Would you want to play an instrument?

I would not want to play anything I can think of there was a time I played in the band and they found I was just blowing air through the claironet. LOL I felt shame and never wanted to be in the band again..
I used to play the piano, but when my parents saw how good I was at it, they insisted on pushing me. Then when they pushed me too hard, and I gave it up, they accused me of wasting a gift. What waste? I wanted to play for my own pleasure, not constantly pushed by the world around me.
@pokumon (647)
That's really sad. You could always take it up later. My parents pushed me into music early too. I had piano lessons in 4th grade and took up the oboe. My piano teacher got pregnant after 6 months so we stopped taking lessons. I quit oboe in 7th grade. In high school, I took up piano on my own and now I love it. So don't give up on having piano as a hobby later in life.
For the vast majority of my life, I've played at least one musical instrument. I started taking piano lessons when I was six years old and I continued to take lessons until I was thirteen years old. Then, when I was in 4th grade I had the opportunity to start in the orchestra. This I continued with the orchestra until I was in ninth grade. Then when I was in college I took private viola lessons as well for my fine arts credits. I really like being able to play a musical instrument.
@dodo19 (34007)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I used to play a little bit of piano. But I haven't played in years. Lately, though, i have wanted to learn more, and start playing the piano again.
I wish I was musically inclined. My ex husband can listen to a song afew times and go and plunk it out on the guitar. WHen I was in grade school they did a test of the kids to see what instrument would be best for each child. I wanted to play the drums and was very disappointed to find out that I had no rythym.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I played the flute in middle school, however, when I got into High School I was no longer interested in it. I also took piano and guitar lessons for a while and can still play the piano some. I haven't picked up a guitar in a while, but I would assume I could probably still remember a few notes.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh yes I would love to, but I am terrible at reading notes, so I never could get past the simple, "Mary had a Little Lamb" songs.. It doesn't matter what I'd play either, I just would like to play something.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have custody of my mother's piano, and would love to learn how to play it. I am thinking of getting a couple of "teach yourself piano for dummies" books for myself for Christmas.
@asliah (11148)
hi, actually i love to play an instrument, like piano, i really like to play this, when i was a child, i always wished to have this, even now,. playing a piano is very nice in my hearing.
@jshekhar (1563)
Hello friend, During my school days I was so fascinated by the Guitar and I wanted to learn to play it real bad. However, dad wanted me to learn the tabla. It was a deadlock situation and no side was willing to give in. Hence, I ended up learning nothing.[em]sad[\em] Now that I'm 25 and stuck with my job, I don't get the time to learn something on my own.
@raineyes (561)
Well, you should have been playing lol! I do like playing instruments. I'm a music geek and play several instruments, clarinet actually being my predominant one. I also play a little guitar and piano and tenor sax. My favorite is my bass guitar however.
If I could I'd love to learn to play piano, flute (properly), or a fiddle. I did play flute in band in grade school though I could not remember wich fingering went with which note. I was so behind in understanding it that my mom fibbed on my lil sheet that said I practiced and when we had practice w/ the band in the mornings I copied the fingerings of the girl next to me.
I use to play the clarinet in high school and it enjoyed it very much. I don't think I can play today, unless I took a few lessons, but find I would not have interest in it anymore.