Michael Vuck wants another dog! WTF?

@cripfemme (7715)
Michael Vick, the dog fighting football player, wants another chance to own a dog. I say, "No way." Maybe he could hang out with them under supervision, but not own one. What do you think? Article here - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Mike-Vick-dog-interview-Philadelphia-Eagles-121510?gt1=39002
@jugsjugs (13045)
I do not think that this person should own any animal ever again as he has a cruel side to him.Just because he is a football player do not make him any different to anyone else.I would not trust this person to have a pet for his daughters either as he may do the same if it is their dog, not worth the risk if you ask me.
@inu1711 (5288)
I don't know what would be better for this guy's case. He says his daughters miss the presence of a dog in their family, this could be a good reason to re-evaluate this case. I think he doesn't deserve to have another dog, but the girls should not be deprived of this joy in their life. Maybe his family should be permitted to own a dog from a breed known as non-aggresive, such as a Chihuahua or a Bichon or another small breed.
@Galena (9123)
the thing is, he's proven that he has no respect for the wellbeing of an animal. whether or not it's a breed that could be used for fighting, he has shown he thinks it's FUN to cause a dog suffering. and that it's morally acceptable to do so. I do feel bad for his daughters, but they can go on and have dogs of their own. there is no way he should be put in a position of responsibility to an animal that has a right to being cared for and being respected as an animal with feelings. animals aren't there just for us to use and abuse as we like. he may not use a Chihuahua for a fighting dog (although he might, if he thinks it's fun to set two dogs on one another. a Chihuahua has a fighting spirit, even if they are small) but he might enjoy causing it pain in other ways.
@inu1711 (5288)
Maybe you are right, I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that guys who put their dogs into fights don't do that because they want to make the dogs suffering. I think they do that because they want to show to the orhter guys how powerful are their "weapons". I don't think he would ever show to his former dog fighting partners his new Bichon "weapon". Maybe he would see in a small dog his daughters pet instead of a "weapon".
@Galena (9123)
they are taking pleasure in watching animals suffer. just because they wouldn't show off how "tough" a smaller dog is, they still have the mentality where hurting a dog is a source of enjoyment. they might not show they are "tough" by getting a dog to fight, but they might show they are "tough" by beating or otherwise abusing a smaller dog.
@whateva (786)
why? did he beat up a dog or something? i'm half way through the article and after reading the posts i'm really curious to know what the case really was?
@cripfemme (7715)
He was charged with dog dogfighting and went to jail. Then the court said he couldn't own a dog ever again.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
This guy should NEVER be allowed another dog, daughters or no daughters. They can get their own dog(s) when they grow up. Not having a dog right now will not be total deprivation to them. Why change the law for a celebrity's kids? I was watching tv when he made that statement about wanting a dog and I thought that it should never happen. He abused the privelege and got caught and consequences ensue. Maybe he thinks he should be above any further consequences? Tough...but they will be with him for the rest of his life and in my opinion, are justly deserved.
@Galena (9123)
he's not worthy of being in the same room as an animal so wonderful as a dog. how can he possibly think he has the right to the wonderful company of an animal that he enjoys causing suffering to?