What are your views about women wearing make up?

Do you think make up is necessary? Do you want your potential girlfriend, wife to wear make up? Or do you wear make up? Why do you wear make up? When I was younger, I thought wearing make up was "cool" and it makes you look pretty but then when I reached my teen years, I noticed I don't need make up because make up makes me look like I'm someone I'm not. I don't feel the need to wear and splurge money on make up when my face is fine the way it is. I do wear make up occasionally for special occasions but not always. What are your views about make up?
@Xansus (950)
• Bulgaria
Well i'm not for it ;) I think its waste of time . I think women are far more pretty without it . Well i don't want my potential girlfriend to wear it because of couple of reasons :P First i don't want to take out out of the box :P (first we look for the outside but well eventually you see that the face behind the make up can be worst :P ) I don't want to wake up some morning and say who are you ... :D The only thing i like is the lipstick or something , cuz its tasty :P i don't need it too look pretty :D And some people with makeup don't even look like human :P I forgot what i was going to say more ... :D Well i prefer to pass on it ;)
Lol thanks for sharing. Not many guys don't like make up most guys I know want their girlfriend to have make up but think about the times you would see her without make up.. Waking up in the morning? Lol. Lipstick I don't like the taste of it.. It tastes nasty do you mean lipgloss or lipstick? :P
@Elixiress (3893)
I do not think it is necessary, I think everyone has a choice of whether or not to wear it and I choose to wear it daily. I wear it because I have a really uneven skin tone, and my face is paler than the rest of my body, make up evens out my skin tone and makes it the same colour as the rest of my body. I enjoy applying make up, I get quite creative with eyeshadows. I suppose my creative flair comes out on my face rather than on a paper canvas.
Thanks for sharing. I don't think it's necessary but it does look nice on people :) just not if they're going crazy & it looks cakey & ugly.
• Vietnam
I think make up is necessary in some cases or in a special day, or when you're on the stage. And, when you hang out with your boy friend, I think It's unnecessary. I don't like my girlfriend to make up, I love the natural beauty.
Thanks for sharing. I agree, you need make up for special occasions, weddings, birthday parties maybe, special events but not daily.
@mhypie03 (684)
I'm really not that good on wearing a perfect make-up like other people. So occasionally, I only have a round blush-on, eye liner and lipstick. I wanted to have sa korean skin texture wherein it looks beautifully shiny while wearing their powder/concealer. Then my pimples all appeared. for a year, I looked horrible because of the night shift and too much stress. The concealer can no longer conceal anything. It worsens how I look. So I stopped using it. Few weeks ago, I tried a set of beauty regimen to help me on my skin dilemma. Surprisingly, there's a 180 degrees change. The blemishes are 95% gone in a few weeks time. Pimples have enormously decreased. Bottomline, I'd rather have a natural perfect skin with no make up on than have all the facial impurities and hide it on my make-up. It's a disaster. =(
Thanks for sharing. I have blemishes it too but hey, that makes you different from other people. I hope my face clears out too and I prefer to go natural then to wear make up cause make up worsens it.
Sometimes, it will be better if you don't wear makeup. Not wearing the makeup makes you look more natural, instead of having others saying that you are using the makeup to cover up your face or whatsoever. I won't need my future girlfriend/wife to wear makeup because I know for sure, she'll be the prettiest girl in my life and that explains it.
I agree and not many guys are like that. My boyfriend prefers natural too but I know other guys who care about looks & make up in a girl and they're considered shallow people.
I don't wear face makeup really just because it's not too good for the skin and it just feels weird. Girls tend to overdo it with the face makeup. I'm sure guys don't like going in to rub your face and getting makeup on their hands. I do wear eye makeup, though. I just use it because it makes me feel more confident and ready for the day. Like getting dressed. It's also good for accentuating your already good features. But, I agree. A lot of makeup isn't attractive.
I agree, make up isn't good for thee skin & it does feel a bit strange. Minimal make up makes you look classy, sophisticated & not over doing it. I had a friend who wore a full make up... powder, eyeliner, eyebrows, lipgloss/stick, eyeshadow the whole nine yards & everytime she kisses her boyfriend since hes darker and shes lighter skinned she always leaves her powder all over his face. LOL and he'd have to rub it off everyday they kiss or make out, lol.
• Mexico
Well make-up style can actually enphasize who you are,by marking your taste, for example darker shades,or lighter ones,bring out your eyes,if you like them a lot,I don't really wear make up,but when I do it makes me stand out more,still being me,just in a more direct way.
Thanks for sharing and that is true! But some people wear it as if it isn't themselves with too much make up but if it's conservative then it'll look fine :)
Hello there! I think for some women, makeup is part of who they are, I do not mind women wear makeup as long as it will make them good about themselves. On my end, I just wear simple makeup like eyeliner and lipstick, that would be enough for me to look the part as a profession in my office before. Cheers!
Minimal make up is good but over the top eh or if it looks cakey, ehh. Thanks for sharing :)
@ElicBxn (60884)
too much work, and not a nice feeling on the face, and I'm allergic to a lot of them
Thanks for sharing and I agree - too much work and it makes the face more oily.
@back2guw (132)
i hate to see girls doing make up..though they look nice on tv not outdoors...light make up can be done but not with a blood colored lipstick and those blue green colors above eye lids..it really scares me..be simple and natural with light make up such as lip gloss and eyeliners..they are fine.
Lol.. yeah simple and natural is better than lots of make up. I agree!!
@sender621 (14956)
Women are the ones who think wearing makeup is necesary. some women do not have any confidence in their natural beauty. they need to enhance their look with makeup to make the confidence come alive in them.
Definitely true!! I agree with that statement there are many who think wearing make up makes them more confident but I think differently, minimal make up makes you more confident with yourself! Thanks for sharing!
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Hello friend, i'm wearing make up when i feel in mood to be pretty. But i strongly believe that the nature gives us what is needed and it's enough. I don't need make up to feel good, it's reverse effect for me - when i feel good and pretty, i put make up. Only eyes spiral and lipstick, not more. I got a friend, who can't go out with make up. She is a pretty girl. But always when she doesn't have make up on her face, she excuse herself about that with talking "Sorry, i didn't have enough time to put some make up" For me, that's more than strange, it's an old habit of her, but i'm not seeing her, to watch her making up I'm more trying to make my skin good. I'm not too serious with the masks and lotions, but i got an apple mask and i make it sometimes. That's more important for me. When i was a girl, i was watching many girls with a lot of make up. Young girls, painted like monkeys and it was not pretty, it was funny.
Thanks for sharing.. I have friends like that too they can't go without make up so when they don't have any it's either a shock or they're like totally freaked out. Anyhow I believe it's nice to wear make up once In a while to make yourself look pretty just not a daily thing.. But it's fine if people do just the skin isn't good for all those chemicals!
Make-up has been around since the ancient Egyptian times. It is used to beautify and accentuate your facial assets and enhance your beauty and in other cases,it can beautify people who are not blessed with beauty. Make up can also conceal your imperfections. I personally viewed women who wear make up a bit different because I don't wear make up. but if they want to beautify themselves we have no right to judge them. I can't say that lip balm is a make-up but that is the only thing I used to wear. I can't wear any make-up even though I'd like too b/c my face is a bit sensitive to chemicals used in make up.
Thanks for sharing and I do agree. Make up has been around for a long time and it's supposed to enhance our beauty. However too much doesn't look nice if the person can't apply it correctly. I don't wear anything except chapstick once a whole I'd wear make up but I do have sensitive skin as well sadly..
@wizteen (505)
Natural is attractive. you may attract men to you by putting on make up, but you gotta wash your face somedays you know! let the men like you for who you are and the way you naturally look. light make up is ok,but heavy make up is a nono.
@DoctorDidi (7030)
Nothing significant because wearing of make up by women is the order of the day and I think it was prevalent from the very being of human civilization. So, there is nothing new in it.
A lot of people says that using make up is to highlight or emphasize the basic features of the face. I think make up can be a great help especially for the students who has some blemishes or even some eye bags and also to those who work in the offices late. Make up can be a great help in maintaining the "neat" look everyone wanted but don't relay too much in make up for it can even transform you to a different person whom you didn't really like, for example having a cakey face, it is really not good to look at.
@lumenmom (1996)
I use to wear it years ago but I do not bother with it anymore. I do think it does enhance some women's appearance which probably raises their self confidence so in that case it may be necessary for them.
I think it is fine for a woman to have a light makeup. It makes her look prettier. And I don't really appreciate the heavy makeup in usual, unless you are going to an important event. I still think that natural look is the best. The light makecup can cover some shortcomings and that's alright. I love China
Can i just comment as a girl who loves make-up?.. Anyway, on my opinion, wearing make-up is just by giving us girls a chance to make people really amaze them them with (ahem!) our hilarious beauty.. haha.. No, kidding, I just want to say that if people wants to wear make-up, even at sleep, just by letting them feel that they are beautiful, why not. Why not let them. Why not let them feel the feeling that they wanted to feel. right?
• Portugal
me too i just use make up sometimes^^ is not a must thing for me to wear^^ sure i guess that is cute that we girls wear make up sometimes but is also good to look simple^^ i like to look simple and sometimes just put a bit of make up just if i feel like that^^ if not i dont even put any also i dont like to put a lot of make up i just put a bit of make up in my eyes and lipgloss in lips only sometimes^^ make up isnt that important in my life but sure on dates or something is ok if we girls wear to feel good with the way we look^^ but if we feel happy without make up also can do that as long as we feel like ourselves and feel pretty^^