Have you ever tossed something out inorder to stop eating it?

I bought a big movie size box of mike and ikes. Oh how good these candies are. But,I found I could not stop taking more and more. So,I looked at the box and walked straight to the trash ad dumped the box out. I feel bad wasting money like that. But,I think my hips will thanks me for it.
I am usually the one that people give the box to when they can't eat anymore. I am a munchoholic. I do get tired of the same thing over and over though but I don't know that I would throw something out. Especially the second part of the month when food and snacks are hard to come by.
Yes,we were talking about not having food the last week in the month. I will take out some pork chops thanks for reminding me.
Sounds good. I love chops!
I don't think that I've ever had that kind of problem because it is actually a rare thing that I get to eat anything around here. The kids do all of the eating for me so I am typically the one that is scrounging around looking for something to eat because they've eaten all of the good stuff in the house. I figure it is okay because they are the ones that are growing and I am the one that needs to ungrow.
Your so funny. I don't want to grow anymore so I try to cut out the snacking. Happy holiday's to you dora.I hope you enjoy all the food and family fun..
@buggles64 (2715)
I have done this before, especially when it's something sweet! Last Christmas, our family made so many goodies. And they brought them to share with us as christmas gifts. Well, I had already gained so much weight that enough was enough...so I tossed it!! There is that saying...once past the lips, forever on the hips..and it seems even more true around the holidays.
I heard that as well and I think it is so true..
@stealthy (8188)
No. I'm afraid my frugality far outweighs my concerns about weight. I rarely throw out any kind of food(or anything else that I think might be useful someday) unless it has gone bad. For instance recently I had to throw out some cans of tomato sauce because they were swelling up and I feared just opening them would be hazardous.
Now that I would have tossed out as well.
LOL, yes I have.. I had to have these cinnabons, and they came in a box of 12.. I thought I could like eat one daily but found that I had eaten three.. So I thought about freezing them but knew that I would just microwaved them instead of actually saving them.. So unfortunately.. LOL I threw them out.
I would have done the same thing. I don't buy donuts and cakes anymore for the same reason.
I am not sure what I have tossed out to stop eating. Probably some pastries or some cookies, as those are two things that I have a hard time not eating. Even if they get stale "yuk", they are just some things that I keep on eating. I bet you do not buy such a big box the next time, or that you give it away after awhile.
I offered my daughter some and she sis not want any. I had already eaten half a box of hot tamalies. So these had to go.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I can't say that I have dumped something in the garbage so not to eat it. I have avoided buying it altogether though. Luckily, I am 5 feet 11inches and am of average weight. I am trying to watch what i eat.