Does a true religion exist?

Do you think a true religion exists? Why do you believe your religion is true? What makes your religion the true one? If everyone practiced your religion, would the world be peaceful? Would the world be better?
@1hopefulman (11691)
Do you think a true religion exists? Logic would dictate that just as there is only one true God, there can be only one true religion. Because truth is one, singular. Deuteronomy 6:4 (Young's Literal Translation) "`Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God [is] one Jehovah;" Why do you believe your religion is true? Because everything is based on the Holy Bible and that is a book of truth. It tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What makes your religion the true one? Because everything i believe in based on God's word which is the truth. As Jesus Christ stated in John 17:17 (New International Version, ©2010) "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." If everyone practiced your religion, would the world be peaceful? Would the world be better? Yes! There would be no war as my religion does not believe in killing anyone. We leave the killing to God.
You may have something there. That's what I'm searching for. I'm looking for a good religion.
@1hopefulman (11691)
keep reading the Bible daily and I'm sure sooner or later you will find what you are looking for.
@mantis36 (4238)
what kind of bible do you mean? is it Roman Catholic Bible? or Jehovah's Witnesses Bible? or Mormon Bible? or any Christian bible? what about Korans? why is it they claim that their god is true? if every unique religion is true, who is false? since God answer our question using Faith as his mysterious ways.... that since before and up to now, god answers to all religions that each religions are correct? each religions god is correct? specify and include in a prayer, and ask god, "God, please answer me, who is the correct religion? why is it they claim they all right? Did you even said to all of the religion using their faith that they are all correct?
Hi, kanuck1. Not at all, There is nothing like a true religion. The idea of a religion is highly perspective-driven; everyone has his/her own opinion on religious topics and on different religions of the world. However, I would like to say two things on this topic, as per my understanding. Firstly, I don't think anything like "religion" can ever be classified in terms of being "true", as the basic notion of a religion itself is subject to debate. I don't think there should be anything like religion in this world as it discriminates individuals in the name of being descendant from one community, even if the person's faith is similar to those belonging to other religions. This concrete demarcation around the notion of different faiths (that is actually abstract not concrete) has led to a lot of troubles over entire history of civilized mankind. But, whatever I may think, religions do exist. As far as my little knowledge about different religions around the world is concerned, I believe that most of the religions have got the same essence. The difference arises due to the cumulative effect of the their differing interpretations by different communities/individuals over a long timeline.
Hi there...if there is a God then there has to be a united religion that reflects his qualities. A religion is not true because of opininion but becaue they reflect well on God. They have to show love. As i keep lookin I see Jehovah`s Witnesses and I`m impressed. I`m trying to seeif there is another decent religion where most of their members live the Bible.
@mantis36 (4238)
how about Roman Catholics who prefer Divorce to be legalized?
Catholics seem to prefer following traditions and philosophy rather than the Bible.
@pecito (304)
• Bulgaria
Unfortunately believing there could be established a single religion that unites people is utopia. That would never happen as long as religion is tightly connected with politics and is a way of manipulating people. Take the Vatican, for example, it's a whole political system that impacts the whole world. I personally choose the best of all religions that is love and compassion.
Have you looked at the Jehovah`s Witnesses? They seem to be pretty united. When the come to my door, they are always friendly and smiling. They are from different nationalities. They seem to be pretty close to being a good model for us all. THey say that they stay out of politics. Have you noticed any religion doing good?
@Pose123 (21675)
Hi kanuck1, There is no true religion, in fact I believe that the world would be a better place if there was no organized religion. We need to recognize that we are spiritual beings having a human experience and our job here is to experience life in the physical. The golden rule should be our example and we would need nothing more. Blessings.
Hi Pose123...how are we spiritual beings having a human experience? Where do we come from? How come I am not aware of it? I know I have a spiritual dimension. I know that I want to fix this world if I could. What you say makes little sense. The rapist then is a spiritual being? The torturer is a spiritual being? He must be a demon? The abortioner is a spiritual being killing another spiritual being? Then these spiritual beings are worse than animals. I`m glad that I am a human being and different from wicked human beings. I cannot make any sense of what you are saying. Sorry to be so blunt. I see some good people in all religions though mostof them are no different than thoase that have no religion and at times even worse. I`m beginning to realize that the one of the few decent religions are the Jehovah`s Witnesses. They are united. THey work together. They try not to hate. They do not go to war. If there was a good religion, that one comes pretty close.
@momof3kids (1903)
Yes mine is. I know I sound obnoxious but if you get to know Islam the way that we do, you will fall in love I guarantee it. Thats why when 9/11 happened and everybody else says Islam is no good, there is no shaking when you know whats its like. I beleive mine is true because it applies to me logically. It clears my mind and gives me peace. If everyone practiced my religion the way it should be, the world will already be paradise.
Islam as a road to Peace is a wonderful thing as long as you can avoid the "extremists" such as with Christianity. It is when the true teachings are perverted then you catch all sorts of hell. MEE I like the Sufi as well as traditional, wonderful study, true Love. Have a wonderful day!
Yes and the world badly needs a whole lot of people like you. Have a wonderful day yourself!
Oops been thinking about this and need to post true teachings cannot get perverted, it gets misinterpreted though.
I believe All religions are the True religion. Each person just has to decide which path they want to follow. And if that path means no religion at all , then I respect that too.And No I don't think my religion is for Everyone.
All religions can't be true as they contradict each other. Is there not one God? If yes, then there can only be one true religion. How many truths can there be?
All religions are true. A religion is just a path toward G-d. They say different things because people are different and different people Need different rules or paths to take. Yes there is on Supreme Being , I call G-d. But to Others He Has many names and many different forms but He remains the same. It is like G-d is a huge globe and the view you see depends on where you live and how . It also depends on How you want G-d to enter your life. many need a strict set of rules, others not so much. That is why I say All religions are true.
For the believer It Is true. To others it is the silliest thing but to a true believer , It is gospel!That is why I follow my own But I also respect All others.
Well let me put my two cents into this discussion as all that know me know that I love the religious discussions. Do I think true religion exists: Yes Why do I believe that my religion is true: Because it is true to me. Is my religion true to others? Do not really know as my religion is my own as I do not believe as anyone else does and if I did then I would be a mockery to my own religion as my approach to Dad is mine and no one else's. We as believers were given the spirit of adoption which causes us to cry out "ABBA" which means Daddy. There is only one of MEE so Dad expects me to be myself not like a million other people. What makes my religion the true one: Read my answer above If everyone practiced my religion, would the world be peaceful: Yes. I have a personal relationship with my Dad and I live my life by the Golden Rule. I harm none and I try to NEVER offend the Sacred Ten. Would the world be better: Yes read the answer above. In the time of the Christ people considered Him as Sacrilegious and Blasphemous as His way of dealing with Dad was not like anyone else's. Christ had a familiarity to dealing with the Almighty as He was and is his Son the same as all us believers are today as we have been adopted. People do not teach or they just do not believe in that Divine Adoption that we were all given and still see the Almighty as a stern Father in Heaven far away from us. My Dad walks with me and talks to me each and every day the same as He did with my Big Brother (Christ). I know that I do not need Doctrine nor Creed nor a building as I just need my Family. I am the Almighty's son, although adopted, it is not viewed as such as I am a Son as the Almighty is "no respecter of person". I know that when I talk to Dad, he listens. My relationship with my Dad is mine and mine alone as there is just one MEE. As my Dad I do not want to ever disappoint Him so I try to live my life pleasing to Him. I hope that I have covered everything asked for and hopefully have helped a little. Have a great day!
Great answer, meeandnotyou!
Thank you for the response, I am glad that you liked the answer as I was just speaking from truth. Once again, thank you!! Have a wonderful day!!
Hello meeandnotyou. I have read your response to other discussions and they are really great. Honestly, I'm inspired by what you have said above. Hope you could post a discussion that deals on establishing a profound relationship with the Father in Heaven like what you have now...God bless you.
no it does not exist but people have created it to show superiority and to make them self in to a group
Then how will the world unite and be better in the future?
to unite they must not have inequality,caste, religion
If God exists, then there must be a true religion. There must be a religion that is really showing love for their neighbour. If God exists, then he must have real followers who practice love and not just talk about it. Followers that don't kill one another or anybody else.
@ifa225 (11104)
everybody will say that their religion is the truest religion among other. i believe it because i had proof that my religion is true. first, by my holly book content. it said the truth about life and what would happen at the future
What is the name of you religion?
@mantis36 (4238)
i am a Roman Catholic religion in faith.... but i also believe in the Tao (Yin and Yang)balance is everywhere... but what i believe more is SCIENCE.... using Science, we know everything including religion.....
So, do you think you have found the truth or are you still searching? Or do you think anything goes when it comes to religion?
@uath13 (8227)
Even if god or the gods themselves ( whichever the case may be ) came down to earth for all to see & ordered us to worship & obey them it wouldn't work. There'd still be people trying to claim they were frauds. The gods could strike those people down with lightning & with their last breaths thos people would say " It's just a trick!". People are never going to believe what they don't want to believe. Many of those people also feel like they have to fight to prove to or subject their beliefs on others. Can't happen..won't happen...it's against human nature.
But if God keeps striking with lightning the stubborn wicked people, eventually there would be none left. Then the good people could live in peace. I like it!
@uath13 (8227)
It wouldn't take long until people started fighting over which ones were his favorites.
Not all people are bad. Some want to do good. Not all of us want to fight. Some of us are cooperative.
@mantis36 (4238)
there is no correct, neither true, or perfect religion, since all religions are made just for the humans to think several times before making a sin.... according to religion here on earth, we humans are made according to our own God's image..... all sorts of religions here on our world claims that.... not to mention that in every millions and millions of planets that contains life, they have their own unique god according to their god's image too..... and if you multiply all of the gods exist here in the multi-verse, the formula is: 50 kinds of earth religion gods x billions kinds of gods in every unique planet = zillions kinds of gods found in the whole multi-verse where no one religion wants to claim they are wrong, they insist that they are correct religion and others are blasphemy there is only 1 god of all, the universal God....
That is imagination and not fact. We have not found another inhabited planet so until we do, I will stick with there being one God and one true religion. The Bible is the oldest religious book and the only reliable book that I have seen. It just has to be applied and all our problems would be solved..
@mantis36 (4238)
well, if your religion is a fact, and my own Roman Catholic Religion i consider also as a fact, then, how about those other different Christian Religions that they claim they are true and my own religion is the law of Man and not the law of God? Anyone said that bible is the oldest and reliable book but the question is... which particular Christian Religion is the true Fact while other Christian Religion are MISGUIDED? Questions that up to now is why is it that all different kinds of Christian Religions why don't they united? for we all know that in Unity there is Strength... it is like a bundle of sticks, a single stick is easy to break, but a unity of all Christian Religions could never happen. If Jehovah's Witnesses and Roman Catholic united each other to have one leader then i believe in bible... If Iglesia ni Cristo and Born Again Christian religion united each other to have one leader then another two thumbs up.... If i say Roman Catholic Religion is the only true and fact (my true religion) I am right?
It easy to say that my religion is the good one but if evryone in world joins my religion, will world be better or same? If world still fill with violence and hate then my religion is worthless. Iy is only religion and there thousands of them. We need religion that will change world for better. I look at Catholic but they kill many people in wars and too much homosexuality and abue children in that reliogion. Not very good. Sorry.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes I said it is true because as we noticed that the God of Adm and Eve is Jehovah then he said if you worship me then I will called you you are my witnesses yes Jehovah's Witnesses is the true religion.
YES, I strongly agree that Jehovah's Witnesses is the TRUE religion. I invite you to research about their teaching and you'll be surprised to find out that this group is the only religion acceptable to Jehovah God.
They are a good example. I`m looking if there is another group that is also good. If we are one family then we cannot kill for any reason. So far I only see Jehovah`s Witnesses that do not kill or go to war. Is there another group?
@mantis36 (4238)
one of the concept of Jehovah's Witnesses that i believe is that they claim Hell is the graveyard, and not an fire or oven type that all humans are being barbecue for a lifetime.... there is no such thing as hell..... and god made humans to inherit earth, not to go to heaven, since heaven is a place only for god and not for humans.....
@angeline1 (146)
I think religion exist.Whatever religion you are, you have to believe in it.I have been practicing my religion ever since I was a kid.I have no problems with it.
But does your religion get involved in war and killing?
@mantis36 (4238)
war and killings are needed in order to lessen humans living on planet earth.... since this is the way god processed it as His Mysterious Ways.... if you such killings and war and also disasters like what happened in Japan.... then i think were are now facing extreme over population plus 2.2 billion people.... but according to bible, God already killed at around 2.2 billion people here on earth but still we are facing over-population commonly found in a 3rd world poor country....
Your logic makes no sense. We can maintain balance in th e population without killing and without war. War makes no sense. Mankind will evntually see the futility of war. Many already see it.
@bird123 (10127)
There is truth, fiction, and beliefs. If one searches for truth, one must realize fiction and beliefs can never be important. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Though each has some knowledge, none of them really understand God. They would come closer if they would join then compare notes. Even with that, there is so much they simply do not understand. They still think like mankind. Lessons and time will show the way. It's a good thing we have eternity.
@mantis36 (4238)
Science define God as an Energy or Gravity, since there are energy and gravity, the universe create using BigBang as a mysterious ways of God....
Science cannot define God! God is beyond defining by humans. He is a person with whom we can enjoy a personal relationship. He loves us and cares for us. We can see it in the power of the sun. We can see it in the beauty of a flower. No explosion constructs unless it is programmed. Let us our intelligence costructively and make God proud!
I don't think there is a "true religion". I believe the "church" is the true believers in God, those who try to follow Him in everything they do, true Christians. (I'm speaking of Christians because I am a Christian. You could just as well be speaking of any religion for the basics) I think we end up in one religion or another by one of two means. We either stay with the religion we were born into and grew up in, because it's familiar, we've always been there and we are comfortable there. We believe what has always been taught there. Or, as we get older, for one reason or another we choose a different religion. Something draws us to the new experience. Our beliefs may have changed, we are looking for a deeper experience, a closer relationship with God, whatever the reason may be. I'm a Pentecostal, what some call a holy roller. I wasn't raised in any particular church, I went to many different ones as a child. Later in my life I decided to join with the Pentecostal church. It appealed to me for many different reasons. Mainly I found I believed what they believed. The experience in the Pentecostal church was what I was looking for, a closer more intimate relationship with God. I've chosen this experience because it provides what I need. I was raised as a Christian. I've never considered being a part of any other religion. I see similarities in Christianity and other religions. But it comes down to one thing, there is One God. We may all go about things differently but God is God. I can't say that the world would be better if there were only one religion. I can't judge anyone else's religion. I can't say that my church is the only true church. But it is the one that I believe in most completely. Scripture says, in Romans 14:4 "Who art thou to judge another man's servant? To his own master he standeth or falleth, Yea, he shall be holden up for God is able to make him stand". That tells me that God will work it all out in the end. I just need to trust Him and follow Him.
I too am convinced that all good people will one day unite in one religion. There is one God and there has to be one religion one day. Jesus Christ did not have different groups. He said he would build his church. One church not many churches. There were twelve apostles and they all worked unitedly. When the flood came, there was one ark and not two or three. We have to unite. We can`t keep fighting and spilling blood. God is not happy with that. He is the Father of everyone. Which father wants to see his children killing one another? Do Pentecostals go to war? Are there Pentecostals that are soldiers? I know Jehovah`s Witnesses don`t. If we support war then we are not copying Jesus. He said all are brothers. He said love your neighbor. We have to stop wars.
@mantis36 (4238)
where did the Chinese hide during the great flood times? why is it there are plenty of Chinese people here on earth?
God made us with the potential to produce variety in looks and features. So the Chinese are also descendants of Noah and his family. We are one human family. Let us stop killing one another. Let us live as brothers and sisters. One human race,one family!
@riempie9 (1026)
• South Africa
In my opinion if you believe in a set of principles, live by it, it speaks to you and you learn good from it, that is the faith for you. There is no compunction in religion in Islam. It is your choice and no one can force you to change. It is unfortunate that so many people are filled with such hatred when they don't know the first thing about Islam, don't know any Muslims,and don't care to educate themselves.
There is too much killing in Muslim religions. They evn kill each other. Not for me.
@xkenzo (57)
"Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated" Ulysses S. Grant
We are looking for a religion that is a good one for all mankind. One that practices love for all. Since politics is about fighting then the true religion would not get involved in politics at all.
This question is relative. If you ask me, of course I answer my religion, Islam, is the real religion. My friend Christian will say Christian is the best, Hindu will says Hinduism and so on. For me, Islam has no doubt. It is a perfect religion from God. Islam is a blessing for all creatures in the world. That's only my view as a Moslem.
But Islam is divided. Which branch of Islam is a good example for all humanity?
I believe that all religions are good. It is because the original motive to start those religions was good. However, I think none of the religions have remained true. Evil cropped up from nowhere and polluted all religions in some way or the other. Not all religions are one as some say. Some are similar but most of them are different in more than one way. Some religions ask you to bear sufferings; they ask you to develop endurance and then there are others who ask you to seek escape from sufferings. Some religion aim to turn you into a sentient beings, the others turn you into an insentient being. All living things must live according to their given nature. Animals have one nature and humans have another. We see animals live religiously according to their given nature, whereas humans always tend to live as animals. To live as human they need a religion with set of laws that would make them live according to their given nature. The religion, which is able to do that, is the true religion.
So which religion do you see teaching their members to be human? Which religion abhors wars, dishonesty, immorality? The closest I can see are the Jehova`s Witnesses. Do you see any other that if that was the only religion existing, the world would be at peace?
@riempie9 (1026)
• South Africa
Religion is faith, remember? It exists in your heart. No one man is better than the other because he is born into a certain faith and no group should suffer humiliation and rejection because of a few. All too often it is hatred in the heart that makes us disrespect others. If your child does something wrong, do you blame others? We should live with love and not open ourselves to nastiness and disrespect.