Was your heating bill high this month?

My house is freezing right now. I am under a blanket and have on two pairs of pants. My gas bill was $89.00 and that too me is very high. My electric was a bit over 60 and that was fine for me. I will not be putting the heat on at all tonight. I will sleep under two comforters too.
@CatGods (4596)
I have a 2 bedroom house all on one floor. The windows all have plastic on them. We keep the heat at 64. The bill I just paid was 120.00 for gas, electric, water, and sewer. But I am expecting the bill for Jan to be a bit more because it's been allot colder. Would I like my next months bill to be 120? oh yes, but I know that this is more than likely not the case. So what do you think of shophandmade.com
Oh I forgot who sent me the link. I can't resppond through pm because it won't work. I like it very much. I put my bags on their the same night you told me about it. I closed down my onlin stores because of my landlord and will put all my stuff there. Thanks very much now if I could only sell something there.
@CatGods (4596)
I'm not understanding when you say that you closed down your online stores because of your landlord. What do you mean? I know you said that you have a shop on Etsy. Have you also tried listing your purses on www.blujay.com www.ecrater.com and www.buysellcommunity.com. I use all 3 of those sites because they are free to list and sell on. The only fees I incur are my paypal. I list the same thing on all 3 sites. May your purses fly out the door and the cash roll into your bank account.
I will do the buy one today. I closed down ecrater,and I will close down blujay too. I will be getting my own website soon so he will not know about my site. thanks
We are on level pay and pay $95 per month each month. We have electric heat. I can't get warm at all with gas heat. Never cared for gas and think it is very expensive. We have the gages in each room so we don't waste heat in a room we don't use that much. It works well for us. Do you have level pay with your power company?
I have no idea I will find out soon though. Thanks
It might be a real good deal for you. Hope it works.
I will be calling because my hands are frozen in this living room.
The way I understand it you guys have a lot of cold weather going on. I have not had cold weather yet. My bills are higher than yours, but my house is prbably three times bigger than yours. My gas is $139, about, and my electric is combined with water and sewer and trash, and it was $89 last month.
That water and stuff is sure not that bad. I would rather pay that than this heat.
When I owned my house my monthly gas bill was anywhere between $400 - $700 and still we froze. I had put in all new insulated windows and the bill still never decreased. Thankfully I no longer have to pay for gas utility as it is included in the rent. But come this spring we will be looking for a new place and the likelihood of us finding a place with heat included will not happen. At any rate the landlord forgets we live there and we freeze all winter long so our electric bill increases to $200 - $300 a month. As we have to use electric heaters all day long.
I had my space heater on today but turned it off after getting the bill. I am lost as to what I should use I will call the company tomorrow to talk to them.
0$ We have an outdoor wood furnace so the propane heater hasn't kicked on. Before we got it 4 years ago we were paying about $600-700 a month in the coldest time of year. It's kinda funny that our electricity is about the same summer and winter. I cut my own wood so I have used about $10 worth of gas and oil so far this year. Of course that is not counting my labor, but I actually like cutting wood.
I would not want to cut my own wood at all.
@unique16 (1531)
Hello giftsandbagscom, I am trying to keep mine as low as possible. Since both of my children are in college I just small space heater and my heating blanket for heat. Since I work 3 days out of the week two jobs and I am not home much anymore visiting friends etc... I do not even turn on my gas heater. I will also use my coal stove this december when my children are home for 4 weeks for winter break and that keeps things and nice and warm. One ton of coal cost $250.00 and last me all 3 months and little longer. I am fortunate to have some differnt options. I have heard from some people there prices went higher for gas or electric and oil. Thanks and have a great night Sincerely Unique16
I know this is too much for me to manage.
@CatGods (4596)
Say this isn't a real big money maker, but go to your local furniture store or interior store and ask for the discontinued fabric samples. From these you could make sleeves for 2LB rice bag. People can buy a 2LB bag of rice from walmart for under 2.00. Then they put the rice bag in the sleeve that you made and either heat them up or pit them in the freezer. You could sell a 4 pack of sleeves. That way they could have 2 ready in the freezer and 2 ready for the microwave. I made mine from old jeans and I got some sew on Velcro. You could even ask for old jeans on the freecycle. and check out this neat idea. http://www.favecrafts.com/Sewn-Accessories/T-Shirt-Sleeve-Scarf#
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I feel so bad for you because I have been there and know what you are going through. My parents who live in Florida are freezing tonight too, unbelievable. When I was living in New Mexico my heating bill was high starting with the month of December's bill. So what I would do is at night sleep with pj's, socks and blankets and turn the heat off just so the bill would not be so high. Now that I'm living in Puerto Rico I don't have a heating bill. Everything in my house is run on electric and my bill was 88 for the month of November.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
Our electric bill was about $170 this month. We do not heat with electric, but with a wood furnace. Wood keeps our house very warm....like right now it is 25 degree celcius, which is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. We are used to this heat.....if it gets down a few degrees, someone is going to the basement to put more wood in the furnace. Stay warm.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not so high but give it another month to really get cold here...
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
I am not from the USA, so my experience won't be useful for you, friend, but i want to share one story of a client i had before, when i worked in a shop. He told me that in his own country, people pay power bills for whole year ahead and if their bills for the year are less than they paid, the company is keeping the left money for the next year and ask them to pay the difference. This is when i said myself - thank God that we don't pay that way here, because it would be very very hard for all of us.
@sender621 (14956)
When the winter months arrive, so do the higher costs of heating our homes. it is just inevitable and unavoidable. In the winter months I don't even like to see the heating bill arrive.
Yes, mine was $75 more this month & tip toeing around 200, usually it's well over 200 this time of year even into 300's. And sadly it'll get worse as we get into the really cold weather in January. So I do my best when the kids are at school & hubby is at work to keep the heat down fairly low. Though it's hard with small kids who can't handle being a lil chilly (cold/virus wise) and understand to put layers on.
Last months electric bill was $68 dollars which isn't that bad. I keep our house set around 68 degrees so it is comfortable. My feet tend to get cold though so I always wear socks. My summer bills are always more because we do not have central air/heat and have window units. It's a bit more costly to run two air conditioners than it is my base board heating. Namaste-Anora