Do you like to recieve flowers form people?

I am not big on getting flowers at all. I like them don't get me wrong. But,please don't give them to me as a gift. I don't want them and will not be happy. I will smile take them and put them in water. But,under my breathe I will be saying why did you waste that much money on this..
I love reviving flowers as a gift the only thing that sucks is that flowers don't live very long but if someone wants to get me flowers I always take it as a nice jester.
That is very true they don't lst long.
I feel the same on this one. You know they are so expensive and only last a short time I can't see spending our money on such a thing. Though, I'd gladly accept a perennial I could plant in my garden as a gift that keeps on giving sorta speak. I also don't care to have flowers cut from my flower beds either.
I don't like that either. I planted plants when I lived in Florida but lucky me now one took any.
@saqi78 (1405)
I like getting flowers, it make me happy if some one give me flowers, I dont think that it is wastage of money but it shows some one love to me. You shall only receive flower from those who love and cares you otherwise there are lots of people around you, but the only friends who cares and loves you, shall give you flowers... Be happy and be the reason of happiness in others life...:) Have a nice day....:)
Your sweet I don't care to get them so I am not missing anything. I like fruit baskets though.
I am one who so loves flowers and if I have to buy my own I will. I do not care too much for spending too much on them though. You have no idea how one flower alone could brighten up my smile that would last all day.
That is nice I think a hand made card doed this for me..
I have always liked receiving flowers. They don't have to be big expensive arrangements, I'm happy with a bouquet of wild flowers, picked from the side of the road. My husband brings me a bouquet of roses now and then, and they look really nice on the dresser in the bedroom. Some people like receiving flowers, some don't. We're all different.
That is very sweet of your hubby... That is like I don't like to recieve cards unless they are hand made..
• Marion, Kansas
I would rather get live plants as a gift. They do not even have to be blooming plants. I enjoy them and keep them alive pretty well, at least for a while. I know what you mean about them being very expensive for what they are. I would love to grow beautiful flowers in the summertime and make my own arrangements.
My husband and I were just talking about this last night. You see, shortly after we met, he gave me a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day and I wasn't really that impressed at all. I do think flowers are pretty and I think that they are a very nice gesture, but I can really think of a lot of nicer things that you can get for roughly the same money that will last a heck of a lot longer than a bouquet of flowers. That was actually the first and the last time that he has ever gotten me flowers.
Oh, sure. Flowers are bright and a real expression of caring. It is always nice to receive them from loved ones and others as well. I have sent them to sick co-workers and family members. Love to receive them too. Always a nice way to say you are being thought of or cared about. Nice hostess gift too.
@free_man (7337)
Hi Gifts I am like you I would rather someone buy me a plant that I can enjoy for years to come then to give me cut flowers. I will never give cut flowers to anyone I know I will give them a plant that they will love for years to come. That way the money spent on a plant will last but cut flowers wither and die.
@carmelanirel (21108)
That is how I am too, unless they are flowers I can plant, the cut flowers to me are a waste of money.
@angeline1 (146)
I like to receive flowers from anyone.I haven't received any flowers from anyone yet.If I received one, I will be emotional and happy.I will put the flowers in the vase.I will keep the card and a few petals of the flower.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me they are kind of person who is want that they like to gave a flower as there gift good for you you meet that kind of one.
@sid556 (31018)
I'm the same way. I mean, they are so much money and then they just die. I do save the roses and hang them upside down to dry and all. Still...it's a lot of money. I would rather a guy pick me some flowers or write something romantic on a piece of scrap paper and slip it to me then to spend money on flowers. They really are over-rated and it is the thought that counts. I'm pretty poor here. If a guy really wants to spend 20.00 or more on me then I'd be so much more excited over a gift certificate to the local grocery store. In all honesty, I don't care if a guy spends money on me as long as he doesn't cost me and treats me well.
@lkbooi (16102)
giftsandbagscom, my husband knows me very well that I love only gift which is practical and I can use it often. Therefore he never buys me any bouquet of fresh flowers as gift. He did present me a couple pots of flower plants with blooming adorable pinky flowers as birthday gift years back. I take good care of them daily to make sure that they can grow well and lively. At present I have eight pots of such beautiful flowers. I'm going to give two pots of the young plants to one of my good friends. She loves and appreciates this flower. She will get them when moving to her new house. Happy posting
Flowers can be beautiful to get as a gift, thing is they don't last as long as you would want them too. Yes, they are also expensive. What I do when I want to send flowers I don't send cut flowers anymore, I send something they can plant themselves or keep in the pot and grow in the house. This way the gift can last