cougar relationship

@kanchan10 (1061)
somebody has rightly said love knows no age.at a time when the dynamics of marriage are changing rapidly and youngsters are experimenting with their lives,"cougar" relationship is a new phrase catching up among them. cougar refers to a relationship where a woman is romantically involved with a much younger man. sometime such marriages are seen by society as an attempt by a woman to have some fun in her life or by someone who wants to tame her partner and can do so by marrying a younger man. moreover a drastic shift in the financial status has made today's women independent and they enjoy the power to pick and choose their partners without worrying about age,money. does any of have such relation provide thoughts about this relation
I don't have a problem with age differences either way (if the man is older or the woman is older) as long as both parties are of consenting age. However, I do find the term "cougar" rather insulting as it implies that the woman is stalking and preying on innocent victims, especially since another member pointed out that men of the same age that pursue younger woman are considered "studs", which has a decidedly positive connotation.
@kanchan10 (1061)
anyways we should always try to built a normal relationship that will last long.should not get bothered about the age or anything immaterial.what we should concentrate is on the relation
My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 years and I am much older than him, I did not chase him, he chased me until I finally gave in and went on a date with him and we have been together since. I very much resent the term cougar as it just does not sound right. Why I ask you are women called cougars and yet a man in the same sort of relationship is called a stud. It is kind of rude.
@kanchan10 (1061)
its just a phrase.don't take too much into it.relax and enjoy yourselves
@sk66rc (4263)
I don't believe age should be an issue as far as relationships go. I've dated someone who was 28 years older than I was. Her youngest daughter was 2 years older than I was. We never had any issues & my peers didn't see anything wrong with it. Not that I ever lived my life by other people's standards but it was nice to know that the poeple I care about couldn't care any less about our age differences.
@kanchan10 (1061)
relations run on fellow feeling and understandings.it is fine as long as both of u can communicate in same wave length.difference in age could create problem in communicating with each other
@acey76 (1278)
age doesn't matter as they all say, If you love somebody there are no if's buts, you will love that person unconditionally that is LOVE
@kanchan10 (1061)
age do matter because age provides experience and by experience u know what is to be done and what not.age can differentiate between love and just attraction
I agree that love shouldn't have an age, yet on the other hand, I think there should be 'cutoff' age. You don't want to be in a relationship with somebody that are older than your parents (at least I don't). Other than that, I don't see an issue with it. You can't help who you like. I also don't feel this has anything to do with people not wanting to get married anymore. With the way money is now, I don't think people want to put out all that money for one day. Especially if you have been in the relationship for quite a few years, I don't feel you need the paper that says you are married.
@kanchan10 (1061)
marriage is social necessity.it is upto the persons concerned to decide which way to be.