Are you a discussion stalker?

@yallit (3678)
Why do some people who disagree to a certain topic keep visiting discussions of the same sort? If they really don't believe on the topic being discussed then why are they the number 1 participants of that discussion. Shouldn't it be best for them to create a thread/discussion of their own where they can discuss what they hate to talk about? Just a thought. Cheers! And good day to all. :)
@Lore2009 (7389)
I bet it's because sometimes you are more sure of what you hate than what you like. That's probably why they can write all that they want and also some people want to just be the one that sticks out.
@yallit (3678)
but wouldn't be best for them to create their own discussion board/thread and discuss how they hate the topic than to visit all discussion threads pertaining to the topic and smear hate campaign all over.
@Lore2009 (7389)
Yeah, they're irresponsible. If they start a discussion, then they may get attacked by everyone, but if they do blended as a response, then they can still be a little safe. They're lazy.
@Lance26 (957)
It's like meeting and talking to people everyday. Today you opened a discussion with friends stating your disagreement for a certain subject, the other day you met someone opposing your views or asking your opinion of the same topic. Here in mylot topics do come and go faster, we'll never know same sort of topic already posted. They are in some ways akin to the other but regardless of it, we still find it interesting to read new perspective and to add spices oppositions are also welcome.
@yallit (3678)
i just find it strange that when i find like 5 discussions of the same topic (not just here at mylot but even on q&a sites) i see the ones who oppose the topic on all 5 of them. and then when you check the next day for the same topic, there they are again. haha.
@Lance26 (957)
Then the consistency is there. But what can be irritating about it is when they commented exact words like the others where previously posted. Otherwise is just fine with me. They want to insist they are on the right side? Let them be. They want attention? It would work.
@kodukodu84 (1576)
Hmmm I think that is the point of a discussion dear. It comes especially when we ask, what do you think of this? Do you agree or disagree? Or what is your take on this? When we post a discussion, avoid expecting that every of the people who will respond you will agree with you. Since we are discussing something, so the pro and con will absolutely come out and it comes from different members. So that is a risk of starting a discussion. Good luck and have a nice day
@yallit (3678)
i perfectly understand that there would be some who would agree or disagree with your viewpoint when you open a discussion thread. but what i noted here is more on as to why these same people who really don't care or disagree with the topic keep looking for similar discussion thread and post their negative comments on each one of them. that's why i call them discussion stalkers. because you would see them on all discussion threads about 1 particular topic only and keep posting their same negative view. let's say for example we have topic A and there are 5 discussion threads pertaining to topic A. then, comes person 1 who disagrees about topic A. isn't it enough for person 1 to post his opposing comment on just 1 or 2 discussion threads for topic A? what i'm pointing out is, does person 1 has to visit all 5 discussions for topic A and post same negative comments? that's why i'm calling person 1 as a discussion stalker. i'm actually glad to see people on all threads of a similar topic that he firmly believes in but to see them more on threads of a single topic that they oppose? i can't make any explanation out of it.
Nice term for it. Well, perhaps it's just their character or they themselves don't allow it to happen and will always want to be number 1 to that particular posts and many more.
Sometimes it's good to nudge people back to reality. There are times when people discuss things that really really doesn't matter and sometimes i participate in those just to say my opinion. I'm not a stalker or anything. I just happen to bump into those discussions.
@Lisander (273)
• Armenia
Such people are the downside side of internet. They are called trolls and it's to nice a word for them. We have such people in life to, but I guess in life you can close your door or keep them away in some way. In internet, if you go the same place as them and can't ban them from the forum/diary/discussion, they tend to get on everyones last nerve and feel quite energized by it. I once saw how one man, after making a comment on my diary on a topic that was in no way on his sphere of interest, made a comment in his diary - I feel so happy and full of energy when a new conflict is about to start and I am about to participate. I specially went to see what a men is he, because I haven't met him before that and the topic was specific and we knew generally all the people there unless they were new. After that I ignored all his comments and he made all 5 of them until finally he got bored and left.