Update on surgery here on the ranch

@savypat (20246)
Hubby is doing well, his food has not been very painful and so he's not on drugs. Now he is starting to get resless being house bound. I tell him only a week and a half to go, and if he really is bored he could was the windows on the inside. as you can guess that didn't go over to well. Daughter is facing more surgery on her back, 3 weeks into recovery she bent over to pick something up without thinking, now she's in worse shape then she was before this started. So Monday it's back to the hospital for her. Please send prayers. And I am working on some barbed wire from the ranch that I can wind around her so that if she even starts to bend she will get stuck. (just kidding about that) Christmas is going to be very quite around here.
hi savypat thought you had been off here for ahwile.I am glad you husband is doing great, I think if I am not mistaken you said his' foot has not been very painful or is food right? please I am not' making fun as I make typos all the time .Oh my if he is anyhting thing like my husband was washing windows on the outside would get his goat for sure. I am so sorry for your daughter having to go back for more hospital. That made me remember my stupidy when I had had a hysterectomy as I was not to lift anything heavier than a teacup. I had a lot of stitches. oKay so my hubby brings my kids to see me and my little daughter a chubby year old' calls out pick baby up. So not thinking I do just that and hug her as she was the cuddle bunny of our family. and in the middle of the night such pain I call the nurse and she examines me and calls the doctor emergency surgery at 4 amn and withouf anesthetization as a major artery was pumping out blood really fast.oh boy big pain.,but after he got the bleeding stopped He deadened the whole area and they shot me full of demoral.this of course meant a week more in the hospital.lo l learned one major thing always obey your doctor and surgeon. lol
@savypat (20246)
Yes foot is what should have been, sometimes those typos can be very funny. Thanks
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi pat, you can do something for your husband so he will not be so bored. you can make him help in the kitchen, cut up vegies, knead a dough... anything while he sits. that way his foot will not get too much pressure standing. my prayers for your daughter. a quiet christmas is fine. i wonder if story telling or reminiscing with husband would make it more fun. now you can plan stories while munching on some roasted turkey. how about that? have a great day. ann
@savypat (20246)
He's not getting near the kitchen. Where ever he is he's the boss and I don't need him in the kitchen. Thanks for the idea.
@tigeraunt (6331)
ok. he's the boss. that was so funny!
@zandi458 (27952)
Let him rest until he is fully recovered. It can be very boring starring at the four walls of the house doing nothing especially when he is an outdoor person. I hope he gets well soon. I can see that you have been quite busy lately taking care of your husband, farm works and now your daughter going for a surgery. Hopefully you are able to mylot amidst all your hectic works.
@savypat (20246)
Yes, mylot is the bright spot in my day. Hubby's getting really bored as he gets better.
@paula27661 (15899)
What a shame about your daughter! Let’s hope she will be okay after her next hospital stay, I’ll be sure to include her in my prayers. I can imagine your husband getting restless; if he’s anything like mine he would be driving me crazy by now! I can also imagine that doing the windows may not appeal! The main thing is that he is doing well…All the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year Pat.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh that's too bad about your daughter's back. Ouch.... But I'm glad your husband is doing better.
It is really good to hear that your husband's recovery is going so well. However, I really feel for your daughter for putting herself in a position that is worse than the position that she started in. I know how bad it can be to have problems with your back because I've been there in my life as well. I was lucky that my back was able to recover enough that I didn't have to go through surgery, but I will continue to keep her in my prayers.
You've got a lot on your plate. I pray you have a good Christmas, and that your poor daughter makes it through the surgery into recovery very quickly. So far I've managed to avoid major surgery on my back. My cousin though just had surgery on her spine. They had to break a bone, and then wrap muscle around it to give it enough padding not to hurt her. Sounds awful.
@dragon54u (31617)
I hope your daughter finally gets better soon! It is awful having back pain and I hope it's all behind her soon. I'm glad your husband is fairly comfortable! Foot surgery can be painful and I'm glad his isn't bad.
My prayers go out to you and your family. Hope you still have a Merry Christmas despite the health problems surrounding you right now.
I can understand how restless your hubby is. I have known someone who did the thing to a hip replacement that your daughter did to her back. Twice. It was so hard for her to learn. Her daughter put her in a care home to recover. I guess she did not have access to barbed wire. Hang in there, Pat, and do not go too crazy. We will be praying for your daughter.
@gabs8513 (48716)
Oh no Pat I am sorry about your Daughter and of course I will keep her in my thoughts I am glad though that your Husband is doing better Please keep us informed how your Daughter is doing