The Truth Will Set You Free

@visavis (5945)
In our life are full of lies, do you believe that? From wake up in the morning until the time we sleep - how many times you lie with your family, office, with your friends the whole day. Is this lying connected to our discussion "the truth will set you free"? Do you feel the effect on it when one truth you exposed or given then you feel as guilty feeling gone? Share to us your experience or any views about this topic... see you around
@kanuck1 (52)
The world is full of liars. The one who contriols the world is Satan and he is a liar. He hates the truth. Few people love truth and do not want to lie. It is rare that you meet a person who is truthful and avoids lieing. It is encouraging to meet such people.
oh my you are soured on life, I know a lot of p eople who are not' liars and I am not a liar. I believe in God and he is watching me like a father but myheavenly father so no I do not lie, sometimes its hard but honesty is the best and only policy for me. To be truthful is to live unafraid of having to make up new stories to cover the lies you told before,and I wou ld never live that way.sometimes people become angry when you tell the truth but lies help no one.
@joygracia (1328)
I do kinda agree on this. We do lie at some point in time but definitely truth will bring to reality.
@visavis (5945)
That is the nature of people and it should be the right way, if we lie we should repent and try to correct our mistakes in order to have peace that give you a feeling of freedom. see you around
hi visavis I really do not think I lie at all, I may not sit and divulge my whole life history to anyone but very close friends. omitting is not lying at all. If someone I really just barely know asks me how I feel I will say fine as I do not give forth a long dialog about my health problems to any but my very closest friends.But to tell false stuff no I do not do that, i am honest and truthful too.
• Ecuador
I really believe in that phrase... "The truth will set you free" is the truth... The truth is the only thing in this life that makes you free. If you live in a false life, full of lies and think like that, you won't feel free, but if you live an honest life, without hiding anything to anyone, you'll be a free person.
As my pastor has said, there is no small lie, no little white lie. A lie is a lie. It all counts against us the same. I try my best to not knowingly tell a lie. If I am asked something point blank I cannot deliberately lie. In my heart I know that God is watching me, He knows when I lie, even if no one else does. It would bother me enough that I would have to go back and make it right, if I did lie about something.That guilt you feel when you have not been truthful will trouble you until you make it right, that is what it means to be set free, the guilt is gone. Each lie will be counted against us and we will have to answer to God for it. Sounds simple and very childlike, doesn't it? Well, even little children know you aren't supposed to lie.