Do you ever borrow money from friends?

I was in such a spot this morning. I went on facebook and aked three people for a small loan. Then I went and called a friend I thought was up and asked her to borrow money. I felt so bad doing this but I know at this point i can't do no better. One friend I know will loan me the money. I always pay her back on the same day I promise. This loan I can't pay back till March. Do you feel bad like me asking your friends?
i usually borrow money from friends because i will not have money all the time
Yes I can relate to that.
@asliah (11149)
hi, yes i do, when i am really empty, but not that so big amount of money, so that i can pay it easily, and i also give due date when i could pay it. i think there's n0o wrong or bad when we borrow money to our friends.
I agree with you on this one.
I don't feel that borrowing money from Friends is anything bad. I always borrow money from Friends when I am in need. But Sometimes I feel very bad when I ask for money and the Friend says No Flatly on the face. It hurts a lot. Borrowing money is simply fine but If you are not able to return the money then for sure it will cause a lot of Troubles in your Friendship. It has to happened to me many times.
I was ignored by two and my brother said no and my friend never called. Back lol. I will not ask anyone else.
@joystick (1680)
Thankfully i have never had to ask a friend for money, if anything they tend to want money off me and for me to get them things and then i wait until they pay me back.In the past there have been people that have let me down by not paying me back, so i never lend them money, but all the friends that have never let me down i get them the money that they need.
@pokumon (647)
I borrowed money from three friends when I went to Europe because I couldn't afford it. I hated it because I got so stressed about paying them back I felt bad about spending any money at all. In general, I think it's better to borrow from family. I just shouldn't have gone to Europe when I couldn't afford it.
@rappeter13 (5298)
I usually ask only small amount of money from others, and only if I know that I have that money at home, so I can return them the next day or in a few hours or in a short period of time. If I don't have the money to buy something, I usually refuse to buy it. I have lend money to my "friends" many times, but there are still many of them who haven't returned the money, even if I have lend them the money more than a year ago, even though they asked the money for maximum a month. I guess I have to forget that they owe me money. Anyways, I couldn't do this, to ask somebody the borrow me some money and not give it back in the agreed period of time.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I do not barrow or loan. The only person i ever barrowed from was my mom bf. I paid him back as soon as i could. He passed away along time ago. Ive asked family in the past for help but they never helped. I onced asked family to co-sign in buying a mobel home. In 6 mo. the contract would have been re-wrote without co-signer. Do you think they helped? No. My pg daughter and i were homeless. And yet they said no. I had a job and could have made the payments. I guess thats part of the reason i can live happy 1,000 miles away from them all. Im a island.
I have never borrowed money from people I know no matter how much I need it, simply because the people I know will run the other way. These are the same people that would always call when they need money and never pay it back. I have learned within the years that these people I know that I spoke about above you cannot trust them even for a second. Shame though, as I do not see anything wrong as you said you have always paid back and well you also told them when you could.
@dodo19 (27710)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't really feel comfortable borrowing money from friends. Sometimes, I might borrow a movie, or a book, or something. But that's really the extent of it. I don't feel comfortable borrowing money from friends. I just cannot bring myself to do it. Not with friends.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
I do borrow money from my friends,sometimes we can't avoid it,it's natural. I don't think we should feel bad about borrowing money,for as long as you pay in time,there's nothing to be ashamed of. It's our responsibility to pay them back so they will be confident enough to let them give you money again if needed. See you around!
@Lance26 (957)
I don't borrow money just to buy something I want but when necessary. And yes I asked my friend once to lend me money to pay the rent of my flat. I don't feel bad because I loan them money too when they need it.
I borrow money from my friends especially when I really need it. Sometimes, I just can control the outflow of money (I mean, my allowance) and I'm left with nothing. The only remedy I can think of is to borrow money from my friend. In my opinion, it's not bad to borrow money from them since you really need it. But, do not make it habitual because that would affect your relationship with them. When they lend you money, it is their way of helping you, so do not abuse their kindness. =D
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
only friends that already borrowed money from me but as much as i can i don't do that cause people feel unconfortable with that and of course it's never nice, but i had to, very little amount of money and i did twice in my life with people that i already borrowed, just because it's fair cause i helped them when they needed so if i really, really, reaaaally need it they are the ones that must help me too
@carmelanirel (21108)
Yes I feel bad, but when one time we had our electricity turned off because we didn't ask, my friend got on us about not asking for her help..She is a really good friend, and though I still feel bad, I don't feel real bad because I know if something were to happen that my friend could have helped us with, she would let me know it..lol
I feel bad when I'd like to borrow from others because I don't want to be borrowed too. But for instances when a friend simply left the money needed at home, it would be all right for me to lend. Vice versa, I would borrow money if that's my reason too and pay back the next day. I remember vividly 2 instances when I borrowed money. There may be others but I can't remember.
@MsTickle (24966)
I struggle constantly with money these days and am always going without so I can pay my debts. I'm not spending money on anything I don't need and if I cannot afford something I need then I go without. I know things will not get better any time soon so I am even careful when things are not at rock bottom and I have managed to make a small nest egg for a rainy day. I have friends and family who are much better off than I am. They know I struggle and they never offer help so I know they don't care. I would never ask them for money. My nephew killed himself a few years back. My father said if he was troubled he should have talked to his family and got help. I needed a loan shortly after that and went to dad for it. He said he couldn't afford it which was an outright lie. I thought...so much for going to family with your problems. I took out a loan over 10 years with repayments I can afford. My dad strengthened my resolve never to expect any support from my family. I would never borrow from friends, I would be too embarrassed.
@asyria51 (2870)
I avoid borrowing from friends, it is a good way to ruin a friendship. the same is true about lending out money. I will buy groceries for a friend that needs food, but not loan money. i feel it is a bit different with family.
@aerous (13475)
I never do what you did to your friend. I never ask my friend to lend me money on the net and even not online. But if there maybe a good reason to ask for the help of friend I think it's not bad...
no i hate owing money. i only ask from my parents. i couldnt remember when was the last time i borrowed money from my friends. i dont want them to look down on me an i dont want them to think im pathetic hahaha!!
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
I hate borrowing money but there are just times it can't be helped. We especially have to borrow at times in the winter time when my husband doesn't get any work and the only income I have coming in is what I make online...which is never enough..and then he has to pay back as soon as he gets some work or he works for them and works it out...later..It is really hard to ask for money it is like trying to swallow a apple whole..but..when circumstances pop up we have to swallow that apple..and do it.