What did you buy your mother for christmas?

We all love to shower our mothers with christmas gifts. I would like to read your stories about the nice gifts your giving your your mom.
I have never had a mom, as I was never raised and or had relationship with her per say to have truly called her mom. My boyfriend and I sent his mother a month of mortgage payment as she has been behind on her mortgage.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Hardworkinggurl, I am sorry that you went through that. It must have been hard on you growing up. I hope you had an amaszing father at least. That was a real generous gift you sent his mother and practical too. I'm sure she will appreciate it so much!
Hello sid, no I did not have parents, unfortunately went from the hospital to numerous foster homes my entire childhood. However, I grew up pretty fast and realized that I had to be the best mother to my own children. I have been blessed with a set of two wonderful and respectful children, so I believe it is my gift from heaven above for all I have endured. Yes, my boyfriends mother is like my very own mother as my boyfriend told me recently that she loves me more then her own children. hehehe.. She is very sweet to me, and find there is absolutely nothing I would not do for her.
@gdesjardin (1938)
I always get my mom a gift certificate at her favorite store. She always asks for that because she loves the clothes there. She is pretty picky so it is best that I get her the gift card instead of trying to buy her something. So she gets a gift card and I also get my parents a gift card at their favorite restaurant so they can have a nice fancy dinner together.
My mother has been gone for many years. She was always tickled with whatever I got her. She enjoyed just being thought of and knew it was given with love. I always made a nice meal and we enjoyed watching my daughter open her presents. To us both the children were what made Christmas a joy.
Although Christmas is not our official holiday. But I bought a feet bath machine for my mom because I want her to be healthy. It becomes colder lately. And here we think that soaking feet with hot water before going to bed will be so healthy. And this machine has many functions, such as massaging. My mom tried it last night and she felt comfortable. I hope it will be good for her. I love China
@syoti20 (5296)
I bought my mom a stroller for the business she will be doing this December.
@sid556 (31018)
When my mother was alive, she didn't get out and about often. My gifts to her tended to be things like taking her out and getting her hair done or something to pamper herself and then lunch and coffee together. She loved it because we spent some time together and she always felt good after the hair/makeup thing. So do tell us....What are you getting your mom?
sid hardworkinggurl here.. I just wanted to say that your gifts to your mom are the best I have heard in a very long time. God Bless you.
@sid556 (31018)
Thanks, Hardworkinggurl! Bless you too. I hope you have a nice holiday!
@Flight84 (3050)
My mom loves to cook so I bought her several new kitchen utensils and gadgets and put them in a pretty basket for her. Most of the utensils were silicon and in different colors. I also framed my son's Christmas pictures for her and got her a Grandma ornament to celebrate her first Christmas as a 'mimi'. :)
This year I didn't have a lot of money and my sister is unemployeed and she is still waiting to start getting her unemployment. However I decided that I was going to help her so that she would be able to go Christmas shopping. As a part of that, I asked her if she would go in with me to get a gift for mom for Christmas. My mother has been saying for a couple years that she wanted to have a fire pit and this year I found a good price on one so Shari and I went in on halves to get one for mom for Christmas.
@twoey68 (13662)
I actually haven't had the chance to do hardly any shopping so she may get a late gift this year. On the upside she lives close by so maybe if the weather isn't too terrible I can go see her. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
I bought my mother the third in a series of books she and I are reading. She doesn't want to spend a lot of money on books, but I buy books all the time, so if I am going to buy them anyway, she asks me to buy them, read them first, and then give them to her as gifts. This is ideal for me because I don't have room for books, and it's ideal for her, because she doesn't really feel like buying them for herself.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I asked my parents what would they like for Christmas and they said they didn't know and didn't need anything really. Well since my parents are now in their mid seventy they have everything they really need. So my sister and I got together to get them a giftcards from Walmart so they can by food and a gas card to put gas in the car. It will help them since they are on a fixed budget. I'm so excited and can't wait till they receive it in the mail. I just wish I could have been there for Christmas but this is my first year living in Puerto Rico and Christmas time here in PR is one big party for a month in a half. So maybe next Christmas I will go and visit. I haven't spent a Christmas with my parents since the year 2000. They moved away to Massachuettes and now are living in Florida. So hopefully next year will be the year to spend it with them.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
Hi friend! Hmmmm..I was thinking of it too but then I asked my mom what gift she wants me to buy for her since she has everything,you know what she answered? She said just give me money my daughter,haha! I asked her what is she going to do with the money,she said she wants to watch movies on christmas day,she loves watching movies on christmas day because new movies from her favorite artists here in our country is released exactly on december 25th,so I guess if that will make her happy,why not give her cash instead,lol! See you around!
@maximax8 (27049)
This Christmas I have bought my mother a new handbag, a calendar for 2011 and a professional photo of my disabled toddler son and baby daughter. My mother thinks the children should be the ones that have excellent Christmas presents and she doesn't want much money to be spent on her. That I think is a shame because she is special and deserves lovely presents. I wanted to buy her a frost free fridge freezer but she didn't want me to.
@cher913 (25895)
i have bought her some little things like hand cream for her stocking and a couple of gift certificates. one for food and one for a book store.
@buggles64 (2715)
I know what I wanted to get my Mom for Christmas. A couple things this year, but alas, looks like I will be making her gifts as well. I hope she will enjoy what I am making her.