My Christmas Tree Is Up In Record Time!

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
It was "now or never" regarding the tree. I thought that if I didn't put it up now I never will, so I've just spent the last hour or so (from start to finish) putting the tree together and placing the lights, decorations and tinsel on it. I really should've switched the heating off when I did it because I didn't half get a sweat on! I just chucked everything on and hoped for the best and I'm pleased with the results, moreso than if I'd put more thought into it! One thing's for sure..despite our tinsel being a bit naff, I LOVE the red stuff and I'm now more convinced than ever that red is the colour to go with in this living-room. It looks so good! Red carpet with red feature wallpaper would look the biz! Not bothered about the rest, just the red tinsel lol.
Wow, so you got it done in just over an hour? That is good timing, we just got our tree up, but now we have decided that it is too late to decorate so we will do it tomorrow! So by the time we get it done, from start to finish it will probably take over 12 hours lol!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Well, I had been thinking about my tree for 2 days but, due to visiting Mum over Christmas (starting this Friday) I thought I'd best get it up now, otherwise there would be no point! Good luck with yours when you finally get round to it!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I reckon the pixies should do it. They helped me with mine. You see, I've got the Christmas spirit already..either that or I'm completely daft!
Hahaha, I like the way you think!
I keep adding stuff piece meal. Not a lot of decor, really. I have a little bitty tree on the porch and I have a handcrafted tree I made that has just lights and ribbons. We also bought Norfolk Island Pine that just has some glitter on it. I have tinsel up my stairs with little animals hung on it. I like red, and find it to be a totally rich color.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I have to be careful not to become obsessed with red, do you know what I mean? I'd love to see those animals up your stairs..aww, how cute!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
My Christmas Tree Dec 2010 - Christmas Tree - erected in record time.
Here's my tree.
@asyria51 (2870)
I did ribbon instead of garland or tinsel this year. My dog eats the tinsel, which ends up being really gross. i had help, in the form of my mother putting ornaments on with me, and my father and husband keeping my child entertained while the ornaments went up, so it went quickly. We have a prelit tree so that saved a bunch of time. i need to get the rest of the decorations up, like the mantle decorated, and the stockings up, and then i am done.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Wow, can't I come round? It sounds lovely and inviting my friend. I bet the ribbon looks excellent. I remember one year my Mum had strips of silver thread draped over one of her trees and it looked ace. She has allsorts regarding tree decorations, such as little Robins, beads, old baubles, you name it she has it. I guess you would call some of them "vintage" decorations that would be extremely difficult to replace these days as shops are very samey with them, not much imagination, unfortunately.
@hofferp (4739)
I think red would knock my socks off if I painted my great room red, so I'll just stay with my beige and accent walls. I'm glad you got your tree up. I had my nephew, who was visiting from New York City, help me put up my tree over Thanksgiving, because it was more fun with his help. Usually though I don't get my tree up until a couple of weeks before Christmas and I take it down after the New Year. I use to use tinsel, but it's such a pain taking off, I stopped using it. Now, my tree is "simple". I only put up Native American ornaments. And because they're pretty expensive, I only buy a few new ones each year. I probably have less than 50 ornaments up...but it grows a little each year.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Don't get me wrong, I don't want too much red..just enough to brighten up this room as it's extremely dark and needs brightening up. We're lucky because we have high ceilings so if we do choose bright wallpaper at some point, it's not gonna look naff. Trust me, it's my hobby looking at www.wallpaperdirect.co.uk lol. Your tree sounds lovely. My Mum has the best decorations for her tree, some of which are years old (her mother's) and I always like seeing them every year.
@webearn99 (1744)
Preparing for a festival is often more enjoyable than the festival it self! The anticipation, the inspiration, the flow of artistic capabilities, the glow of accomplishment and all the mishaps in between are the rush that make festivals occasions to remember. Actual festival is for devotion and inspiration, the feast after is the 'thing' that day, aftermath is exhaustion, worth every one of the aches and pains. Happy Holidays!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Well, I was getting into a sweat with my tree last night because I wanted to get it done before hubby came home from playing billiards, so it was a nice surprise for him. If I'd taken my time he would've walked in half-way through! Happy Holidays to you to my friend.
I helped my mother put up her tree when we both were so tired. We took that tree and put it together and just ran around it putting the lights on it. Boy it looks real nice. happy Holidays..
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
It's amazing what we can do when we're not really in the mood! I swear if I'd taken more time on it the results wouldn't have been the same. Mind you, everyone else might think it's crap lol.
Yeah some times it does work out this way. Where as I put in so much effort and then remove everything and start all over. I find that when I just zip right through it actually looks best. Unfortunately I do not get my own message until after I tried 2 -3 times. , glad you are done with yours. Merry Christmas to you and all yours.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I got spurred on because Mum told me on the telephone that she hasn't put hers up yet. I told her she must as it will cheer her up, hopefully. Since I've done mine I've cheered up considerably, which is what it's all about isn't it? Merry Christmas to you too.
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
Our Christmas tree went up in record time this year as well. This time, we adults had no input in it at all, as we told the kids to put it up and left them to it. It seemed to go really fast as I did not see any of it being done. I just came back into the house and it was completed! The other record was that we put it up earlier than ever before in my life. It was put up in late November this year, just over a month out from Christmas day!