Woould you be mad at the person who never paid you?

I recieved an email from someone saying she wantes to buy the bag in the picture. She was so very excited to get the bag and had never seen anything like this. Well we talked back and forth and she even mentioned how she trusted someone to pay her and they never did. Making her not trust anyone. I told her how I mailed out $80 worth of bags to a lady to see for a birthday party adn she never answered anymore emails. I was super made because those bags were one of a kind and I could have made good money. Well I recieve payments by mail all the time concealed cash at that. I always ship out the items and often before I get the cash just so I don't have to truck it back to the post office. The walk is not fun. WEll she said she sent the money to me and I said thanks. I had a few orders to mail out and said why not ship hers. Well I get a letter in the mail from her stating how she loved the bag. How she could not send the money because her boyfriends check was low. And how she would send it next week. Well next week passed twice. LOL I just sent her a Christmas card. I want to see if she will respond. She did not break my trust. I will go to the library and type her a nice letter and mail it to her. She will not feel good after that.
that doesn't sound so good.. there could be a possibility that she lied to you so she can get the bag for free. if she doesn't respond to your Christmas letter perhaps she didn't want to pay for it. well i just hope things will get well in your end.. I feel for you.. it's not easy to get fooled by someone we don't know. We'll see what will happen soon.. Take care, God bless.. and Happy Holidays!
I don't care if she does not respond. If she does I plan to send her a letter. if she does not I still won't be mad at her. Life goes on..
That's the spirit! ^_^ She's not the only customer you have anyway... It seems like you just sent out a Christmas present to somebody in advance.. Don't worry.. You'll have more customers to come in the near future.. Keep up the good work.. I hope and pray that God will bless you twice the effort that you did to make that customer happy.
Thanks for this. I can't wait to let you all know what happened.
@TommieJ (10)
LOL...I have an evil mind ... I would get lot's of people to get her a Christmas card then you can send them all to her and they can all Thank her for her honesty in the matter. Be sure to add that you hope she enjoy's her bag and spending your money on her gift's. You really enjoy just donating the items you are selling.
I have given a lot of them to people. I have no problem with that when I don't really need the money. Right now I need every dime I can get.
I wouldn't be mad because that won't get you the money you are owed. I would send them a letter though, people need to know that they have done something wrong but I wouldn't lump her into a category that everybody is going to stiff you. And I wouldn't ever send somebody something unless they paid first. This isn't like a restaurant where you eat and then pay, its a business where if you want something you have to pay for it first.
I agree with you here. I plan to send her a letter if the money is not here this month. I will also ask her to mail me back the bag even though I know she will not.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Wow, I try to never send anything out till I relieve the money since most times I don't have the money to post it out unless they pay me. But I am alway miscalculating the postage and end up paying out alot more then they pay..a few times it ended up costing me what they paid for the product and shipping both and more sometimes..I bought a scale now so that will help some.. because I can weigh it now and then either go to the website or call them to get an estimate..But you are one trusting lady..especially when there is alot of people out there that live to take advantage of others who are trusting.
What kind of scale did you buy? I would like to get one too.
@ANIME123 (2473)
Wow I would actually be mad, but I love shopping on ebay and I can't believe she did something like that it's so mean and sneaky. For me I am a top rated buyer because when I buy stuff I pay it right away so that they could get their money and I could get my stuff. Being a trusting person is always good, but not everybody is like that everybody is different. So just remember to receive payment first before shipping out anything. I hope that she does end up paying you though.
I hope she at least write back.
@dismalgrin (2470)
I used to sell Avon and this one girl was from a very well off family and only had a job to pay for fun stuff. She ran up 300 dollars worth of stuff and never paid for it. I never gave her the stuff but I couldn't mail it back because Avon said they wouldn't take it. So, I was stuck paying for all her stuff and I ended up stopping my sales all together. It made me so mad because I was a poor single mom and she took advantage of me.
That was horrible for you to go through. I see people are horrible as well.
@Shellyann36 (10790)
Sorry she ditched you like that. I am glad that you will not be sending anything else out without a payment first though. People are so untrustworthy these days. Hopefully it will not happen ever again.
I will not be so nice next time.
@tck_01 (97)
It happened to me a couple of times when I used to work as a freelance translator. It's very annoying indeed, especially that one time the person owed me hundreds of dollars. Not getting paid happens all the time to freelancers, that's why I think it's safer to divide being paid into small chunks. What I did when I was a freelance translator was I would ask them to pay me for every 10 pages or so. I never accepted a document that was over 10 pages without receiving some down payment or payment guarantee.
That is good for you. I will never send out my stuff like that again.
Unfortunately it takes one bad apple to ruin the entire pie. Yes I would be very upset and would be letting her know as well. See if she immediately after getting the bags said to you I am sorry, blah, blah then you would be more understanding. In stead she wait after you inquire to let you know that she could not pay. So yes send her the letter and let her know that because of people like her no one does this type of kindness any longer.
Your right because I will not send out anymore bags like this.
@carolscash (9500)
You are very forgiving and we all could learn a lesson from you. I would like to trust people more,but I do not. I feel that there are many people out there waiting to scam someone. I do like your Christmas card idea.
Oh thank you very much. I thought I would atleast see if she would respond.
@lumenmom (1996)
It's a shame when people take advantage of your kindness like that. They then make it bad for others who would not abuse your trust. It is good that you are refusing to hold anger against her because that would only be hurtful for you. Your business will be blessed many times over as you forgive this lady's indiscretion.
Yes I am finding this to not bother me. I wanted to see if I could trust her and now I see. I owe a lady on ebay and I plan to pay her every dime of the money.
@NoWayRo (1062)
Hm, maybe she will pay you, if she acknowledged the receipt. In my experience, most people who have no intention of paying just vanish once they have the goods, and you never hear back from them. The bag is beautiful, by the way It happens a lot at the company where I work - many of our clients are very small companies, or sometimes just regular people. We're a service provider, so we charge after we supply the services, and we allow 120 days for payment... you have no idea how many people just disappear from the face of the earth in 120 days, it's like somebody's eating them all up
That sounds horrible to go through. That money adds up and it adds up quick.
Oh you are just to sweet. Your to trusting and although that is a really nice way to be in this world we cant be so trusting as you have seen with so many people taking advantage of you. I NEVER send a package until I have received payment. On ebay you can only accept paypal and it makes it a lot easier because you dont have to wait for that money to come in the mail or to cash money orders or worrying about checks bouncing. My sister used to accept checks until she had sent someones package out after cashing their check only to find out a few days later that it bounced. I've never accept checks. I used to accept money orders and well concealed cash but ebay doesnt allow that now. Only paypal. I really hope this lady doesnt rip you off. You deserve the money for those great bags. They must take a lot of time to make them and money if you are buying the pouches and other materials to make them.
Yes i am buying the juice to make them. She will be dealt with in another way. I am not mad about it because it is just another thing to stress me out.
@primeaque86 (8112)
Yes I will be, but worst when the person would just forget it without telling me of the reason, there maybe a trustworthy person who are willing to buy but really out of budget of the moment, but there are also people who would just forget there obligation even they have the money to pay! I maybe not mad if they would always remind me about it and just they can pay for the moment because they are on financial crisis, well, I can, I guess, can sense who are trustworthy and who are not using my instinct and that is because of my experiences in the past regarding this matter. happy lotting!
@Nadinest1 (2040)
In today's world, I think you should get paid first before you ship out your bags. There are too many cheats and frauds out there. You work too hard at your bags not to get paid from them. Just tell them you have been burned before and that you can't let it happen again...no offence. Hope things work out for you.
I will never make this mistake again. I have learned my lesson.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I bet you have.
@whyaskq (7532)
Of course, I would be. I would be made with myself for trusting the person unreservedly. From the conversation, I would have be a bit more careful about trusting the person since she mentioned she will not trust anyone and also the more I think she is testing you after you told her you have been not been paid for the $80 worth of bags. Anyway I hope she repents and mail you the $.
I know she will feel something after getting my letter.
@singup (666)
i think in bussiness we have agrementst beside trust also to give trust without something protect your right is wrong yes we should trust each other but the rules made to protect honest people from those not worth our trust
@aeiou78 (3457)
In my belief, trust is the utmost consideration in doing the business. No matter how, we still need a proper system to deal with the sellers or the buyers to minimize the risk from being cheated. For instance, we should have a Bank Guarantee for ordering goods, the buyers should pay the full amount when they receive the goods at the same time, the sellers provide 30 days or longer warranty period and so on.
@Kapoios1 (84)
• Greece
Most people dont feel guilty when doing these things, so your letter will be just a loss of paper.
You know I never even thought of it like that.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Gift this is just awful and terrible that People even do this I think you should wait for payment to arrive in future and not let the item go till People send you the Money, it is not fair that you are putting all this hard work into things sending them out in good Faith and then they do not pay you I would mad yes very mad
@aerous (13474)
Well, it's natural for us to be mad if someone that we lend money but seems don't like to pay it.