Fabulous Friday

So now that I've got my new cell & things I thought would be fine again. Well on the way to work DH slid sideways in his car and punctured his tire. He did not discover this til he was trying to drive home. So he tried to change the flat on his own. He could not loosen up the lug nuts on the tire to put the spare on. So I ended up calling a tow truck to help him change the flat. Well the tow truck couldn't change the flat as the spare takes a different set of lug nuts and guess what THEY WERE MISSING! We've had this car since spring & bought it used. So we ended up getting it towed home, thankfully the driver cut us a break since we are right by the tow company getting him home. However, now how do we get the car to get new tires w/o a tow truck? Well the lug nuts are only $4-6 online each wich would be cheaper than a tow the 3 mi to the shop. So now we are stuck trying to figure out 1 how the frig to pay for this 2 pray they lug nuts are easily found & not special ordered. As hubby won't like having to drive me to work & I really won't be thrilled as he's up before the chickens and I'd have to get all the kids up to go with as well 3 Hubby is hoping to get the cost of the tow reimbursed because they did not have the proper emergency equipment in the vehicle as it should of. So cross your fingers for us that things go smoothly getting things paid for & sorted. So I better get crack'n and start posting and earn my pennies do you think I can earn enough for a new pair of tires?!?!
@dragon54u (31636)
What a stressful time for you! I wish you luck. Can't you call a local tire company and locate the lug nuts? Someone has to have them, surely! Cars are such a pain sometimes--they're great when we need them but when something goes wrong it can often be a financial disaster!
They don't sell them. We had to order them from the dealer thankfully $18 for the set and they'll be in tomorrow. But hubby took the flat off & is having them mount and balance that one as I type so then we'll drive the car over and get the new tires on. The current ones don't look so good. I hear ya about financial disaster I feel the same way about my house as well. As the furnace didn't want to kick in this morning you can imagine what was running thru my head about it!
@dragon54u (31636)
Oh no!! I hope the furnace is a cheap fix. When it rains, it pours! Sadly, by now people have run through most of their savings that they put away for emergencies like this.
hi Snuggles when it rains for you it pours but two catastrophes are over so one more and you will be okay for months, just joking but when I worked in the hospital it was always coming in three, three car wrecn injuries three pregnancies coming in labor or three operations in the evening so once the third one was over and cared for the rest of the shift went smoothly.I do hope that things wiell go smoothly, all things paid for and smoothed out. that tow truck was at fault too if they did not carry lug nuts for more than one sort oftire hugs for all of you and Good Luck too.
Yeah it's the kind of rain that just seems to keep on pouring!!!! We almost had an issue w/ our furnace this morning... thankfully hubby was able to get it going. I was about in tears... just tooooo much w/ not enough money for all this BS! Hopefully the tires will be getting replaced today! Thank Goodness for credit cards, not that I wanted to use one to make another bill I can't afford.
Oh no not the furnace too.. Ugh so sorry to hear of all the issues.. especially having to use the credit cards, I surely hope the new year brings you many blessings, so that 2010 can be simply a distant memory.
Shikes.. when it pours it certainly rains, huh? When we make the hard effort in one area and think to our selves, okay this too shall pass and I will be able to earn again, right?? Then the tires.. sorry to hear this as I know it is very expensive. I dragged mine out until I no longer could as my Jeep requires specialty ordered tires at over Two hundred bucks a piece. I wish you a happy myLotting to try and earn the amount, wish I could help but I simply can't.. Outside of contribute to your discussions for an additional cent. LOL
Yeah... I'm hoping those nuts won't be something we have to order as that's going to SUCK w/o a car while he's at work unless I get myself and everyone else going by 5! Well Woman get commenting on my discussions & my comments on others discussions! *LOL*
Absolutely my dear and here to help.. LOL, I know how difficult things are for so many of us. So hopefully you can figure out the whole mess as with your young kiddies I would hope you can get from place to place... I will will by(+) your discussions, so that can also help with earnings.. So I will be barging in to other comments so that you have to come back and respond so the cents can add up. LOL...
Depends on where you are earning. I have emergency road service on my insurance. It costs about $5 per year, and it reimburses tows and jump starts and they say if I had to be dug out of snow if I needed it.
Say that's a nice feature to have. I should call my insurance guy and see if they offer that. And for $5 sure beats the cost of getting help out there otherwise...
@ElicBxn (60895)
And, I'm sure, somehow, this is your fault too...
Nope this one is a cross between mother nature aka first real snowfall of the year, a tire that I thought had a problem but I was told it wasn't, and a car dealer who didn't care/realize (as we didn't) that the car has a seperate set of nuts for the spare. I'm no where involved in this other than the "I told you there was something going on with that tire...." before this happened.
That's certainly a pain. I think if all mylotters chipped in their earnings for the past year, we still wouldn't be able to buy you a pair of new tires. lol
I think if EVERYONE active did it would be possible and then some. Though I don't know how many "active" users are in this community. Oh well better get pluck'n my pennies do add up maybe I'll get payout in a months time instead of 2-3 ;0) wich will then turn into lunch money for the kids.
@carolscash (9500)
I understand where you are coming from. That is the way it has been this year for us. I find that as much as I would like to get bills paid and keep things paid ahead, it can't happen. Here it is Christmas time and I find that we need a washer as ours has gone out and we need a kitchen faucet as ours is leaking. UGH!! I think that sometimes it would be better to stay in bed on certain days. Oh well, at least we are healthy and have a warm place to sleep right? Good luck with your earnings here and I hope that you can find some other ways of making some quick money.
Yeah when it rains it pours. Though sometimes you can let things go and put other things first however, the car situation needs to get taken care of ASAP. I went thru the washer dying the other year myself & that was horrid. I could wash by hand or take 3 kids to a laundry mat for an hour or two + haul everything there myself to get it done. I wish there was a way to earn quick money that was legit. Hubby was supposed to work o/t on Sunday & they did not have him in that would of helped us out a bit. **crossing my fingers** for Tuesday for o/t! I'm tired of being broke & then some with a heat bill now.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
That's what happens when you think things are looking up sometimes. I seriously doubt you could make that much online in such a short amount of time, but of course you know that!
that doesn't sound right.a spare takes a different set of lugs than what's on there? i would call around the junkyards tho before i paid 4-6 each.
Well, as far as getting the new tires, do you have a couple of jacks that you can hold the car up on when you go to the shop and have the new tires mounted onto the rims? That is what my husband would do if he was the one that needed to get some new tires and it wasn't possible to drive the car. It really stinks that when it rains it pours when it comes to expenses that we really aren't expecting. I hope that everything works out for you.
You can do it provided you have the time to put in making posts. I had a great few days making money but I had to make at least 50 post a day. I did it and responded back to people. You may have been on one of those days when I was getting busy. I take it easy these days. The typing can get too you fast.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I am so sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I do hope that yo0u can get it all sorted out. I got my bonus which should go to the tax man but my AC went in the car and I live on a tropical island! Then the right light keeps going out if I dim my lights so I an driving on bright lights. My window if lowered do not go up and I have a back tyre with a slow leak~! Well, I got the AC fixed so the tax man will have to accept less money.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I can definitely relate to the tire incident. We had a similiar problem several months ago, while we were taking a day drive. Nothing like having the tire BLOW OUT on us and finding that our baby spare was rotted! It was awful. On top of that it was Sunday, when most tire places were closed...not good! We finally found a Wal-Mart after driving miles on a baby spare tire that was literally falling apart as we were driving!