What would be the most you would spend for your own jewelry?

I have purchased myself a lot of jewlery on ebay over the summer. it was very pretty stuff I might add. The most I bid was 4 bucks. I was sitting on the computer and nid on so much stuff with no bids. I got them all and what liked about them is no one has them. They all canme from China and my friends all loved them. The most I could see myself spending is $15 to $20. trust me 20 would mean it had to be a gem..
@cher913 (25890)
i am like you. i pick up my jewelry at thrift stores and on ebay too. the most i would bid is $2.50, the key is being able to walk away. most of it came from china too but i have gotten some vintage pieces which were from the us.
That is like a great bargain to get.
I actually don't wear a lot of jewelry and I really can't think of a time that I have ever bought jewelry for myself so my answer to this question is going to be quite strange. However, I don't think that I would ever even begin to spend a dime on jewelry for myself. If I saw something that I liked I would definitely tell Tom about it and hope that he would get it for me. However, I can't think of a situation where I would be buying something for myself.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
I would actually prefer to spend more on jewelry myself than for others to buy it for me--I am always convinced that my husband, father, in-laws, etc., spend too much for something I could get for 1/10th of the price. So, as much as I love getting jewelry as a gift, nowadays I would rather just buy it myself--especially if it is from my husband, since after all it's the same pot of household money!
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I buy mostly costume jewelery as well. I can't say I have bought any jewelery online though. I have bought some Lia Sophia....but it is only gold and sliver plated too, I realized. I never look at anything that is from China....I guess I have no trust there....with them. Since you have had good luck, maybe i should give it a try.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, Would all depend on how much I had to spend. Usually I don´t have enough so I have had to rely on Presents being given to me such as at Christmas. I like Spanish Gold and it is very expensive so at the moment I don´t really have enough even to buy even a link of Gold chain (grin). That´s great you finding that Jewelry it must be very nice too. I want a pair of Spanish Gold Earrings like my Mom had that sort of style but I will have to wait for a time, maybe a very long time I suppose.
@velvet53 (17721)
• Palisade, Colorado
Sounds like you got some good deals.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I couldn't justify selling my stuff for less than 15 or 20, and they aren't gems... but I'm not going to be selling them on ebay either...
I use to have a lot of jewelry about in the years, and paid high dollar for them. My ex-husband when he left, left with my jewelry so I really do not have gold jewelry much. I have to say that I do have a great deal of Lea Sapphora jewelry, most I have paid for a piece is $50. I also like sterling silver and have a lot of pieces. I really can't buy any these days, but if I could $20 would be my limit and I would feel like royalty. LOL..