Senses of the Season

@benhilo (871)
Tripoli, Libya
I recently started a discussion "Why celebrate Christmas?" and as a result of that discussion memories from my past started to surface. In the responses were an array of senses of the season. We see the light decorations, the presents, the singing of carols and the aroma of foods. Surely there is more, so my question is when does it feel like Christmas for you. For me, I know it is Christmas when I start hearing Christmas songs on the radio or see decoration being put up in the stores. How about you?
For me, my favorite part of it all is the gift-buying. I love Christmas shopping - if only I had more money to do it with!! It feels like Christmas when I'm out shopping for others, wrapping gifts, and so on. It also starts to feel like Christmas after we get the first snow-fall. I don't know what it is, but when I wake up and see snow out of my window, the first thought that comes to me is always "Its' Christmas Day!!!!" because of how excited I was on Christmas Day as a kid, growing up. Then I realize a split-second later that no, it's not Christmas. It just snowed. LOL!
@benhilo (871)
• Tripoli, Libya
I love it! Thanks for your response and happy holidays!
I stopped celebrating Christmas when my parents passed away. They were the only people who made me happy during this season. It's not the presents that they gave me that I longed for but it was their presence. At that time when they were still here, I would begin to feel it's Christmas when my mom would start shopping for food and would start to be so busy I with so many things and school would end! But now, I can sense Christmas is in the air when my son would start having all this gift giving in school and Christmas presentations.
@buggles64 (2715)
I know it's Christmas, when I start preparing for the holiday. Making gifts, planning the food, making sure of the times and dates we will be celebrating. The excitement of that time of year when your family makes the time to get together :)
Now in China, younsgers begin to celebrate Christmas. Being not a Christian country, i want to find the meaning or reason why people go out for a party on Christmas eve. Christmas is not a legal holiday in China. Some people critize that people celebrating are apt to like all the things imported from the West. For the sense of the Christmas for me, it's parties or gatherings at bars around the campus with banners Merry Christmas.
@whateva (786)
although i'm not christian o anything nor i'm religious, i'm an atheist who loves christmas, cous of the feeling yeah :p the festive seasons are awesome cous of teh warmth it brings with all the family being together and relatives being happy and all teh awesome greetings they make...like i just get happy by seeing people that way...and i love the lights on street..i love eating cake in the name of decorations..i love santa cous he is a part of my childhood stories :p i'm not sure if it'll still be that awesome with increasing people like me..cous it just becomes mere a holiday to us unless people are celebrating around me..so its good for now ^^
@jornz87 (140)
i feel Xmas when i felt the cold night while listening the Xmas songs. the climax of Xmas is during noche buena when i see a lots of foods in the table that i don't know where i start to get, what should i eat among those foods.