn't respect me the way that I feel she ought to.
@Sanitary (3969)
We do have moral values inside of us. It's still as important like before only that some people are misusing it and they don't bother. There's only a minority of such people in this world. Take a look at your friends around u, how many of them hold moral value dearly to their hearts while how many of them doesn't care? The answer is right there for u to find out.
@luvandpower (2049)
Moral values were set by our forefathers as guidelines on how we should act. They were taught by their fathers and mothers and so forth. I owuld have to say that everything a person does is reflected upon their life, what has happened in their life, and how they were raised and taught to believe in values.
People have become very selfish, self involved and materialistic. When I was young I was taught the value of a dollar and ethics, values, respect for others, etc. These all seem to be a thing of the past. Society we live in today is out for money and seems to believe the ones with the most toys at the end of it all wins. Sad.
@reckon21 (3487)
Deterioration of moral values in our society today is prevalent especially in the young adults. They no longer have the high moral values that most older generations have in the past. It's sad to think that our people nowadays are more preoccupied with many problems and moral values is already taken aside like a forgotten thing. But if people will start to change and cultivate high morality values in their lives maybe things will come out much better. We must do something about it so that our future generations will follow the right path in life not the other way around.
@magtibaygom (4865)
Yes, there is a truth in that. I can see in TV, the moral values of communities are degrading down the sink. Luckily, among all the communities online and offline, there is one community that's maintaining the high level of values of members. And it's Mylot!
@aeiou78 (3457)
When we talk about the moral values, what I have in my mind is about the education to our children at home. Everything to me should be started at home. The parents or the guardians should educate their children about the discipline and moral. With good discipline then they will have the good moral. Later, our children can live independently without being influenced easily. Our next generation is our future. We most allocate sufficient time to accompany our children, to ensure a good communication and understanding in between each other.
@yugasini (12813)
• Anantapur, India
hi didi, that is common in the society now a days,no body is caring for moral values,most of the persons are selfish,they will do what ever for their sake,the morality is decreasing in the society,every body running behind he money and luxuries,no body saves our society,only god must save our society,have a nice day
It depends on the morals you are talking about. Give me an example what moral is being degraded and then I can understand.