Did you get someone what they really wanted for Christmas?

Everyone keeps asking my mother what she wants for Christmas and the first thing she says is a dooney and burke purse. I cna't help but to laugh. because It is already under her tree. I told my sister the other day that I bought her one already and in her favorite color. Ugly brown... UGH!!!! I hate anything brown for real. So,even though it is going to be cold and I don't want to stand at the train station I really want to see her face. She wants white diamond perfume and i got her the set. She wanted a hamper for her bathroom and I got that too. She saw this nice cutting board in a catalog and I got that too. She wants to cook olow fat meals so I got her a weight watchers book too. I got her a lot this year. LOL
@ElicBxn (60884)
I don't know - but people seem to like my cross stitched shirts and I made all the gals' in my family one, even one for my uncle.
That is great. I would like to see one. I don't know what they are..
@ElicBxn (60884)
I find a cross stitch pattern that I think someone would like, then use waste canvas and stitch onto a shirt, then I pull out the waste canvas and there is the pretty pattern on the shirt.
I will have to search this on thriftyfun.com thanks
Because I have been out of town I have done no shopping at all. So I go back home tomorrow.. kind of bitter sweet but all packed and waiting for the time. So I will be going out on Tuesday and getting the four gifts I need to get, not sure yet what I am getting.. But will make all efforts on Tuesday to get it all done. I was hoping to do the shopping here since I was not doing much but I was so sick all this last week I could not move. I am feeling not completely better but much more then I did all last week. I won't be on all day tomorrow as it will be a long trip.
I hope you have a save time in your travels. Try not to show off your undies again. Those airposts should be crazy about now..
LOL, I am going to make sure a wear some pink lacy ones just in case.. hehehe
Oh no...
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Wow, it looks like you really love gifting, Gifts I can't afford buying presents this year, but the biggest present for me, which my boyfriend will make me is to drive me home and to spend Christmas with my family. My mom will give us some modest count of money, as always, because she doesn't know what to buy us, for sure, and that's how i'll spend one of the best Christmas celebrations with the people i love so much. My boyfriend is making me another present this year, which i love and he is getting close more and more with my family. He respect a lot my mom, because she is always thinking about us, she always gives us food, money, as much as she can, but she is trying to help us all the time without asking for something for her. For my boyfriend, i'm still thinking something, what to gift him, with my great love for him, because this year we really don't have money to spend for gifts, but may be in the begging of the next year i'll surprise him with something.
If your registered with freecycle.org you could get stuff there. I got three handbags for my daughter from one lady. very good ones I might add.
@Suggar (3612)
• Bulgaria
Thank you, i'll check, but anyway i'll got to pay the shipping, so it will cost more may be instead of buying from real shop here.
There and plenty of people willing to bring this to you. I know they have brought things to me.
Wow, how nice - your mother is going to be super happy this Christmas :)
She went under the tree and opened up her book. She loves the little house on the prarie and she is reading it now.
Mostly the things I got were what people really wanted. I will not say about hubby because he comes on here as well. My son's stuff is back ordered, at least some of it. I got some upholstery fabric to redo two of his chairs and that came. A certain CD my daughter has wanted for ages came as well. I am pleased with what I got for people.
I know everyone will be pleased with me. I am glad you got all your shopping done. it is crazy out there in those malls.
No, not yet.
I completely surprised my husband, by announcing that I'd paid for and booked an extra night on our Christmas vacation, so we can stay in our favourite hotel a night longer. We have wanted to get away for a while now, and on Christmas day we're going. Can't wait, and he's really happy that I did this.
I have to agree this is a very nice thing to get and give. Time is so hard to gain these days.
@Lance26 (957)
Your presence is the best present to your mom and the rest of the gift are just icing on the cake. But what you did there was really thoughtful, daughter knows best too.
Hi lance, I will enjoy seeing ehr face when she opens that handbag. I can't wait to see you put up an avatar. I hope you have a great holiday.
@Lance26 (957)
You sure will. Smile on her face is more than appreciation. About my avatar, still thinking about it... Thanks
Take your time till you find the one you really like.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
My two daughters are grown but I still ask them what they want. My youngest asked for a digital camera and she got it. My oldest asked for sheets and towels and she got them too. I usually like to give what they want then trying to figure out what to get them. It makes life easier for me to know what they need or want.
Oh,I am so glad your daughter asked for towels. I can tell my daughter she is wrong. I bought her towels for Christmas and she opened them saying no one wants towels for Christmas. Well here someone did. Thanks
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes, your daughter is young that is why she said that. Bbesides my daughter I would love to receive towels for Christmas too. You can never have enough of towels especially in pretty colors.
@kodukodu84 (1576)
That is really nice when you are able to gift someone exactly what they want for Christmas gift. I am not really sure if I ever had but seems like most people that I gave gift said they liked it all this time. As for my partner, he would not allow me to tell him what his gift is going to be because he loves surprises LOL. And he hates it whenever I force him to tell me what my gift is going to be haha Thanks for sharing and have a nice day
I hope you have a great holiday and a wonderful surprise..
I try to always get members of my family things that they really want for Christmas. So, this year my mother is getting a firepit for her backyard from my sister and myself. Then my niece is getting a Strawberry Shortcake set. As for my children, unfortunately I wasn't able to get my oldest the one thing that she wants the most, but I'm helping her to save her money to buy one just in case Santa Claus doesn't bring her one. However, both of my kids are getting really interested in photography and they will both be getting a digital camera for Christmas.
That's so nice of you. You are very generous. So far I have given some office organizers to one of my co-workers who asked for it. I still need to do some shopping tomorrow to prepare my gifts for my family and friends.
Gosh! You sure did get her alot for Christmas this year. And went to her play and surprised her as well. What a nice child you are. I hope she appreciates your kindness and thought. And you even got the purse in ugly brown. How sweet! And I am thinking you must be finding ways to stay warm as much as you have been out in the cold so far to see your mom. Happy holidays.