Have you ever used a corn or rice bag for pain?

I have discovered in the last week, the great pain reliever, a heated corn bag. I have a rice bag that my sister made for me before she passed 2 years ago. I thought it was great, and it is! But now I've had the good fortune of being gifted with a corn bag. Just pop one in the microwave, get it at the heat you want for your pain, and it helps soooo goood! I actually made some rice bags for Christmas presents last year. Beats buying' 'em and paying pretty sizeable bucks for 'em. Try one you'll love it. By the way, they give off moist heat. That's the best. Well, I know the rice does.
@bwaybaby (904)
I've used a cloth bag that had rice in it that I heated before, and that worked really well. I don't know what happened to it- it may have gotten lost when we moved. I know my dad's used a bag of frozen vegetables to try to prevent bruising once...
Oh, yes. I've used that frozen bag of vegetables trick before. When you're desparate, you'll use about anything, won't you?
@goldeneagle (6775)
I have never used one personally, but my wife has some rice tied up in a sock that she uses sometimes for her shoulder, and she says that it works pretty well. I have heated it up for her a couple of times, and I can tell you that thing holds some heat in it. I have burned my hand on it before LOL
The one my daughter's neighbor gave to me has corn, and she put it in a long thick winter wooly sock. I love that thing. If I don't have it on my back, I put it on my neck and shoulders. It's amazing how comforting it is. I think alot of it is the shape of it. But I love the rice one too. They're both great!
@peavey (16876)
Yes, I have... at least a rice bag. I made my own a few years ago, with channels sewn in it to keep the rice from going to one end. I love it, especially when the nights are cold and my legs ache. It's one of the best things I ever did for myself. :)
Yes. The one my sister made for me is sewn that way also. I just love it, and she made it with this beautiful pastel colore pj flannel.
• New Zealand
here in New Zealand i have never herd of these only of wheat bags its good therapy with heat. i have loads of aches as i have 2 different major problems i have arnold chari malformation & another big named one also so i use them all the time for my 2 major conditions
I have never heard of these bags until your discussion. How do you get them?? Are they something you get in homeopathic stores??