Crest whitestrips - or any other home whitening kits - do they work?

@mommyboo (13207)
I'm trying to get a general answer here from people who have used whitestrips - Crest, Aquafresh, Rembrandt, whatever is out there - but only home kits or things available over the counter. The professional whitening treatments seem so expensive, and if something else works ALMOST as well, I'd rather try that first. Experiences with these products? Share the good AND the bad please, cost and effectiveness would be good things to include, as well as how long you had to use the product(s) before you noticed a difference. Thanks!!
I used crest whitening and it worked to whiten my teeth. I would never buy it again or anything like it. It only whitens the front teeth leaving the sides darker. They made my teeth sensitive to cold and hot. It took a long time to get that feeling gone. I now use whitening toothepaste and that is just fine. I use aqua fresh and colgate.
after waiting nine hours I think I would make up my own mind. LOL try it if you bought it already.
@mommyboo (13207)
I wasn't planning on buying anything unless I saw several favorable reviews lol.
Well it looks like your post flopped. I would buy it nad try it that way you know for yourself.
I used the Crest Whitening Strips and though it seemed like they were doing what they were supposed to, in the long run I believe that they damaged the existing dental work that I'd had done. Since I tried whitening my teeth, I've had noting but problems with the fillings that I had done when my daughter was a baby. One dentist even suggested that it was because I'd been using over the counter teeth whitening systems.
@mommyboo (13207)
that's kind of bizarre.... I talked to my dentist about professional whitening - in the office - and I asked specifically about it because I know that whitening doesn't whiten any prior dental work of course. He told me there wasn't a problem with that because the work wasn't on the front - and that was the only concern I had.
@djbtol (5501)
Sorry, cannot help you on this one. My teeth are still their natural color, containing whatever whiteness they do. I will not be blinding anyone when I walk outside.