Harrassed Online

@erikmama (12934)
Have you ever been harassed online on a web site that you are a member of? Did you report it to the site owner? Was the situation handled properly? I am a member of a game site called Winster.com, and recently I have been subject to all sorts of "harassing"behaviors, such as being called vulgar names by members, people who continually try to talk inappropriate, etc. I have reported it, and am told if it continues, please let us know. If you read the TOS when joining it says this type of behavior will not be tolerated and your account immediately deleted, yet it is being allowed to continue. Other than not going on the site, is there anything I can do? What would you do in this situation?
• Calgary, Alberta
Yes, trolls are everywhere, even here in mylot someone harrased the heck out at me but their post are deleted and one of the gets banned. Just remember to report those people so they will get banned. I think every message board and social networks have internet bullies and trolls. I have a youtube channel, its hard to explain how much harassment I have from commentors.
@erikmama (12934)
Hmmm....I never considred this to be a troll type of behavior, though I am still learning about the troll stuff. But I guess now when I think about it that is what is happeneing. Of course on Youtube you can expect to get dome comments, both good and bad based on the things you are posting. Stine, do people say this because you live in Germany? Racism at its finest!
@bounce58 (17550)
I guess that as in real life, there are also creeps to be found even online. The best way to get back would be to just quit the site. But as I read here, you are just waiting for enough points to get a prize so, you might as well just tough it out. And as you know... Sticks and stones...
@erikmama (12934)
Yea, it hasnt been to bad as of late and i really wanna get my prize.I try to ignore these buttheads but sometimes me being me I must reply...
I've been a member of the site that you are referring to for some time and I consider myself to be lucky that I've not been subjected to such behavior. However, I would definitely report it to admin again if the behavior persists. In fact, I would probably call their customer service and see if they are able to be of some help to you. Other than that, I would probably start a list of those that are getting to you and not ever go into rooms with them.
@erikmama (12934)
We did send emails and were told to report it if the behavior contniues. Sometimes it isn't the same people. Hey!! I need to add you as a friend on there, too. I just have the worst of lucj always, but luckily it hasnt been happening the last few times that I have been on there. It is really annoying to try to come and play an honest game and have this happen.
There's this site of a music gropus where I got insulted for mentioning the word "my chemical romance". I do not like the band as in LIKKKE but just 2 particular song of theirs. I can't do anything because the general people in that forums are usually that way. What I did? I left the site.
Erikmama- I went through that sometime back and as mentioned trolls are simply people who have very little to do outside of harass people online. They live for the attention they receive because of it. The best thing to do is not engage them. Simply do not respond. However,do report them to the authorities. Keep a record of your conversations with the administration so you know what the pattern is and the time they are taking to handle situations. Not every site will ban members even though it is in their TOS to do so. If the site has a "block" control I would utilize it. These types of bullies are simply not worth it. Namaste-Anora
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, I remember you telling me about trolls. Im just stil new to the whole concept and idea of a troll, I guess.I do not engage in it, for the most part, though I have said words before. I also have reported it to the administration o the site, where I am told to keep reporting it if it happens anymore. I do not think that this type of behavior should be tolerated at all, especially with some of the things that have been said. Man I really wish they would find something to do with their time.
I'm a member of a forum which was started by my local newspaper organization. Inside there, there are a lot of flame wars that one will never expect. I also encounter a lot of them and those who started it will get banned eventually as there is a site moderator who moderates and polices the site regularly. So I say, why do those internet trolls do this in spite that they'll get banned? Isn't that foolish? So, if you're being harrassed online, just report it and leave the rest to the site owner.