Do you and your friends exchange gifts?

This year is the first year that me and a couple of my friends are going to exchange. I don't know why we don't usually exchange, but this year we decided to have little get-togethers involving Champagne and games and small presents exchanging. Our cap on how much money we can spend on each gift is $20, we decided. Do you do this with your friends? \
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
I usually exchange gifts with some of my close friends. My best friend lives in another part of the country. I thought about visiting her before christmas and I was going to bring her gift, but I have been busy with work and I didn't have the chance to go there, so we decided to mail the presents instead. The other day I received a big parcel in the mail, I am curious, but I promised my friend that I won't open it yet Another friend and I usually exchange gifts, we have done that for years, but this year he asked me if we could drop the gifts as he has no money. I know that he has financial problems, so I told me that it wasn't a problem to drop the presents this year.
lol nice! i love receiving mail like that, don't you? i think it's fine not to exchange gifts. i mean, especially if you both could put the money you would have spent toward better use.
@bounce58 (17550)
I think I responded to one of your discussions (for this batch) here where I said, we do a get-together with my friends and neighbors during the Christmas holidays. Although there is nothing agreed upon, the families always do exchange gifts. It isn't anything expensive. In fact, this year I made sure that the gifts I will give is just equal or under $10.
*for this batch* LOL. so true. i like to start 'em in bulk. me & my friends do a spending 'cap', too. that definitely helps!!
@buggles64 (2715)
When I was younger, and my family (kids were still little) I would exchange gifts with a couple of my friends. It was always so much fun going to the store and picking out little things for her and her family. We didn't have a set amount that we spent on each other, we just bought what we could. I usually spent around $20.00 for the family. Now that the kids are older, and out of the house we don't do this anymore.
ha ha, yep, i can understand!
@hushi22 (4941)
well, not exactly exchange gifts, but we always want to make each other happy so we give one.
how is that different??
When I was a little bit younger and my closest friends and myself were all in closer proximity of each other then we did all exchange gifts amongst each other. However now we are spread all over the country and we have families and obligations of our own and it doesn't seem nearly as important to exchange gifts with each other these days. Instead, we will send cards to each other and updates of our lives and that is about it.
ahh, ic an understand that. physical distance must make it hard to 'exchange' gifts. sending cards hopefully suffices! thanks for responding!
My friends and I used to exchange gifts when we were in high school and it was small presents of a budget of around $20, it was fun. :) We stopped because everyone is broke from college but it's fun to eat out though and go out just not exchange gifts. Have fun!
lol i am doing the same thing as you used to do in high school..although im not in high school LOL. i agree that it's still fun to catch up and celebrate the holidays with your buds - because it's the time together that's most important - not just the gifts, yanno? thanks for responding!!