Did you find it too cold to check your mailbox today?

My mailbox is by the curb and the entrance of my house is in the back. So,I think unless I am expecting something special in the mail I will be chcecking it every few days. I get cash in the mail from listia and would like to ship my items fast. But,I have to think about this one. I may slow down my listing after Christmas so i don't need to go to the post office to ship stuff out.
@ElicBxn (60869)
I don't have that far to walk for the mail, but if its really cold I will consider driving my car to get Maggie's mail. I know in 2009 I drove there many times because of the extreme heat that summer.
I keep reading maggie here and there is this another mylotter??
@ElicBxn (60869)
Yes, Maggiepie is another mylotter
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Gifts, I hate the cold too. This morning my daughter missed the bus so I had to run her into school. It was not a great start the morning! I am lucky to have a vehicle and even at that I hate going out in this freezing weather. I convinced myself right out of taking the trash out just because when I get cold it takes me forever to warm back up. If I had to walk as you do, I'd be limiting my trips out for sure. Is this something your daughter could do for you? I know you are having trouble with her and I'm thinking this would give her some responsibility??
When she remembers she will bring it in being she passes it to get home.
No, it wasn't too cold to check the mail today. I mean, I haven't been home since 9:30 AM though and we get our mail at about 3PM, but when I get home I will likely check it. Luckily our mailbox is just attached to our door, and goes into a little cubby if not onto the closet floor. It's convenient. Then again, it's not like in the city, you generally see those "rural" mailboxes at the end of long driveways. Because we don't have long driveways, 'least not in my neighborhood. lol.
I wish I could have my box by my front door this would be nice.
@wjack2010 (755)
lol. Make sure you don't freeze xD
I try to stay in for the most part.
When I get back home my mailbox is two blocks away..LOL.. as it is at the PO Box so I hope I can readjust when I get back home, as it is still really nice out here in TN for this time of year. LOL, this morning Knoxville had about 1/8 inch of snow and everything was shut down. They say the most they get is 2 inches of snow maybe 2 times a year so as they got 1/8 even the schools were closed. ahahaha.. if only they knew where we live at. I do not think they will survive.
No they would not manage like when I lived in miami if the wind blu the wanted to put on a coat.
My mailbox is just a few feet from my front door so I try to make it a habit to check my mail each and every day. The reason for this is that you never know what you are going to get in the mail. However, with as cold as it has been this week, there are some times that I wish I hadn't stepped outside the door to just get a piece of junk mail. That is really all that we've gotten this week and all that I expect to get since we've already gotten all of our bills for the month.
Not really cuz first, it's not that cold here, and second, we don't have a mailbox. Lol. :)
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I don't have to go out and get mine, but I do have to go out to get my son on and off the bus. It has been quite cold here to go out and stand.
Then you know what I mean.
@zoey7879 (3104)
It was 15F here today. I live in an apartment complex where the mailbox center is in the center of the complex, which is about one block from my apartment. I was nice and comfortable today and decided not to check the mail. It's really difficult to check the mail here once it snows more than a couple of inches, because it all packs down and the first time that it thaws slightly and refreezes, my apartment complex becomes a 3 block long ice rink. During those times I might check the mail once a week if I'm not expecting anything important.
I lived like this in Miami and it was time that it was way too hot to go to the next building to get my mail.
@dismalgrin (2470)
I am staying at a shelter right now so I have to be gone every day from 9 till 4. Lol there is no 'too cold to go out' deal. Though I am getting to the point where I'm about to say it's too cold to smoke, luckily I can smoke at my boyfriend's house. Lol. But, I don't think it would ever be too cold to check the mail for me because I'm always signing up for deals that could show up any day for me.
I lived in the shelter two years and my mail box was in the front building way across the campus. Sometimes I would not check it being we had our own keys to our doors and boxes. I hope you get housing soon.
No, it wasn't too cold but your discussion reminded me that I have forgotten to check it today. I would suggest that you set your shippments up for once a week. That is what many I know do, and what we do as well. We tell people our shipping date and that their item will ship on the very next available shipping date. One home based business I ordered something from ships every Monday and Thursday. It makes sense to set shipping dates so that you are mailing everything at one time and not wasting time or energies. Namaste-Anora
This makes total scense to me. I live a block away from the post office. But golly i have to walk to the very top of the hill to get back home. So I will pick a monday to mail out lol not thursday and monday..just monday.
@carolscash (9500)
My father in law lives next door to us and he will go to the mailbox most of the time for us. I was hoping that we could get it moved closer to home but the post office won't go for that. I am sure that it would have been a cold walk to the box today but I am thankful that someone else done it.
@Wefight (330)
Welli am quite lucky where i live the mail comes into my porch so all i do in the morning if i am expecting something is get up early go on mylot abit and just genrally sit around waiting for the parcel too come.The other good thing about having a porch is that it traps the cold air in there so that it has too get through two doors to get in the house.I also find it more securer for me as we need two keys to get in our house so if we lose or get our keys stole they will only be able to get through one door.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Our set of mailboxes is down the road a way...a nice little walk for me. There are days that it is too cold for me to walk to the mailbox....well tat is my excuse anyway. I just wait until the next time I need to go somewhere in the car and stop to check the mail.
@raineyes (561)
It seems too cold to do anything today! I can't go outside without freezing every exposed part of my body, even bundled up in two jackets, gloves, scarf, and boots. I live on a college campus though up in the mountains and if you want to do anything, like class, eat, etc, you have to go outside. I'm not a big fan of this right now.
Our mailbox is 1/3 of a mile from our home, so on days we are drifted in it usually is too cold. But today we can drive.
@zenkey23 (418)
Actually we dont have any mailbox in out house because here in our country usually mail`s or letter will be given to you personally by the messenger:) But if we have a mailbox i will never be cold of checking it:) Sometimes mail`s are the source of good NEWS:)
@sender621 (14956)
It might be too cold to check the mailbox, but i will still do it. If i don't check, the mail would be in my box for an eternity. the mailman would think that I moved.
@stylewaves (1063)
Usually we people in India , wont use the Mailboxes ! The postman will directly put the Posts in the Home itself
@lilybug (21148)
I have a mail slot in my house, so all I have to do it walk to the living room and open up a little door to get my mail. if I did not have a reason to leave the house and my mail box was by the road I might wait to go get it too. It is really cold out here today.