From Happy High to Upset Loowww...

@LadyMarissa (12162)
I don't know if you remember, but I did a discussion almost a month ago about a dog in SC that someone put a cinder block on his head & set him on fire.... http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2438187.aspx Well, I've been following this story daily as I was traumatized that anybody could be so heartless!!! I heard on a commercial today that they had caught the SOB that had done this & I was elated!!! So, I made sure to tune in to their news tonight to hear who it was & why they did it!!! Boy was I SHOCKED when I heard that the man who had done this horrible crime had indeed been arrested & the police don't think he acted alone. They believe somebody had paid him to kill the dog!!! http://www.wyff4.com/news/26079499/detail.html This link will take you to the updated story on poor old Pookie. If there is any good news, it is that Pookie hasn't lost his sight!!! Sadly he will have to have most of his ears amputated, but the vet says his eyes seemed to have survived!!!! Now I'm having terrible thoughts... What if his owner had paid this man to get rid of her dog??? I know it is a horrible thought, but she gave him up very quickly after she learned of his injuries. I don't think she has even gone to visit with him. A complete stranger has been to see him almost every day!!!! This is one story that I wish the news had kept to themselves until ALL the facts were in. The thought of someone putting a "hit" out on this poor dog really upsets me!!!! I'm not sure what question to ask in order to make this a discussion, so I guess I'll just ask, what are your thoughts on this????
@carolbee (16241)
This is such a sad story. Makes me want to cry. Don't understand why anyone would hurt a pet or any animal for that matter. To intentionally set the dog on fire is so inhumane it's disgusting. Ok so the guy was charged with arson. That's not enough. He needs a hefty fine for starters. Oh then maybe set his ears on fire so he can understand how the dog suffered. My wish would be that someone adopts the dog and gives him a good, loving home. And let the goofball who did this sit his tush in jail for awhile.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
This has been one of the hardest reports I've ever had to work through. The only one I can think of that was worse was Susan Smith drowning her babies & the Doctor in Connecticut that had to listen while his family was being tortured & murdered. When it comes to animal abuse, i do believe that this one is right up there on top!!! I cry every time I see him on the news as he's always wagging his tail, leaning into, & loving on some human. It doesn't appear that he has been negatively scarred psychologically by this. I'm just glad he wasn't left blind!!!! They told yesterday that he has been placed in a foster home so he can continue to recover. He's living in one of the nicer neighborhoods in the area!!! I'm thinking it is the woman who took the time to go visit him every day while he was at the vet. He has a HUGE fancy bed & his own area of the house. He's NO longer chained up to his dog house outside & he looked extremely content laying there & making himself at home. This lady had also bought him a sweater so he wouldn't be cold while his skin heals!!! So, I'm hoping everything is as good as it looks & he's gone from hell to Heaven!!!! Maybe something good will finally come out of all of this!!!!
@Loen210 (1533)
Oh marissa, I remember when you posted this. I have not seen this in any of our local news or newspaper. :o( And I can not go to your links because I can't bring mysel fto. I don't want to have to handle being crushed at heart and so angry and just disgusted by them. Poor, poor, dog. But thank goodness that he has survive ddna can still see adn hopefully hear. He needs to be treated and loved like nan angel for the rest of his life. Sending him blessings and warm thoughts and pets.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I live about 75 miles from where this happened. Where I live is very rural & we don't have a television station of our own. .I have access to 3 stations where I can get my news & weather. This station gives weather the closest to what we actually have here, so I tend to watch them frequently. Of course that also means that I hear the news that happens in their area instead of mine. Occasionally our news makes it to their news. That's usually when it's something big!!! I have been consciously watching that station for the last month in hope of keeping up with Pookie's status. I would love to adopt him, but at this point that is not possible. Pookie will be having to go through many more months of treatments. His skin is very tender & sensitive at this point & I have 3 dogs who play very rough. I was turned down for the adoption because Pookie needs to go to a home with NO other pets & where he can just be loved one on one!!! I was horrified when I first heard & posted the story of Pookie's abuse!!! Then yesterday they announced the sicko had been caught, so I made sure to tune in. It literally made me sick to hear that some coward had paid this man to kill the dog!!! I just hope they catch the coward real soon & they are put in jail with inmates who don't like the way they treated this poor dog!!!! The only good news coming out of this is that Pookie's eyesight was saved & the vet says he should be able to see as well as most old dogs. He hasn't lost his hearing. The amputation of the ears is for the damage to the flaps only. He will look a little strange with no ear flaps, but he will still be able to hear!!!
Hi LadyM, What a disguting thing to do to an animal, how can anyone be so cruel? I hope those who have done this will suffer and hope that someone will do it back to them to see you they feel, that poor dog should be giving to this person who have been visiting the dog everyday, as for Porkie's ex owner hould be questioned as well as I think she has had her hand in trying to kill him, what heartless excuse for a human being. Tamara
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I cannot disagree with anything you've said!!! I wondered at the time it happened how the owner could just give up Pookie. Pookie is about 12 years old & she said she had gotten him when he was 5 months old. I don't know many pet owners who have their pet from a baby to old age that could just give them up!!! I tried very hard at the time to NOT judge her as she had just moved from her home & she was having problems selling her old house. I hoped that her actions were simply financially distressed actions!!! I did find it strange that she had just left Pookie behind even though she said she stopped by every day to feed him & play with him. The man arrested today should have a heavy bolder placed on his shoulders & his hair set on fire & told it won't be put out until he tells who had hired him!!! All of this has my nerves standing on their ends!!!!