Affirmations??? Worth something or worthless????

@Beaufly (994)
Do you believe in affirmations? Do you think that they help you achieve your goals in life? Do you practice them? Do you put them in writing? Do you speak them aloud? How important are affirmations in life? Some people call this self-talk? Is the way we talk to ourselves important? Can we change this or is this all mumbo-jumbo?????(
@chayapathys (2113)
Affirmations we can make and there is nothing wrong and may times it is necessary and good also but not always.We cannot achieve our goals by mere affirmations.Is there any necessity to practice and I do not think so...
@Beaufly (994)
Thanks so much chayapathys for your comment. I think one of the points of affirmations is to help you to transform your beliefs and thinking patterns from a negative state to a more positive state. Affirmations is only a beginning for someone who is trying to transform their life. In one of our previous discussions, we discussed meditation. Just think about a person who begins to use affirmations along with some meditative time throughout the day. I think they would begin to see and understand their own power, what about you?
Meditation is the best way to affirm positive thoughts.You can try to remove negative thoughts and in that way meditation goes a long way in improving one's personality.Meditations are of many types and the simplest is anapanasati meditation propounded by Budha in which you observe your own breathing..no expnditure ..no obligation , anywhere and at any time..What more...?All the best
• Marion, Kansas
I do not practice affirmations. I do, however, believe we need to be careful in our self talk. I have read other places that what you say is what you come to believe. So if you talk badly to yourself, you come to believe badly of yourself. If you say you are dumb, then it is hard for you to see yourself in any way except dumb.
@Beaufly (994)
yes, self-talk and belief can often come from how we were raised....if we grow up being told that we are worthless, we can begin to believe this about ourselves (sometimes this info is buried in our unconscious) so it is important to hear, understand and sometimes we have to reprogram ourselves to believe who we really are and from whence we came.....