American or Asian movies?

Slovenia
Which ones do you think are better? American or Asian movies? The point in American movies are always the main character or hero, at the end he survives, most of the things end very well, and the whole story is spinning around this main hero, character. In Asian movies everything spins around the STORY, not the characters, and mostly at the end a lot of characters die, and when they die they die fast, one moment he/she is here, next moment he/she is gone. I am somehow more attracted to Asian movies, better stories, better fight scenes, better characters, movies for example Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Restless, Shadowless Sword, Reign of Assassins...
I share the same sentiments as you. I love asian movies more, especially horror and action movies. Action movies always feature Jackie Chan and I've always loved watching his movies since young. I'm a great fan of horror movies too!
My opinion is Asian movies are culturally different from the Americans. The Americans have their own kind of humor, horror, drama, action, animation, etc too. Asians do their things differently too but I wouldn't say which is better because they're both good to me. Most remakes suck so I don't think it matters.