Do you wish you could gift an item to someone?

There are tow friends here I would like to send a bag to. I can't find the money to ship them so I won't even offer. I have this idea to make a different bag and would love to see if they like it. I think next year I will have a better chance at this. I did send out two gifts and It made me happy because I know they will like them. One was on this site the other on listia. I wish I could do more for people.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I wish I could do more for people especially this year. Usually we are very generous around the holidays, however, I have to be honest with our situation. We are barely going to be able to give our kids a half way decent holiday let alone anyone else. We are going to manage to make some cookies for some of our neighbors, but other than that, that will be all we can do. I did buy some toys for the children we picked on the Angel tree earlier this year. I was lucky that I bought for the right age group. I think things are tight all over these days and I think (at least I am hoping) everyone will understand. You can only try your best!
Very much so. I had hoped that our family would have been in the financial situation this year that we would be able to gift a family from my daughter's school with Christmas when they wouldn't have really had one otherwise. However, we didn't find ourselves in a situation where that would be possible and because of that I didn't even offer. However, it really bothers me that I wasn't able to do something like that this year. Oh well, here is to hoping that I will be able to do something next year.
@hushi22 (4940)
i wanna give a gift to one professor that i like because she has been a very good role model to everyone in class, but i am really on a tight budget these days. i might not be able to.
So true gifts as I too know what you are saying, me with no income becomes hard for me to be creative. However you and I are so very understanding and generosity of being friendly matters. I will have several people upset with me this upcoming holidays as they are not so nice people to begin with. But how can I make them happy when I am so struggling myself and they are working with solid paychecks. I am going to try really hard not to let it bother me but I would be lying if I told you it didn't. =(
I think we all wish we could do more for the people we care about. No matter what we do for them it never seems enough. That is the good in people. We all do the best we can. THis time of year I think that things are so expensive and everyone is busy and before you know it it is the beginning of a new year.
@nicregi (1936)
Yes! Actually, my biggest concern is always be money. I believe with money, we can easily do anything we want. Even buying any gift for anyone and any time!