Have a friend who can't dress?

Do you have a friend who can't dress? Well my friend is actually my cousin, he's an international student from Vietnam. He's been here for over three years and he wants to get a girlfriend but the thing is his style isn't the style here and my cousins all try to give him hints, buy him clothes and suggest it to him but he just doesn't get it. Any suggestions? Do you have friends where they can't dress or their style isn't so great, do you let them wear it or say something? Background about him: He's never had a girlfriend. He wants a girlfriend. He's not broke or anything, just cheap when it comes to clothes, but he spends a lot of money on technology.
@cssiduyz (1054)
no. but I will try to inform and teach the dress is good and right. labih looks good for the eyes of the people, let alone he's in has not had a girlfriend. so behind it also can teach us to be appear more perfect in order to get a boyfriend.
Yeah, I tried to teach him, my cousins and I went to the mall together and picked out an outfit but he insisted we don't buy it.
@foofermen (503)
Try as hard as you can to get him into rap? lol Just an idea. Most truly successful rappers are very well dressed. He doesn't even need to go and buy expensive things, it is very easy to mimic that style. However, if he is not genuinely interested in rap or the style of clothing they wear, that would be very dishonest, and would definitely come back to bite him in the butt. You could also start simple. Work with color schemes, think about his skin tone and hair color. I would like to say for the record, he doesn't need to spend a lot of money to look good. Finally, I would say, the cloths do not make the man. He needs to get around people, find some friends. Introduce him to some nice people. He will need some time to learn the ropes but he will get it. Make sure he always tries to be honest and all of that. That is very important in the early stages. He cannot afford to be lying to sound cool. He gets busted two or three times and he could get labeled a liar. Not good. He needs to build confidence. In conclusion, he needs to expand. He needs experience with the culture there. He needs a patient guide. He needs to become a version of himself that people from your culture can swallow. Fitting in can be really easy, it just takes time and patience. Just make sure he isn't being some one else entirely.
I don't think he's into rap, lol. He's an international student so he's not familiar with American customs yet although he's been here for 3-4 years now. He's hung out with me and my cousins who were born and raised in the US and he still hasn't adapted & changed yet.
@khanzee (126)
• Pakistan
I think , i would suggest him a girlfriend who can't dress like him...it is really interesting, why can't he dress?
@lingli_78 (12844)
no, i don't... actually, i am the one who don't know how to dress as i'm not really a fashionable person... but i try my very best and i have improved myself over the years... for your cousin, i think he needs somebody to help him to become his fashion designer... :-) but if he is unwilling to spend his money on clothes, then it can't be helped... he needs to make investment if he wants to improve his looks... take care and have a nice day...
You don't have to be fashionable to be able to dress, you have to look decent.. I want him to actually dress normal he dresses way not normal. Anyhow, thanks for sharing and take care/have a nice day :)
@khanzee (126)
• Pakistan
I think , i would suggest him a girlfriend who can't dress like him...it is really interesting, why can he dress?
Lol, I think most girls can dress? I don't know if girls who can't dress would go for him. I don't have any friends to recommend to him...
Well have you tried to actually buy him cloths on special occasions such as christmas or his birthday? That would make him actually wear those stuff and perhaps he'll soon realise how important dressing is... You could also try to find him some sort of idol, some person he likes and idolizes, perhaps he can "steal his style" don't get me wrong, but if his own style is not very appropriate... he could just "steal" one. I personally have never been confronted with the problem of having friends that cant dress, but I know a few people that keep dressing the same way every single day, almost as if they only had one outfit to wear. Thats kinda offtopic but atleast as annoying as having friends that can't dress properly.
I tried to buy it but he exchanged it and got a giftcard because he said he had a lot of clothing and he said it wasn't his typical wardrobe clothing -__-
You need to teach him. Be his Fashion Yoda. Look at some of the fashion magazines and get some ideas from there. I hear Preppy is in this year.
Yeah, but for him just to dress normal would be fine.
It need not be clothing which impresses the girls. The ugliest of the ugly gets a handsome girlfriend. May be he need to wait for sometime for getting a girl friend. Hope,very soon he will get a girlfriend.
True but no luck for him yet :(
@sender621 (14956)
Some people are just more aware of fashion than others. I have had several friends in the past that have needed a little extra help in this department. Still, when someone is our friend it should not matter so much to us what they wear. it should matter how we treat each other.
I treat him perfectly fine like everyone else but I'm trying to help him with his social life.
I think you can just tell him directly right into his face because all the things that you did for him didn't work at all! He's your cousin and not just a friend! So even if he gets angry or offended if you tell him about his style, your relationship will not change at all, you'll still be relatives! So if I were you, I would tell him frankly the reason why he couldn't get a girlfriend and if he don't take our advise, then he would never get a girlfriend at all. I know I sound a little harsh but then sometimes we need to be slapped in the face to realize everything!
Thanks for sharing, he's my cousin but he does have a sensitive side so that's why I haven't told him directly but more of a nicer hint.
• Vietnam
Uhm...Maybe, I'm a person who can't dress, like him. I don't like to wear casual clothes. I usually wear shorts and T-shirt. I don't like Jean, when I go to the university, I just want to wear Trousers and t-shirt, and I don't like to use a garter. In my opinion, If he doesn't like to dress, don't force him to do that. He can find a true love without nice dressing.
Sporty wear is still attractive but he doesn't know what is wrong with him because he's sick of being rejected so I'm trying to help. I've hinted out but even if my cousins are direct he doesn't get it...
@SangsTurks (1447)
its just that his preferances are diffrent than that of yours, you might be high on fashion but for him fashion must be technology. Not to worry things come as they have to.....he might get a girl who also has intrest in technology! Perhaps even if you dress him up he would still be intrested in technology.
It's fine if he's into technology but girls that hes aiming for all are very shallow and care about fashion.. He's always sad to get rejected but from a female point of few, it's because he has to maintain himself, clothes wise which is a easy thing to do. His personality is fine just his appearance that can totally break it if you can't dress at all!