Parking your car in a parking lot.

@megamatt (14331)
I'll be honest with you, I park my car about as far as way from other cars as I can. While it might be a bit of a walk back, at least, it is highly unlikely someone is going to park next to me a bit too far. Especially with those people who do not park quite inside the lines and its hard to open your door, without hitting the side of their car. So do you park your car far away or a bit closer, despite the risk that you might run into someone who parks a bit too close to your car?
to be honest i try to park as close as possible, especially when shopping. in my experience it doesnt matter where you park as you are still going to get the idiots parking anyway.
@megamatt (14331)
Yes it does seem like people could very well find their way towards your car. It is just one of those inevitable horrors that you have to deal with. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
some people just dont care if they damage someone elses car.
@megamatt (14331)
Yes that is the truth. Of course, damage the car of the wrong person, get caught, and then get a huge lawsuit slapped on them. Then they might care a little bit more.
@jesssp (2742)
With my old vehicle I parked as close as possible. It was a few years old and had a few dings and chips in it and it also had a plastic cladding along the bottom and on the bumpers so I wasn't too concerned about doors or carts. Even if someone did let a cart fly or opened their door too wide it would just hit the plastic and bounce off without leaving a mark. But now that I have a new vehicle - and it being my very first BRAND NEW vehicle - I'm a lot pickier about parking spots. It's a newer version of my old one and it doesn't have ANY dings on it, or the plastic mouldings. Plus it's winter and people seem to think that means parking lots are a free for all. So I have definitely been parking way off in no man's land!
@megamatt (14331)
There is just something about the winter that really limits the intelligence of people. It is crazy. It is almost like a gamble walking through the parking lots in the winter time. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
@agent807 (719)
I used to drive a small car and I park in the back of the lot. It wasn't much to look at, but it was my car, and I preferred that it would stay intact when I came back out to it. In the land of SUVs, people don't pay as much attention, and I have found out several times in my car from people hitting it. Once, a lady backed into a parking spot in front of my car, but backed up too far and hit my car. When she pulled out, her trailer hitch had snagged into my grille, snatching it out and damaging my radiator, and had the nerve to yell at me. I also, this may sound like a jerk, but when I park in the back, I deliberately park across the line to make sure no one hits my car (well I have been borrowing cars lately, and I would like to return it to them unhurt). People are hazardous to a car's health.
@megamatt (14331)
That really sums it up for sure. People are hazardous to the car's help. Isn't that the truth? People really do not care about property that is not their own. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic. Have a nice day and thanks.
I have had my share of people scraping and scratching my car. That I too do not park near or too close to other cars as I cannot stand seeing the marks and bumps on my car. So with this new car I have I too park further to assure that at least it will not happen in places like malls and large parking lots.
@megamatt (14331)
Its worth the walk a lot of the time. Especially if the car is new. Or if the car looks well enough to pass as new. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
I do park my car where no one wants to park it and when i park it at some common lots i see to that no car acn be parked next to mine i park it in a unorder manner so people cant park their cars next to mine.
@megamatt (14331)
That seems to be a good practice. Don't want to do any damage. Because it can be expensive. In more ways than one. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.
What a nice discussion topic you chose! I'm like you. I park farther away. I'd rather walk a few extra feet instead of risking my car and life. I park especially far away during the holiday shopping season. People get crazy!
@megamatt (14331)
Tis the season for insane drivers indeed. I think that's why I avoid parking lots whenever I can in the winter, but sometimes it is unavoidable. There have been a couple of near fatalities just walking in the past. Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated and it contributed to the topic well. Have a nice day and thanks.