Pet Peeves!

I couldn't help but think of writing a discussion on pet peeves after being stuck in traffic for nearly two hours!! This is a daily thing for me, and I am considering looking for a new job but during these times, it's hard to find somewhere close and available. Aside from traffic, my pet peeves are EXCUSES!! I hate when people make excuses. What is done is done, so nothing sugar coated can change that! Come to think of it, I got a lot of pet peeves. Like ignorance, when my socks get wet... people who assume things, people who talk but don't do anything to back it up. What are your pet peeves?
My bigest pet peeve is rude people. I cannot tolerate rudness. There is no excuse for it. I can't stand it when people mispronounce words. If you are going to use a word in conversation take a few moments and learn how to pronounce it. I also find it hard to tolerate people who don't do what they say they will. If you tell someone you're going to do something then do lt! One more, and this one makes no sense, it's just something that really irritates me... slow readers. If I'm waiting for someone to read something and they are a very s-l-o-w reader it drives me nuts. There are more but if I list too many I will just sound like a really grouchy person ;)
I agree with you on them all!! Keep listing, I am a grouchy person so I would totally understand!! hhaha Yes there are a lot of rude people, and you wonder why they have to be like that!! It is not that hard to give a little respect right? I totally agree. I also hate it when people don't do what they say they will, someone else wrote that too about broken promises, but it's not just promises but people just talk too much and don't do much of what they talk about.. very agreed!
@Lore2009 (7389)
I have a lot too! 1. HICCUPS 2. Typos on published documents and resumes! 3. Wet socks (like you) 4. Traffic (like you) 5. Sneezes that get stuck. 6. Constipation 7. Wet toilet seats. 8. Trivial talk. 9. People who walk slow right in front of you. 10. Being assumed 11. Slow computers. 12. People who smile the same way every time. 13. Man, I can keep going.
Oh man, hiccups do suck!!! So does sneezes!! I hate sneezing it irritates me so much!! Haha, the wet toilet seat sounds disgusting. I would hate that too! I agree with you on the smiling thing too.. so much to be irriated about!! haha
@megamatt (14327)
My pet peeves are many. A few of them are people who make promises that they obviously have no intention of keeping. That is highly frustrating to someone like me who doesn't make promises unless they really intend to keep them. Therefore, it just makes me look bad and anything that makes me look bad, is bad news to say the very least. Texting is another one. I never like to see people who text, because it has really ruined communication more than anything else. A quick text message here and there is really fine. However, when you spend hours and hours at time texting, there is just a bit of a problem as far as I am concerned. Talk about something that is extremely distressing to say the very least. Let's see, what else can I talk about how that my dander is properly up. Ah yes, people who bump into you and don't say excuse me. Two words that take less than a second. I guess some people have never really learned manners or maybe they have, but they need another lesson. It is so appalling when these people really just run into you and don't say excuse me. Manners used to be something that were taught, but now they are just something that is an afterthought.
You just helped me add more onto my list, thanks!! Haha! I too, hate texters!!! Yes, not only has it ruined ways of communication, but it is also rude, that everyone does it while others are talking or eating, or whatever and whenever they do it. I also agree with the promise thing!! I wonder how people can just blurt things out promising things without taking the responsibility to fulfill them. I think that is another pet peeve I mentioned, is that people who talk without backing it up with action. So many people say things and promise things and futures, but it's easy to say and hard to do yet they never learn from their last broken promises!! Yes yes yes, people who bump into you and say nothing are rude, you also remind me of another one, when you open the door expecting to go in, then instead someone else slides out and doesn't even say thankyou!!!! Just wanna let the door go in their faces!
@cssiduyz (1054)
I do not like to keep pets because I like to lazy to take care of it.
"Pet peeves" mean something you are irritated by, not actually a pet.
i just dont like people who pretends to be someone that they are obviously not. most people say that people do that because of their insecurities and i somehow agree to that. but really? i dont think you have to pretend. sometimes i get insecure but i dont pretend because i know when people starts fiding out the truth, all the bad things that you did, will go back to you.